Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 270

Thread: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I love these church cafeteria hypocrites. They decry the "abominations" that they see in others while ignoring the abominations in their own lives. Reminds me of the biblical story about condemning the sty in their neighbors eye while there is a beam protruding from their own.
    Quote me where I condemned somebody. Oh wait, you can't.

    You guys are like wind up dolls repeating the same personal attack over and over because you can't debate the substance of the issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A closed mind is a terrible thing. Must be hard being so full that you can learning nothing. Sad.
    /Yawn when I want the advice of an intolerant Leftist I'll let you know

  2. #212
    Wading Through Bull****
    shagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,477

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Read The Bible. You're wasting my time. This is not open to debate. You can google and link some dumb WAPO piece all you want. It doesn't matter. The Bible is very clear. That's the source. Read Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13, ect. Engaging in homosexual sex is a sin and an abomination. This is what The Pope believes. This is what The Catholic Church teaches. This is directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ/God who are one in the same. You and a few others have completely derailed this thread into bible bashing. If you want to do that, fine, go create a thread and do that. You're not the authority (and neither are these "bible scholars") and what parts of The Bible Christians adhere to and what they don't however. The Bible is the moral textbook to living a Christian life. Living your life by God's Laws. God's rules. Not a life where you live by your own rules. That's why these Left Wing Collectivist "utopias" always turn out to be Hell on Earth. When Government has all the power, the only morality and rules it plays by are it's own. If homosexuals want to do whatever they want and engage in gay sex, fine, but when you die you always pay the wages of sin. That's what The Bible says. That's what The Catholic Church teaches. If you want to create your own religion where gays and everyone can do what they want, then go do that.

    You're the same poster who defends every lie that comes out of Obama's mouth. You're not an authority on The Bible. You're certainly not a believer. I love these phonies who don't believe in The Bible and mock God trying to tell Christians what's in The Bible and what God's Laws are. Homosexual sex IS a sin and an abomination. Don't like it? Not my problem.

    As non believers, homosexuals are theoreticaly going to hell anyway and have nothing to lose. Let the gays have their gay sex and pay the price if they lose Pascals Wager. Not everyone believes in your god, so don't act so offended when everyone doesn't follow His rules. Some of us believe the bible is on par with Aesops Fables as much as you believe it is the word of god. Perhaps its a test to see if your arrogant, judgemental, and vindictive to those who don't "sacrifice" as much of their life as you do.

    Homosexuality is a part of the world you live in, and accepted by most americans. Don't like it? Sounds like we've found your problem.
    Could It Be Semantics Generating This Mess We're In?

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by shagg View Post
    As non believers, homosexuals are theoreticaly going to hell anyway and have nothing to lose. Let the gays have their gay sex and pay the price if they lose Pascals Wager. Not everyone believes in your god, so don't act so offended when everyone doesn't follow His rules. Some of us believe the bible is on par with Aesops Fables as much as you believe it is the word of god. Perhaps its a test to see if your arrogant, judgemental, and vindictive to those who don't "sacrifice" as much of their life as you do.

    Homosexuality is a part of the world you live in, and accepted by most americans. Don't like it? Sounds like we've found your problem.
    Oh hey another liberal who didn't read the thread and who isn't debating the topic of the thread

    This thread is about THE POPE'S views on Homosexuality and what the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality are. Homosexuals don't commit a sin by being gay. They commit a sin (according to The Bible) when they engage in gay sex.

    What part of that do you simpletons not understand? Engaging in gay sex is a sin and abomination. That's what The Bible says. That's doesn't mean anyone is condemning the precious gays. Those poor oppressed sodomites whose feelings get hurt when people don't support their debauchery and pointless marriages. Boohoo. If a gay man engages in gay sex that's between the sodomite and God. If you don't want to follow God's Laws that doesn't offend me at all. That's your business. Nice strawman btw.

    Create a different thread if you want to debate the existence of God. That is NOT what this thread is about. (For the 100th time )

  4. #214
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Quote me where I condemned somebody. Oh wait, you can't.

    You guys are like wind up dolls repeating the same personal attack over and over because you can't debate the substance of the issue



    /Yawn when I want the advice of an intolerant Leftist I'll let you know


    Your free to have your opinion as are others. But in a debate, you actually have to present evidence. It's better than being snarky. Between the two of us, I'm the one who has present evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #215
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    This thread is a good example of what we see coming from Right Wing Christian Extremists these days.

    The dying gasp of their out dated and bigoted views slowly making their way off the stage...

    The closer the curtain call gets, the louder they will yell.

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    Your free to have your opinion as are others. But in a debate, you actually have to present evidence. It's better than being snarky. Between the two of us, I'm the one who has present evidence.
    Evidence of what?

    What is the topic of the thread? Do you even know what we are debating? You're obviously confused, since you have repeatedly tried to derail this thread with nonsensical gibberish. This thread is about The Pope's views on homosexuality. It's about the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality. You and a handful of other histrionics have tried to make this about me. It's silly.

    The only thing I've been saying this entire thread is what The Catholic Church's view on homosexuality is. The Pope is not going to change The Bible. He doesn't have that power. Now I understand that you don't believe that. That we don't have the same views (which is fine). That you want The Catholic Church and The Bible to teach that homosexuality is cool, hip and trendy because that's what Pop Culture tells you what to think. This is why The Bible is hated by people who think anyone should be able to do what they want. The Bible is black and white. Cut and dry.

    The Bible is VERY clear when it comes to engaging in homosexual sex. It is a sin and an abomination. That's right out of The Bible. I didn't make that rule. God did. I only follow it. I don't judge anyone for not following it. That's between that person and God.

    This thread has been totally derailed into another Christian bashing fest which honestly is a shame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This thread is a good example of what we see coming from Right Wing Christian Extremists these days.

    The dying gasp of their out dated and bigoted views slowly making their way off the stage...

    The closer the curtain call gets, the louder they will yell.
    Should the United States ban Christianity?

  7. #217
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Evidence of what?

    What is the topic of the thread? Do you even know what we are debating? You're obviously confused, since you have repeatedly tried to derail this thread with nonsensical gibberish. This thread is about The Pope's views on homosexuality. It's about the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality. You and a handful of other histrionics have tried to make this about me. It's silly.

    The only thing I've been saying this entire thread is what The Catholic Church's view on homosexuality is. The Pope is not going to change The Bible. He doesn't have that power. Now I understand that you don't believe that. That we don't have the same views (which is fine). That you want The Catholic Church and The Bible to teach that homosexuality is cool, hip and trendy because that's what Pop Culture tells you what to think. This is why The Bible is hated by people who think anyone should be able to do what they want. The Bible is black and white. Cut and dry.

    The Bible is VERY clear when it comes to engaging in homosexual sex. It is a sin and an abomination. That's right out of The Bible. I didn't make that rule. God did. I only follow it. I don't judge anyone for not following it. That's between that person and God.

    This thread has been totally derailed into another Christian bashing fest which honestly is a shame.



    Should the United States ban Christianity?
    If you don't have comprehension issues, you know what evidence. And you know our discussion concerning how then Bible is not as clear on this as you think. Ranting won't make people forget what has been said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #218
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Quote me where I condemned somebody. Oh wait, you can't.

    You guys are like wind up dolls repeating the same personal attack over and over because you can't debate the substance of the issue



    /Yawn when I want the advice of an intolerant Leftist I'll let you know
    Not at all. You are quick to cite leviticus and claim "Abominations"....yet I bet the clothing you are wearing right now is an abomination...and I bet many of the other Leviticus "abominations" are overlooked by you and people such as yourself despite claiming "no wiggle room". Its the hypocrisy that is so blaring yet you cannot see.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not at all. You are quick to cite leviticus and claim "Abominations"....yet I bet the clothing you are wearing right now is an abomination...and I bet many of the other Leviticus "abominations" are overlooked by you and people such as yourself despite claiming "no wiggle room". Its the hypocrisy that is so blaring yet you cannot see.
    As I've been stating in this thread over and over

    That's between me and God. Just like engaging in homosexual sex is between the sodomite and God.

    Got it now? Good.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Pope Francis on gays: `Who am I to judge?'[W:65,239]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    As I've been stating in this thread over and over

    That's between me and God. Just like engaging in homosexual sex is between the sodomite and God.

    Got it now? Good.


    Love you throwing in sodomite. No attempt at an insult there.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •