Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 477

Thread: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

  1. #241
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    if Congress passes a law, it's not illegal.


    So a law passed overwhelmingly by both chambers of Congress is illegal bc YOU say so? LOL

    Oh brother, your way out there now. May I suggest some top picks on bunkers and ammo for your impending revolt?

    I hear The Bikini Atoll makes a great place this time of year.

  2. #242
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    So a law passed overwhelmingly by both chambers of Congress is illegal bc YOU say so? LOL

    Oh brother, your way out there now. May I suggest some top picks on bunkers and ammo for your impending revolt?

    I hear The Bikini Atoll makes a great place this time of year.
    You're so far out there you confuse the possessive pronoun 'your', with the contraction 'you're'. Therefore it is no surprise that you are completely unaware of constitutional principles such as a government of limited (enumerated) powers.

  3. #243
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    You're so far out there you confuse the possessive pronoun 'your', with the contraction 'you're'. Therefore it is no surprise that you are completely unaware of constitutional principles such as a government of limited (enumerated) powers.
    LOL a simple typo is your response?

    Reasonable minds can disagree; however in your case the reasonable part is largely absent.

    I get it, you don't like the government and you don't like how things are handled, that's fine. You can live in an alternate world if you'd like; the rest of us like it here.

  4. #244
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    LOL a simple typo is your response?

    Reasonable minds can disagree; however in your case the reasonable part is largely absent.

    I get it, you don't like the government and you don't like how things are handled, that's fine. You can live in an alternate world if you'd like; the rest of us like it here.
    No, the simple grammar is simply insight, that's all.

    I like it here fine, but the governance we have today brings a tear to my eye, reminding me of that oath I took a long time ago.

  5. #245
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    No, the simple grammar is simply insight, that's all.

    I like it here fine, but the governance we have today brings a tear to my eye, reminding me of that oath I took a long time ago.
    Take up arms then; see how far that takes you....what governance did you like btw?

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    The intel committee are made of congressmen so if Rep John Doe is denied is bc he isn't a member of the committee and is not authorized to have access to this- that's why a committee exists.
    A lawmaker NOT authorized? But I thought this was a representative democracy? Also, do you really think the IC committee is providing robust oversight to the activities of the IC? Do you think they're read-in on EVERYTHING the IC does or will do? I mean, that's oversight, right?

  7. #247
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,285

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Take up arms then; see how far that takes you....what governance did you like btw?
    You're a dangerous fellow, as it seems you are advocating armed insurrection. Stay away, dude.

    No, there are peaceful and bloodless ways to bring the government to heel, but I suspect that all things considered, it's way too late for that.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    What part of The AUMF, do you not understand?
    No law can legally contradict or change the constitution. That requires a constitutional amendment.

  9. #249
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    A lawmaker NOT authorized? But I thought this was a representative democracy? Also, do you really think the IC committee is providing robust oversight to the activities of the IC? Do you think they're read-in on EVERYTHING the IC does or will do? I mean, that's oversight, right?
    Call your congressman and see if he can request POTUS' Daily Briefing- see what answer he gets...

    The intel committees are tasked with a certain amount of oversight, not micromanaging.

  10. #250
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    You're a dangerous fellow, as it seems you are advocating armed insurrection. Stay away, dude.
    You must have me confused with someone else; I've advocated no such thing. Check with the voices inside of you- they may have a clue.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •