Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 353

Thread: Signs of declining economic security

  1. #321
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've read it, the all of the kit hen sink approach doesn't add up to invasion. And you last sentence does not say: we declare war on Iraq. At the end if the day, the final decision was left up to Bush, and Bush alone. He and he alone ad the final word.
    I'm going to pretend I'm a stupid liberal for just a minute and apply the silly illogic you have used repeatedly in this thread. You say it was all on Bush because Congress did not declare war on Iraq. Well, show me the document where Bush declared war on Iraq. That's right, he didn't declare war on anybody. However the Democrats and Republicans in Congress are entirely responsible for the military operations conducted in Iraq because they directed military action against Iraq begin because Iraq did not meet the requirements for peace as laid out in the "Authorization for use of Military Force Against Iraq resolution of 2002."

  2. #322
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    I'm going to pretend I'm a stupid liberal for just a minute and apply the silly illogic you have used repeatedly in this thread. You say it was all on Bush because Congress did not declare war on Iraq. Well, show me the document where Bush declared war on Iraq. That's right, he didn't declare war on anybody. However the Democrats and Republicans in Congress are entirely responsible for the military operations conducted in Iraq because they directed military action against Iraq begin because Iraq did not meet the requirements for peace as laid out in the "Authorization for use of Military Force Against Iraq resolution of 2002."
    No one declared war, which as I said is the problem. Instead, they said, "bush, you decide." And he did.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #323
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Meaning, you can't deny what I said concerning Kerry. All you really want to do is rant against liberals. That's small mind thinking, but have at it.
    I can't deny that you said anything about Kerry.

    What I have done is show you and every one that if what you say about Kerry is true in this regard, he lied as the "Authorization for use of Military Force Against Iraq resolution of 2002" listed a lot more reasons to go to war with Iraq than just UN resolutions. He voted for the entire package not just parts of it.

  4. #324
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Notice: heartland. You merely confirm what I said. Stupid is stupid no matter who says it btw.
    Founded: Heartland was founded in Chicago in 1984.

    Mission: Its mission is to discover, develop, and promote free-market solutions to social and economic problems.

    Staff: A full-time staff of 31, including 21 working in the Chicago office. Joseph Bast directs the Chicago office. Herbert Walberg is chairman of the board.

    Policy Advisors: Approximately 235 academics and professional economists participate in its peer-review process, and more than 160 elected officials serve on its Legislative Forum.

    Publications: Heartland sends five monthly public policy newspapers addressing the major domestic public policy issues to every national and state elected official in the U.S. plus 8,400 county and local officials and thousands of civic and business leaders. It also produces books, policy studies, and booklets.

    Communications: We appeared in print and on television or radio at least 1,004 times in 2012. More than 1.7 million people visited our Web sites that year. Our Facebook page registers nearly 57,000 fans and approximately 58,000 post views every week.

    Government Relations: Our government relations staff made nearly 1.1 million contacts with elected officials in 2012. Of those contacts, 23,539 were one-on-one in person, by phone, or by one-to-one emails.

    Survey Results: A telephone survey of randomly selected state and local elected officials conducted in 2011 found 79% of state legislators and 63% of local elected officials read at least one of our publications. 45% of state legislators say a Heartland publication changed their mind or led to a change in public policy.

    Funding: Approximately 5,300 supporters contribute to an annual budget of $6 million. Heartland does not accept government funding. Contributions are tax-deductible under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

    About | Heartland Institute

    Oh yeah...Evil, I tell ya.... Give it up Joe while your behind....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #325
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one declared war, which as I said is the problem. Instead, they said, "bush, you decide." And he did.
    Not if you take the "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 202" verbatim. they told him to.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    I can't deny that you said anything about Kerry.

    What I have done is show you and every one that if what you say about Kerry is true in this regard, he lied as the "Authorization for use of Military Force Against Iraq resolution of 2002" listed a lot more reasons to go to war with Iraq than just UN resolutions. He voted for the entire package not just parts of it.
    No, he clearly stated it did nit rise to the level to justify invading outside the UN.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh yeah...Evil, I tell ya.... Give it up Joe while your behind....
    Ever hear of the fallacy ad populum?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #328
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You basically attributed legitimacy to Nextextra's diatribe.
    Yeah, it was good. Yours as okay, too. They didn't contradict each other.

    The only major problem I've seen here with either of you is that you randomly assumed I believed things that I didn't. Don't do that.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #329
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, he clearly stated it did nit rise to the level to justify invading outside the UN.
    When did we cede our sovereignty to the UN? This is news!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #330
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, he clearly stated it did nit rise to the level to justify invading outside the UN.
    He said that really? Like you, he must not have read what he voted for in the "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002".

    BTW, the resolution congress passed belonged to them. They debated it, they wrote it, they voted for it. Now here's the definition of the word resolution from the free dictionary:
    "1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.

    2. A resolving to do something.

    3. A course of action determined or decided on.

    4. A formal statement of a decision or expression of opinion put before or adopted by an assembly such as the U.S. Congress."

    Everything in the resolution belonged to congress. Bush agreed with it. Notice how the definition doesn't fit with the BS tune you keep singing. Facts are facts.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •