Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 270

Thread: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

  1. #41
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Jesus didn't condone sin..... Your argument is illogical, pointless, and wrong every time.
    I'm all ears waiting for you to show me where Jesus condemned homosexuality. until then, I'll err on the side of believing that Jesus was compassionate towards them. probably because that's the kind of guy he was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    How ironic.

    You think homosexuality is wrong for no other reason than people told you it is wrong.
    Nope, I can see all on my own its wrong.
    I mean, I know its not politically correct to denounce homosexuality. But I do anyway.

  3. #43
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Jesus didn't condone sin..... .
    No, He did not condone the Pharisee agenda. Not at all.

    There is certainly time left for you to become more like Jesus, however. It would be such a shame for you to suffer in eternal hellfire because you fight against Him as hard as you do.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #44
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Why is being politically incorrect so important to conservatives anyway? I have never been able to grasp the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Nope, I can see all on my own its wrong.
    I mean, I know its not politically correct to denounce homosexuality. But I do anyway.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #45
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'm all ears waiting for you to show me where Jesus condemned homosexuality. until then, I'll err on the side of believing that Jesus was compassionate towards them. probably because that's the kind of guy he was.
    Jesus repeatedly said to go and sin no more. Never let people continue in their sin...... Just saying.

    I am not saying Jesus is not compassionate towards sinners, never said that actually, what I AM saying is that he did not ignore their sin as many people here at DP try to assert incorrectly. He said to go and sin no more.

    He did not have to list every sin, and the notion that Jesus had to list every sin is quite frankly idiotic. He didn't list Child Porn either or Rape, does that make those sins ok?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #46
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?' CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs



    Francis continues to distance himself from Benedict. Thoughts?
    God bless him.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #47
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Nope, I can see all on my own its wrong.
    I mean, I know its not politically correct to denounce homosexuality. But I do anyway.
    lol...

    yeah, as a christian, you don't need that Christ fella telling you whats what. you got it all figured out on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #48
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Nope, I can see all on my own its wrong.
    I mean, I know its not politically correct to denounce homosexuality. But I do anyway.
    So, how much homosexuality do you see on a daily basis?


    This being the internet and all......
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #49
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    No, He did not condone the Pharisee agenda. Not at all.

    There is certainly time left for you to become more like Jesus, however. It would be such a shame for you to suffer in eternal hellfire because you fight against Him as hard as you do.
    There is a difference between being a Pharisee who did much more than call out sins, they imposed new laws on people that were not taught in the Bible in order to retain their power, there is a huge difference between that and pointing out blatant sin.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #50
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'

    Now come on, man -- you know well that the Holy Bible official Thumper Edition has nothing about Jesus in it!!

    HE contradicts everything for which they stand.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •