Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 353

Thread: Signs of declining economic security

  1. #341
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,166

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    It's very obvious you are incapable of educating me or anyone else on anything. People that swallow the liberal lines hook, line and sinker never can. All they can do is repeat the phony false lines they have themselves bought.
    Bwahaha...let me guess...Liberals repeat phony false lines and Conservatives are free thinkers. Who do you think is buying anything hook line and sinker with that view?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #342
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Bwahaha...let me guess...Liberals repeat phony false lines and Conservatives are free thinkers. Who do you think is buying anything hook line and sinker with that view?
    Quick. Go buy a power ball ticket.

  3. #343
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Bwahaha...let me guess...Liberals repeat phony false lines and Conservatives are free thinkers. Who do you think is buying anything hook line and sinker with that view?
    This is just atrocious. There are stupid liberals that repeat phony false lines and there are stupid conservatives that repeat phony false lines. There are liberals that are free thinkers. There are conservatives that are free thinkers.

    The dumbest among us are those that think everything is black and white.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #344
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,166

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    This is just atrocious. There are stupid liberals that repeat phony false lines and there are stupid conservatives that repeat phony false lines. There are liberals that are free thinkers. There are conservatives that are free thinkers.

    The dumbest among us are those that think everything is black and white.
    That was the point of my post. If you have the view that my tribe is good and the other tribe in every way is bad/dumb etc than you are the one buying phony lies hook line and sinker!
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #345
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    I'd just like to point out that we were all blaming Bush for the economic ****up on a grand scale before Obama got elected, and in my opinion rightly so. That said, Obama royally screwed it up too. It's not that they can make it much better, but both of them certainly made it worse.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  6. #346
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigi View Post
    I'd just like to point out that we were all blaming Bush for the economic ****up on a grand scale before Obama got elected, and in my opinion rightly so. That said, Obama royally screwed it up too. It's not that they can make it much better, but both of them certainly made it worse.
    Of course, it's quite likely neither really had to power to fix the economy. Of all the factors involved in the economy, the government is the least of them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #347
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course, it's quite likely neither really had to power to fix the economy. Of all the factors involved in the economy, the government is the least of them.
    True. Although I would argue that keeping the banks afloat only made it worse. Iceland is doing fine without theirs.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  8. #348
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigi View Post
    True. Although I would argue that keeping the banks afloat only made it worse. Iceland is doing fine without theirs.
    maybe, but I assure you that too would have garnered serious criticism.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #349
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    maybe, but I assure you that too would have garnered serious criticism.
    As would anyone else. That's where facts come in.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  10. #350
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigi View Post
    As would anyone else. That's where facts come in.
    The facts of what would have happened would be hard to gather.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •