Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56

Thread: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    20 years for trafficking in children for the intent of sexual exploitation??? Per count I am sure you mean...
    Well I'm an advocate of the idea that 25years is the maximum prison sentence per crime. And I oppose the death penalty.
    So like if you do 2 crimes:
    -trafficking children
    -murder

    You can get a total of 50 years in prison. 25 max for each crime.

    So in this case, these guys should get between 20-25 years in prison with no possibility of parole. At least that's what I'm rooting for.

  2. #52
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I do if I could find them.
    But... Are you saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  3. #53
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Well I'm an advocate of the idea that 25years is the maximum prison sentence per crime. And I oppose the death penalty.
    So like if you do 2 crimes:
    -trafficking children
    -murder

    You can get a total of 50 years in prison. 25 max for each crime.

    So in this case, these guys should get between 20-25 years in prison with no possibility of parole. At least that's what I'm rooting for.
    That is ridiculous.

    So someone can kill a child, and it's 20-25 years worth of maximum punishment to you?

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That is ridiculous.

    So someone can kill a child, and it's 20-25 years worth of maximum punishment to you?
    Well, 25 years for murder. yeah.
    Though if human life span increases, I am willing to have it raised. SO now the avg lifespan is around 75 years in the modern world... 25 years seems fair. If the human lifespan would average 90, then going for 30 years is fine. So generally around 1/3rd of life.

    Again. It's the discussion about what should the prison system be?
    A correctional facility or a punitive facility. If you consider it to be a correctional facility, then you don't implement the death penalty or life in prison. If you consider it to be a punitive facility, you do implement the death penalty and life in prison.

    *regarding life in prison. I am not against life in prison for repeat offenders.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Well, 25 years for murder. yeah.
    Though if human life span increases, I am willing to have it raised. SO now the avg lifespan is around 75 years in the modern world... 25 years seems fair. If the human lifespan would average 90, then going for 30 years is fine. So generally around 1/3rd of life.

    Again. It's the discussion about what should the prison system be?
    A correctional facility or a punitive facility. If you consider it to be a correctional facility, then you don't implement the death penalty or life in prison. If you consider it to be a punitive facility, you do implement the death penalty and life in prison.

    *regarding life in prison. I am not against life in prison for repeat offenders.
    Well, fortunately about .001 percent of the population agrees with you and you'll never have your way. I'm not wasting time debating it.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: FBI arrests 150 in three days in sex-trafficking sweep......

    Looks like.....there was more to it going back to June.

    U.S. says 255 suspects caught in nine-nation child sexual predator sweep.....


    Authorities have arrested 255 alleged child predators in the United States and eight other countries in an operation led by a U.S. agency that illustrated a growing trend called "sextortion" in which children are blackmailed into providing pornographic images of themselves, officials said on Monday.

    The month-long Operation iGuardian in June, led by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, is part of a larger effort to identify and rescue victims of online sexual exploitation and arrest their abusers as well as others who own, trade and produce images of child pornography, officials said.

    "In many instances, the abusers take advantage of a sexual image the child divulges in a chat room or over a text to force the child to continue to produce darker and more pornographic images on threat of broader disclosures of the images over the Internet," ICE Director John Morton told a news conference.

    From May 28 to June 30, the agency also identified 61 victims of child sexual exploitation in the United States, Canada, Indonesia and the Netherlands, officials said.

    Morton pointed to the "disturbing trend" of sextortion, which occurs when child abusers coerce or trick children - typically teenagers - into sending them pornographic images of themselves. Morton said the practice has been increasing in recent years.

    He said sextortion has been on the rise over the past few years and can involve a large number of victims being blackmailed or extorted by one individual.

    In addition to 244 arrests made in the United States, 11 other people were arrested in Brazil, Canada, Israel, Mexico, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand. ICE worked with local law enforcement authorities in those countries to catch the suspects, officials said.

    Morton said 17 of those arrested held positions of trust, including nine teachers and three clergy members.

    "The Internet allows child pornographers to abuse on a sophisticated and international scale," Morton said.

    Among the 255 alleged child abusers arrested in Operation iGuardian, 20 were involved in online solicitation including two large sextortion investigations, the agency said.....snip~

    U.S. says 255 suspects caught in nine-nation child sexual predator sweep

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •