Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 270

Thread: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

  1. #241
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Read The Bible. You're wasting my time. This is not open to debate. You can google and link some dumb WAPO piece all you want. It doesn't matter.
    The Bible is very clear.
    That's the source. Read Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, ect. Engaging in homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination. This is what The Pope believes. This is what The Catholic Church teaches. This is directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ/God who are one in the same. You and a few others have completely derailed this thread into bible bashing. If you want to do that, fine, go create a thread and do that. You're not the authority (and neither are these "bible scholars") and what parts of The Bible Christians adhere to and what they don't however. The Bible is the moral textbook to living a Christian life. Living your life by God's Laws. God's rules. Not a life where you live by your own rules. That's why these Left Wing Collectivist "utopias" always turn out to be Hell on Earth. When Government has all the power, the only morality and rules it plays by are it's own. If homosexuals want to do whatever they want and engage in gay sex, fine, but when you die you always pay the wages of sin. That's what The Bible says. That's what The Catholic Church teaches. If you want to create your own religion where gays and everyone can do what they want, then go do that.

    You're the same poster who defends every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth. You're not an authority on The Bible. You're certainly not a believer. I love these phonies who don't believe in The Bible and mock God trying to tell Christians what's in The Bible and what God's Laws are. Homosexual sex IS a sin and an abomination. Don't like it? Not my problem.



    Especially The Book of Revelation, Eh?

  2. #242
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    As I've been stating in this thread over and over

    That's between me and God. Just like engaging in homosexual sex is between the sodomite and God.

    Got it now? Good.
    Then keep it between you and god. Rather than rushing to judgement and condemn others for the sty in their eye you need to concentrate on the beam in your own.

    Got it now? Good!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #243
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,567

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Read The Bible. You're wasting my time. This is not open to debate. You can google and link some dumb WAPO piece all you want. It doesn't matter. The Bible is very clear. That's the source. Read Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, ect. Engaging in homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination.
    Lev. also says that those who commit adultery shall be put to death, as well as those who commit bestiality. It says that if a man has sex with a woman and her mother, all 3 shall be burnt with fire......so, do you think we should follow those commands, too or do you pick and choose?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    Lev. also says that those who commit adultery shall be put to death, as well as those who commit bestiality. It says that if a man has sex with a woman and her mother, all 3 shall be burnt with fire......so, do you think we should follow those commands, too or do you pick and choose?
    I already explained this in a previous post. By "all 3 shall be burnt in fire", God is referring to Hell. Everlasting damnation if you do not repent for your sins. Cheating on your wife is a sin. Having sex with children is a sin. Having sex with the same sex is a sin. By put to death, God is referring to true death. The soul being damned eternally in Hell. This debate is not about whether you agree with The Bible or not. This thread is about The Pope's views on homosexuality. No Christian is calling for gays to be murdered in the streets or something. Nice hyperbole. Is engaging in gay sex a sin, abomination and a detestable act in God's eyes? Yes Does it violate God's Laws. Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Then keep it between you and god. Rather than rushing to judgement and condemn others for the sty in their eye you need to concentrate on the beam in your own.

    Got it now? Good!
    Quote me where I judge someone

    You keep dangling this strawman around without offering any proof

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?' CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs



    Francis continues to distance himself from Benedict. Thoughts?
    Thoughts??

    I think there is something to prophecy.

    I think few on this board would understand what I mean by that.

  6. #246
    Wading Through Bull****
    shagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Evidence of what?

    What is the topic of the thread? Do you even know what we are debating? You're obviously confused, since you have repeatedly tried to derail this thread with nonsensical gibberish. This thread is about The Pope's views on homosexuality. It's about the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality. You and a handful of other histrionics have tried to make this about me. It's silly.

    The only thing I've been saying this entire thread is what The Catholic Church's view on homosexuality is. The Pope is not going to change The Bible. He doesn't have that power. Now I understand that you don't believe that. That we don't have the same views (which is fine). That you want The Catholic Church and The Bible to teach that homosexuality is cool, hip and trendy because that's what Pop Culture tells you what to think. This is why The Bible is hated by people who think anyone should be able to do what they want. The Bible is black and white. Cut and dry.

    The Bible is VERY clear when it comes to engaging in homosexual sex. It is a sin and an abomination. That's right out of The Bible. I didn't make that rule. God did. I only follow it. I don't judge anyone for not following it. That's between that person and God.

    This thread has been totally derailed into another Christian bashing fest which honestly is a shame.
    I'll address your point and stay on topic.

    The pope seems to be contradicting the bible. The pope is supposedly the voice of god and infallible. The old testament has all sorts of diet restrictions, forbids working on the sabbath under penalty of death, requires a bride to be a virgin under penalty of death, and a host of other restrictions that have either fallen out of favor and been ignored or were lifted under the new testament. The conflicts between the new and old testament show that the bible can be changed, and if anyone is to do it, its the pope.


    Should the United States ban Christianity?
    that would be just as silly as sodomy laws and DOMA
    Could It Be Semantics Generating This Mess We're In?

  7. #247
    Wading Through Bull****
    shagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Thoughts??

    I think there is something to prophecy.

    I think few on this board would understand what I mean by that.
    Could it be this?
    Could It Be Semantics Generating This Mess We're In?

  8. #248
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Read The Bible. You're wasting my time. This is not open to debate. You can google and link some dumb WAPO piece all you want. It doesn't matter. The Bible is very clear. That's the source. Read Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, ect. Engaging in homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination. This is what The Pope believes. This is what The Catholic Church teaches. This is directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ/God who are one in the same. You and a few others have completely derailed this thread into bible bashing. If you want to do that, fine, go create a thread and do that. You're not the authority (and neither are these "bible scholars") and what parts of The Bible Christians adhere to and what they don't however. The Bible is the moral textbook to living a Christian life. Living your life by God's Laws. God's rules. Not a life where you live by your own rules. That's why these Left Wing Collectivist "utopias" always turn out to be Hell on Earth. When Government has all the power, the only morality and rules it plays by are it's own. If homosexuals want to do whatever they want and engage in gay sex, fine, but when you die you always pay the wages of sin. That's what The Bible says. That's what The Catholic Church teaches. If you want to create your own religion where gays and everyone can do what they want, then go do that.

    You're the same poster who defends every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth. You're not an authority on The Bible. You're certainly not a believer. I love these phonies who don't believe in The Bible and mock God trying to tell Christians what's in The Bible and what God's Laws are. Homosexual sex IS a sin and an abomination. Don't like it? Not my problem.
    Just had a few minutes. Thought t,o give you some readings to ponder:

    The Holiness Code – Scripture Study
    Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13
    Christians today do not follow the rules and rituals described in Leviticus. But some ignore its definitions of their own "uncleanness" while quoting Leviticus to condemn "homosexuals." Such abuse of Scripture distorts the Old Testament meaning and denies a New Testament message. "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." These words occur solely in the Holiness Code of Leviticus, a ritual manual for Israel's priests. Their meaning can only be fully appreciated in the historical and cultural context of the ancient Hebrew people. Israel, in a unique place as the chosen people of one God, was to avoid the practices of other peoples and gods.
    Hebrew religion, characterized by the revelation of one God, stood in continuous tension with the religion of the surrounding Canaanites who worshipped the multiple gods of fertility cults. Canaanite idol worship, which featured female and male cult prostitution as noted in Deuteronomy 23:17, repeatedly compromised Israel's loyalty to God. The Hebrew word for a male cult prostitute, qadesh, is mistranslated "sodomite" in some versions of the Bible.

    http://mccchurch.org/?wpfb_dl=4

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #249
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    33
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    That's cool I guess. His view and opinion aren't nearly as significant if you consider that they have no bearing on the opinions or viewpoints of the Church. It's just one man being progressive, not the entire institution.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just had a few minutes. Thought t,o give you some readings to ponder:

    The Holiness Code Scripture Study
    Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13
    Christians today do not follow the rules and rituals described in Leviticus. But some ignore its definitions of their own "uncleanness" while quoting Leviticus to condemn "homosexuals." Such abuse of Scripture distorts the Old Testament meaning and denies a New Testament message. "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." These words occur solely in the Holiness Code of Leviticus, a ritual manual for Israel's priests. Their meaning can only be fully appreciated in the historical and cultural context of the ancient Hebrew people. Israel, in a unique place as the chosen people of one God, was to avoid the practices of other peoples and gods.
    Hebrew religion, characterized by the revelation of one God, stood in continuous tension with the religion of the surrounding Canaanites who worshipped the multiple gods of fertility cults. Canaanite idol worship, which featured female and male cult prostitution as noted in Deuteronomy 23:17, repeatedly compromised Israel's loyalty to God. The Hebrew word for a male cult prostitute, qadesh, is mistranslated "sodomite" in some versions of the Bible.

    http://mccchurch.org/?wpfb_dl=4
    Don't know who that is. Don't care.

    They aren't the authority on what The Church believes/teaches anyways.

    Not really sure what point you are trying to prove here.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •