Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 353

Thread: Signs of declining economic security

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    When did we cede our sovereignty to the UN? This is news!
    That's another red herring. As we had no just cause and Saddam posed no eminent threat, only the UN resolutions, which are there's and not ours, gave any credible legality to our action.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #332
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    He said that really? Like you, he must not have read what he voted for in the "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002".

    BTW, the resolution congress passed belonged to them. They debated it, they wrote it, they voted for it. Now here's the definition of the word resolution from the free dictionary:
    "1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.

    2. A resolving to do something.

    3. A course of action determined or decided on.

    4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress."

    Everything in the resolution belonged to congress. Bush agreed with it. Notice how the definition doesn't fit with the BS tune you keep singing. Facts are facts.
    Like me he read it. Like me he thought it should not be signed, as he stated. Unlike me, he lacked the will to just say no. But, he stated these things all the same.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #333
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like me he read it. Like me he thought it should not be signed, as he stated. Unlike me, he lacked the will to just say no. But, he stated these things all the same.
    "On September 14, 2001 Senate Joint Resolution 23 passed in the Senate by roll call vote. The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig - R and Jesse Helms - R)."

    Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Hmmmm....I think that means Kerry voted for it....Until ofcourse it became politically expedient to oppose it....

    *Yawn*
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #334
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "On September 14, 2001 Senate Joint Resolution 23 passed in the Senate by roll call vote. The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig - R and Jesse Helms - R)."

    Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Hmmmm....I think that means Kerry voted for it....Until ofcourse it became politically expedient to oppose it....

    *Yawn*
    Didn't say he didn't vote for it. Do you know at all what I did say?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #335
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Didn't say he didn't vote for it. Do you know at all what I did say?
    Other than the excuse making, and general foolishness rehashed from 10 years ago, it all sounds the same....Very generic Joe....

    Night now!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #336
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Other than the excuse making, and general foolishness rehashed from 10 years ago, it all sounds the same....Very generic Joe....

    Night now!
    And yet you couldn't address what was said. Very generic J. Nite.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #337
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And yet you couldn't address what was said. Very generic J. Nite.
    What did you say that you haven't wrongly thought and said since 2003? I am so tired of your line of Bull S. that I just can't believe that you actually have a job where they let you hold our children captive in a room for any period of time and have the opportunity to poison their minds with your progressive drivel.

    Your hatred of Bush will probably arguing the same tired lies for the rest of your life sadly, and I no longer think that your argument is worth the energy, nor are you worth the time, or energy it takes to attempt to talk some sense into you. You want to go through life arrogantly thinking that you're right, and everyone else is wrong? Be my guest.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #338
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What did you say that you haven't wrongly thought and said since 2003? I am so tired of your line of Bull S. that I just can't believe that you actually have a job where they let you hold our children captive in a room for any period of time and have the opportunity to poison their minds with your progressive drivel.

    Your hatred of Bush will probably arguing the same tired lies for the rest of your life sadly, and I no longer think that your argument is worth the energy, nor are you worth the time, or energy it takes to attempt to talk some sense into you. You want to go through life arrogantly thinking that you're right, and everyone else is wrong? Be my guest.
    Really, I challenge you on the facts.

    1) did Kerry say in casting his vote he fight Bush if he went outside the UN?

    2) did Kerry say Saddam did not meet the level of threat that required us to invade otherwise?

    3) did we find a growing and gathering program to match Bush's claim?

    4) didn't the CIA doubt Chalibi, his hers in error, and al Libi (the curricula evidence).

    5) wasn't there a warning issued concerning Curveball?

    6) wasn't Fieth found to have used intel Inappropriately?

    7) can you produce any evidence to dispute anything in this list?

    if not, what exactly am I wrong about?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #339
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Really, I challenge you on the facts.

    1) did Kerry say in casting his vote he fight Bush if he went outside the UN?

    2) did Kerry say Saddam did not meet the level of threat that required us to invade otherwise?

    3) did we find a growing and gathering program to match Bush's claim?

    4) didn't the CIA doubt Chalibi, his hers in error, and al Libi (the curricula evidence).

    5) wasn't there a warning issued concerning Curveball?

    6) wasn't Fieth found to have used intel Inappropriately?

    7) can you produce any evidence to dispute anything in this list?

    if not, what exactly am I wrong about?
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No clue as to what you are referring.
    4. The CIA doubts everybody. All sources.
    5. They get warnings conflicting most if not all sources.
    6. Beats me.
    7. Yes.

    Just about all, if not all of it.

    John Kerry voted yes on the 11th of Oct. On Sep 16th Saddam Hussein had said he would "unconditional" allow UN inspectors without conditions in Iraq. On this, I'll give Kerry a little credit as even he was not dumb enough to fall for that. But had Kerry placed his faith in the UN, that's when he would have done so. He didn't do it.

    So Kerry threw in with congress and Bush not some near worthless UN resolution.

    After voting yes, note the word "after", Kerry went on a rant about supporting the UN. But then he turned right around, after the invasion and our military was having great success and co-sponsored a Senate resolution declaring the invasion lawful and authorized by Congress (Not Bush) and that he commended and supported the leadership of Bush in the conflict with Iraq.

    I realize the facts sting when you have bought hook, line and sinker a bogus line of crap. But when it comes to Kerry remember, liars lie. And he banks and people being stupid or having very short memories or just being ate up with liberalism.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. No clue as to what you are referring.
    4. The CIA doubts everybody. All sources.
    5. They get warnings conflicting most if not all sources.
    6. Beats me.
    7. Yes.

    Just about all, if not all of it.

    John Kerry voted yes on the 11th of Oct. On Sep 16th Saddam Hussein had said he would "unconditional" allow UN inspectors without conditions in Iraq. On this, I'll give Kerry a little credit as even he was not dumb enough to fall for that. But had Kerry placed his faith in the UN, that's when he would have done so. He didn't do it.

    So Kerry threw in with congress and Bush not some near worthless UN resolution.

    After voting yes, note the word "after", Kerry went on a rant about supporting the UN. But then he turned right around, after the invasion and our military was having great success and co-sponsored a Senate resolution declaring the invasion lawful and authorized by Congress (Not Bush) and that he commended and supported the leadership of Bush in the conflict with Iraq.

    I realize the facts sting when you have bought hook, line and sinker a bogus line of crap. But when it comes to Kerry remember, liars lie. And he banks and people being stupid or having very short memories or just being ate up with liberalism.
    You're factually wrong. Over the years I've linked Kerry's speech many, many times. If j has any memory at all, he'll Remember it.

    As to Bush's cliam. Many believed Saddam had some left over wmds. He did, degrading and largely useless. Bush took t a step further and claimed Saddam was growing and gathering. This was not supported by actually evidence outside the doubted intel. Al Libi had been tortured, and gave intel the CIA said he couldn't know. Bush used it. And yes, the report us a political report by the administration and not the CIA. Chalibi betrayed us in the first gulf war and CIA knew him to be untrst worthy. Bush choose to use his intel. Warnings about Curveball proved quite true.

    And yes, the IG did find Fieth used intel Inappropriately. Anyone following ths should know this.

    So, you have not shown any of ths wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •