Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 477

Thread: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

  1. #111
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Define low level employee at NSA. Define indiscriminately.
    Did you read the article? Low level means basically everyone with access to the system.

    Though some top officials have denied the NSA offers this kind of access to its workers, Greenwald said that's not true. In an interview on ABC News' "This Week," Greenwald said "low-level" employees as well as contractors like Snowden can dip into a vast system of information on peoples' communications.
    Indiscriminately would be...

    "The NSA has trillions of telephone calls and emails in their databases that they have collected over the last several years," he said. "And what these programs are, are very simple screens like the ones that supermarket clerks or shipping and receiving clerks use where all an analyst has to do is enter an email address or an IP address and it does two things -- it searches that database and let's them listen to the calls or read the emails of everything that the NSA has stored, or look at the browsing histories or Google search terms that you've entered."
    The official position is that this isn't happening.

    On the same program, Republican Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss said he just visited the NSA and was assured that "there is no capability at NSA for anyone without a court order to listen to any telephone conversation or to monitor any email."

  2. #112
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Are you making the argument that tyranny is okay as long as a majority of 535 people agree to it?
    No, you are assuming that. I'm making the argument that the laws created by our government allow these programs to exist. The fact that you don't like the government's actions is irrelevant to their legality.

  3. #113
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Did you read the article? Low level means basically everyone with access to the system.

    Indiscriminately would be...


    The official position is that this isn't happening.
    LOL- you obviously have an ax to grind with Uncle Sam and no amount of logic will fix how you see the world. No one is spying on you- Facebook knows more about you than the NSA LOL

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    No, you are assuming that. I'm making the argument that the laws created by our government allow these programs to exist. The fact that you don't like the government's actions is irrelevant to their legality.
    So you are unfamiliar with the US Constitution, I take it?

  5. #115
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I don't think you understand what IT is.
    I know you don't understand what SIGINT is, though.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #116
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So you are unfamiliar with the US Constitution, I take it?
    Quite the contrary. You remind me of religious zealots who can only interpret information in a manner that suits their point of view. Sad.

  7. #117
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Nonsense. When I voted for my representative, Mr. Mo Brooks, I did not tell him to please, please, please spy on me. I did not say that I wanted to live under 535 tyrants.
    What did you tell him?

    Are you not making the case that we are not fit to be free?
    No, I'm not.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #118
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So you are unfamiliar with the US Constitution, I take it?
    Are the many federal judges that agreed and agree with this likewise unfamiliar with the US Constitution?

    Or is it that your interpretation is not the only rational one out there?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I know you don't understand what SIGINT is, though.
    But I do. One does not to spy on American citizens just because we can.

    What the US is doing is wrong. The government has never been our friend but now isn't it becoming clear that the government is separate from the people and that we are its' enemy? And it has become ours.

  10. #120
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    But I do. One does not to spy on American citizens just because we can.

    What the US is doing is wrong. The government has never been our friend but now isn't it becoming clear that the government is separate from the people and that we are its' enemy? And it has become ours.
    Do please enlighten us on the trade-craft of SIGINT..

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •