Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 353

Thread: Signs of declining economic security

  1. #221
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Makes no difference. Tenet was in charge of the CIA. He saw a lot of intel from a lot of people. He made the call as people at the top are required to do. He presented the case to the president as cut and dried. It may be fair to say he overstated his case. But regardless Bush acted on, as all presidents do, what their department heads tell them. Now if you want to fault Bush for being dumb enough to keep anyone on board that Clinton appointed, you'd have a solid point to make.
    No he didn't. Bush made the call.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Nope. Bush couldn't do it without their approval. They gave it.
    Not approval. Merely passed the buck.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,218

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    He also inherited Iraq, Guantanemo, Afghanistan, the job loss due to MANY reason, etc.

    I like how you left those things out and Bush IS responsible for BOTH Iraq and Afghanistan as it was HIS choice for all of them as well as the spending and government increases. He also wasted time on flag burning amendments and anti-gay marriage amendments instead of focusing on the housing market as you claim. Sorry, but you cannot ignore those factors no matter how you want to spin everything on Clinton.

    Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama have been lousy presidents. At least I can admit that, you cannot fathom anything being Bush's fault.

    All Presidents inherit some mass drama or economic fallout from the prior administration.

    The constant blaming and lack of responsibility coming from this administration and those who support it is something that HASN'T happened. Not to this scale.

    Now I'll lay blame where it's appropriate but you haven't made the case with your generic Bush blame.

    We've ( me and other highly intelligent posters ) have already proven that the " WMD Lie " and " blood for oil " nonsense was a constructed false narrative with no factual basis.

    AND we've ( me and other highly intelligent posters ) proven that the recession Obama inherited was due to Democrat policies, executive orders and corruption in the 90's.

    You're rebut of what is basically just you saying " Nu-uuuhh" isn't enough to counter our facts.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Was this the change you liberal progressives were waiting for? Was this the plan? All this talk, and excuse making for a failed liberal agenda of bringing all boats down in the name of "fairness" is bull****! We are NOT better off with Obama in office! We are NOT recovering under his administration, because that was never the plan. We are in decline, ushered in, and sped up by this progressive trash in the WH for the purpose of bringing this country down, because he can't stand what our place in the world was.

    Don't agree with me? I couldn't care less! IF all you want to do is attack, then do us all a favor and don't post in this thread. If you want to discuss the conclusion of the AP report, then I am listening.
    Yes it was the plan.

    If we cant all be middle class, upper middle class or rich then we can all be poor. It's only "fair" right?

    What these progressives are doing is attempting to dictate the economy, hence the standard of living, hence the individual.

    Progressives are evil, they're nightmares, they're the monsters you see in horror movies - I'm not just saying that either - I don't even view them as humans.

    They should be used as lab rats for experimental drugs - oh yeah they are - they love that flu vaccine....

  5. #225
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    We've ( me and other highly intelligent posters ) have already proven that the " WMD Lie " and " blood for oil " nonsense was a constructed false narrative with no factual basis.
    Not really. Heck, you're not even close. Hindsight has shown that there was considerable action taken by members of the Bush Administration (VP Cheney, Scooter Libby for example) to make it much more likely than the facts indicated that Iraq had nuclear weapons. I'm not really interested in arguing their intentions for doing so, but time has shown we went into Iraq for non-existent weapons, and we did so because administration members manipulated the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    AND we've ( me and other highly intelligent posters ) proven that the recession Obama inherited was due to Democrat policies, executive orders and corruption in the 90's.
    First, no one political group created the situation that resulted in the Great Recession. The entire system allowed the free market to create the situation by removing key regulations. If you want to argue the fictitious point that because the Democrats controlled the Senate and the Presidency, they somehow overruled the Republican House to pass this regulation that was fought tooth by the GOP and therefore the Democrats are responsible, go right on ahead, but I'd advise against doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You're rebut of what is basically just you saying " Nu-uuuhh" isn't enough to counter our facts.
    I'm going to hold you to this when you respond to my post.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  6. #226
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes it was the plan.

    If we cant all be middle class, upper middle class or rich then we can all be poor. It's only "fair" right?

    What these progressives are doing is attempting to dictate the economy, hence the standard of living, hence the individual.

    Progressives are evil, they're nightmares, they're the monsters you see in horror movies - I'm not just saying that either - I don't even view them as humans.

    They should be used as lab rats for experimental drugs - oh yeah they are - they love that flu vaccine....
    Why would you even post this? You're clearly not interested in debating anything, and you're being stunningly hateful.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Why would you even post this? You're clearly not interested in debating anything, and you're being stunningly hateful.
    I have no desire to debate the obvious.......

    Why am I not surprised you just called me "hateful?" that's how progressives end every idea they have. "You just hate" - I don't "hate" I'm vigilant - I don't blindly trust because I'm educated and I have seen (and read about) societies that blindly trust and they ALL end badly..... The only reason WHY the United States has been so successful is because of our freedoms (Constitution/Bill of Rights) and progressives want to take those civil liberties away and replace them with a ****ing nanny state government(s) which have (if anyone has any education in history) have failed......

    Yes I HATE those who do not adhere to the Bill of Rights however, it runs deeper than that.

  8. #228
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I have no desire to debate the obvious.......

    Why am I not surprised you just called me "hateful?" that's how progressives end every idea they have. "You just hate" - I don't "hate" I'm vigilant - I don't blindly trust because I'm educated and I have seen (and read about) societies that blindly trust and they ALL end badly.....
    "I don't even view [progressives] as human." You literally said you that. That's hate. Unless you want to take that back because you got caught up in the moment or something, which is understandable, then you were/are being hateful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The only reason WHY the United States has been so successful is because of our freedoms (Constitution/Bill of Rights) and progressives want to take those civil liberties away and replace them with a ****ing nanny state government(s) which have (if anyone has any education in history) have failed......
    We've been successful because of our ability to adapt to change and very able leadership who, in several instances, over-rode the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

    I hope that you know the term "progressive" itself only means to seek improvement of the human condition by advances in technology, economic development, social organization, and science. Maybe you're talking about socialists, communists or some other group, but there are certainly progressives who aren't covered by your generalization of the ideology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes I HATE those who do not adhere to the Bill of Rights however, it runs deeper than that.
    Hate that runs that deep isn't something to be proud of Mr.Nick.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    "I don't even view [progressives] as human." You literally said you that. That's hate. Unless you want to take that back because you got caught up in the moment or something, which is understandable, then you were/are being hateful.
    Do I need to hate a bug if I step on it?

    I would have to care to hate.

    Have you not noticed I talk at progressives?

    Organisms with limited intelligence make the same mistakes continually over again..... Humans learn from their mistakes without excuse, much like a bug.

    I don't think much of bugs to even hate them....

    Then again being a bug or being a human is a choice if one actually has that choice.

    We've been successful because of our ability to adapt to change and very able leadership who, in several instances, over-rode the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
    Yes, a bug. Cockroaches have done the same for 750 million years - that's what bugs do - they survive off whatever is available - eat everything around them then turn to cannibalism until they nearly extinct themselves.

    Bugs have put other bugs in a position to feed other bugs and pander to other bugs.

    I hope that you know the term "progressive" itself only means to seek improvement of the human condition by advances in technology, economic development, social organization, and science. Maybe you're talking about socialists, communists or some other group, but there are certainly progressives who aren't covered by your generalization of the ideology.
    NO, that's not what progress "means" - that's what you and other progressives want the word to eventually mean through "progress."

    Your problem is "whole language." Too bad the queen bee doesn't want you to know that -- oh yeah because it keeps the queen bee from being devoured by the worker bees.


    Hate that runs that deep isn't something to be proud of Mr.Nick.
    Hate?

    Well when progressives they're entitled to other individuals property/wealth because the government doesn't steal more from some to just give them free money - yeah I call that HATE er cannibalism ....
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 08-02-13 at 12:27 AM.

  10. #230
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Was this the change you liberal progressives were waiting for? Was this the plan? All this talk, and excuse making for a failed liberal agenda of bringing all boats down in the name of "fairness" is bull****! We are NOT better off with Obama in office! We are NOT recovering under his administration, because that was never the plan. We are in decline, ushered in, and sped up by this progressive trash in the WH for the purpose of bringing this country down, because he can't stand what our place in the world was.

    Don't agree with me? I couldn't care less! IF all you want to do is attack, then do us all a favor and don't post in this thread. If you want to discuss the conclusion of the AP report, then I am listening.
    The problems are not in due to Obama, but is to a monetary system that we partake in. If I am existence only to master the material world and think about self-maximization at all costs, there is going to be some consequences. People can make more money if their product or service is tailored to other markets; so markets across the world become interconnected over time. With money, people have the power to gear regulations to benefit themselves, and once more money is obtained, is easier to accrue more wealth through financial instruments. Money itself, being the breathing blood of societies with a monetary system is means to control and manipulate a whole population. The issuance of debt, not only forces people into a life of labor but promotes the dependence upon money itself. This will result in the gap between the lower and upper class to increase. There is only so much money.

    If people were to actually learn about how the banking system works, rather than reading The Odyssey, people would realize how immoral and disgusting our system is. The very loans that you or I owe, is not the bank's money, but is rather their customers. Banks bet on the fact that not everybody is going to withdraw their money at one time, so only a fraction of their deposits can be stored as reserves. The remaining chunk of money, is then issued out to the people; it is the money that was deposited by the people. Not to mention, the balance sheets of all their customers are not affected with this transaction. So essentially, money is created out of thin air. That, plus interest on the loans they issue, are the banks' money. A fraction of that, needs to be paid to The Fed for the FDIC insurance. The rest of the bank's money, which includes their leverage, can be turned to financial instruments to accrue more wealth. The Fed, with all of those deposits from its satellite banks, repeats the process. Only a fraction of this money needs to be issued to other banks because only a fraction of the people are going to need withdrawals. Therefore, they issue loans, whereby more money is literally created out of thin air, but only this time in large quantities. This includes loans to the government, which is pretty much equal to our national deficit. If you take the deficit of the government owing The Fed, that debt is the overall money supply. The Fed also participates in financial instruments, (even creating new ones) as well as issuing loans to other various countries, putting those countries in debt. Here is my point.

    1.) Banks use their money to enact a life of oppression to the people.
    2.) All debts could be paid in full by the banking sector.

    Because the banks use a fractional reserve banking system, the literal cost of all the loans, or credit, is created by the banks. They could very easily use that money to pay themselves. But there are two prime reasons (and there is probably more) that they don't do this. They are:

    1.) Forcing people to have to work through the issuance of debt. What's the point of having all the money in the world if I have to make my sandwich at Subway? What about the driver of my taxi? Why would anyone want to clean after themselves if they own the world? The fathers of the banking system used the false assumption that individual gain is the secret to life and set to gain the most themselves.
    2.) Stagnation. I think that is the term. Currency would not increase or decrease in value, because money is neither being created nor taken out of the money supply. It would largely depend upon the rate of money circulation rather than physical supply. That doesn't work.

    Life doesn't have to be this way. There are ideas already present that could drastically improve how we live. There would be substantially less exploitation of both ourselves and the environment, and the lives of everybody would drastically increase. People could explore more of what makes them human, leading to a more fulfilling life, rather than working a 9-5 sorting out boxes, when we have the know how now to automate mostly anything. And no, it isn't socialism or communism. Just look for it, or think of a system by yourself.

    It is the system itself that is to blame. Not the president.
    Last edited by sookster; 08-02-13 at 01:29 AM.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •