Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 477

Thread: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

  1. #231
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    The ACLU, EFF and other have tried and the reason they've failed is because they lack legal standing. The intel committee are made of congressmen so if Rep John Doe is denied is bc he isn't a member of the committee and is not authorized to have access to this- that's why a committee exists.
    So your opinion is that representatives who vote on funding for these programs should not be allowed access to information on them.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #232
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Applying legal standing in these cases creates a Catch 22 that makes getting the courts to rule on these issues virtually impossible. The Catch 22 is created because the government won't reveal whose privacy is invaded, so no one can obtain standing. The one exception that made some headway was when the government mistakenly released some info.
    There is nothing stopping Congress from suing the Executive branch; Congress has standing, however if a law suit was warranted, then Congress wouldn't sue, instead they'd repeal or modify the existing laws, The AUMF for example.

    The fact that no such action has been pursued tells you that after all the huffing and puffing and grandstanding that Congress as an institution accepts these laws and the programs based on them. The House saber rattles but only because it must yield to the passions of its constituencies and their never ending need for reelection.

    Unfortunately the Public can't be as informed as it wishes without compromising methods and sources; this is why we have state secrets after all.

  3. #233
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    So your opinion is that representatives who vote on funding for these programs should not be allowed access to information on them.
    Funding the NSA doesn't warrant such scrutiny by every Rep bc we already have established oversight protocol, The House and Senate Intel Committees for example. To do otherwise is to allow the politicization of the IC's activities.

  4. #234
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,313

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ...I am not convinced that the NSA program violates the Constitution?



    Interesting - can you show Sessions' statements on this program? Shelby I trust... well, that's not true, I can throw some people quite far, depending on leverage, and how I'm feeling at the moment.
    What part of "no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause" do you not understand?

  5. #235
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    What part of "no Warrants shall issue but upon probable cause" do you not understand?
    What part of The AUMF, do you not understand?

  6. #236
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,313

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    There is nothing stopping Congress from suing the Executive branch; Congress has standing, however if a law suit was warranted, then Congress wouldn't sue, instead they'd repeal or modify the existing laws, The AUMF for example.

    The fact that no such action has been pursued tells you that after all the huffing and puffing and grandstanding that Congress as an institution accepts these laws and the programs based on them. The House saber rattles but only because it must yield to the passions of its constituencies and their never ending need for reelection.

    Unfortunately the Public can't be as informed as it wishes without compromising methods and sources; this is why we have state secrets after all.
    Are you joking with this post?

    It seems you might not yet realize that Congress is completely corrupt, as are the 2 other branches of government. We have forsaken constitutional governance some years ago as a nation, and it seems you support that sorry turn of events.

  7. #237
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Are you joking with this post?

    It seems you might not yet realize that Congress is completely corrupt, as are the 2 other branches of government. We have forsaken constitutional governance some years ago as a nation, and it seems you support that sorry turn of events.
    Well I suppose your free to leave this corrupt land. So when did this forsaking start?

  8. #238
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,313

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Well I suppose your free to leave this corrupt land. So when did this forsaking start?
    Long before the sophistry of the AUMF was advanced and bought by gullible folks.

  9. #239
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Long before the sophistry of the AUMF was advanced and bought by gullible folks.
    Hm, PL 107-40 was voted as 420-1-10 in The House and 98-0-2 in The Senate.

    Doesn't sound like trickery to me... I suppose that according to you, both sides of congress were gullible; but you on the other hand, well, you would have been infallible to such trickery..LOL

  10. #240
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,313

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Hm, PL 107-40 was voted as 420-1-10 in The House and 98-0-2 in The Senate.

    Doesn't sound like trickery to me... I suppose that according to you, both sides of congress were gullible; but you on the other hand, well, you would have been infallible to such trickery..LOL
    Oh heck man, the NDAA amendment nullifying Habeas Corpus didn't even rate the Public Law designation.

    The gullible are outside the government. The criminals and domestic enemies are, for the most part, inside the gates already.

    Some, maybe you, are apparently gullible enough to believe "if the President does it, it's not illegal" or such tripe. Gosh, if Congress passes a law, it's not illegal.

    A sad situation this country is in....

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •