Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 353

Thread: Signs of declining economic security

  1. #161
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    He also inherited Iraq, Guantanemo, Afghanistan, the job loss due to MANY reason, etc.

    I like how you left those things out and Bush IS responsible for BOTH Iraq and Afghanistan as it was HIS choice for all of them as well as the spending and government increases.
    Bush 43 got permission from Congress for Iraq and Afghanistan. For Iraq Senate Demokrats asked for a SECOND vote to send troops to battle... and got it. Then in their hour of need the Demokrats abandoned the troops for political expediency (just as was their vote to send the troops into battle). They just didn't abandon them, they two-fisted a bayonet in their backs. Treasonous pricks.

    As far as spending, Conservatives here were pissed by it. We don't like useless, corrupt, inefficient government programs that piss away billion upon billion. We want them cut, not grown.


    He also wasted time on flag burning amendments and anti-gay marriage amendments instead of focusing on the housing market as you claim. Sorry, but you cannot ignore those factors no matter how you want to spin everything on Clinton.
    There were hearings about Fannie and Freddie and the Demokrats went ballistic at the prediction (that eventually came true). Below is Cuomo predicting some loans will default, but they created a mountain that collapsed... because they thought banks were being racist. Well... it seems Cuomo and Clinton were tragically wrong.


    Republicans serving their warnings... and Demokrats... really "pissed off" by the regulator's report???


    Bush should never have bailed out the banks, and he shouldn't have spent money on socialist schemes. But he did a great job of protecting our country after 911. An honest guy... who was a 180 degree contrast to The Clinton Crime Family.
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-01-13 at 08:52 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #162
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ...Demokrats...
    It is juvenile **** like this why no one takes you seriously.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #163
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is juvenile **** like this why no one takes you seriously.
    Well, people not capable of thought don't. I'm sure about that.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

    "Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
    --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
    -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

    "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

    "There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

    "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

    "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

    "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

    "He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
    -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

    "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

    "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

    You've bought into the false narratives of the left. The entire Bush blame nonsense appeals to people just-like -you, and as long as the Democrats know people just - like - you exist, they know they can get away with these manufactured narratives.

    I guess you bought into the Halliburton BS too.......

    You DO KNOW that Halliburton's first NO BID CONTRACT was given to them by Clinton right ? Yep, during his Kosovo redirect.

    My point is sooner or later we're going to have to do something about all of the people in this Country who are so easily manipulated. You see where they've got us currently and I don't know if this Country cn absorb the mass stupidity of your typical Democrat for much longer.
    You guys hold on to something no matter often your error is pointed out to you . One more time, this comments are misleading. Some were made before Clinton's people declared the thread over, and other while arguing not to invade. Snopes handles this if you need to see it written again. The words are right, but the context is missing. That makes it misleading at best, and a lie at worse. As you use it here, it's a lie.

    No one voted to invade. They only allowed Bush to make the decision, cowardly as that was. The decision was Bush's and Bush's alone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #165
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is juvenile **** like this why no one takes you seriously.
    You should keep your vile personal attacks to yourself.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #166
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    N

    You guys hold on to something no matter often your error is pointed out to you . One more time, this comments are misleading. Some were made before Clinton's people declared the thread over, and other while arguing not to invade. Snopes handles this if you need to see it written again. The words are right, but the context is missing. That makes it misleading at best, and a lie at worse. As you use it here, it's a lie.

    No one voted to invade. They only allowed Bush to make the decision, cowardly as that was. The decision was Bush's and Bush's alone.
    LOL.

    Here we are again. Right back to being for something before they were against it. Their words prove them to be liars and cowards who left our troops hanging. When the going got tough, the liberals started doing what they do best and most often. Lying.

  7. #167
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    N

    You guys hold on to something no matter often your error is pointed out to you . One more time, this comments are misleading. Some were made before Clinton's people declared the thread over, and other while arguing not to invade. Snopes handles this if you need to see it written again. The words are right, but the context is missing. That makes it misleading at best, and a lie at worse. As you use it here, it's a lie.

    No one voted to invade. They only allowed Bush to make the decision, cowardly as that was. The decision was Bush's and Bush's alone.
    Well now there's accountability for you. Words matter, only if you are not a progressive.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #168
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You should keep your vile personal attacks to yourself.
    So you are saying it is not juvenile? If a liberal did something like that you would have been all over him. It is that selective outrage thing of yours going again...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well now there's accountability for you. Words matter, only if you are not a progressive.
    I would have not left one standing. I'd vote them all out of office. But for what they did, and not the lie. They shirked their responsibility. Bush sent people to war needlessly.

    But the point about the quotes is they are out of context. Why is it so hard to understand that when and why matters? You can misrepresent anyone's intent by being too selective in what you cut out. Again, snopes explains this well concerning these quotes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

    "Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
    --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
    -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

    "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

    "There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
    Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

    "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

    "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

    "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

    "He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
    -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

    "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

    "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

    It would appear that all of the " BS orchestration " came from the left...
    Sure; if viewing through biased lenses and ignoring entirely who chose to go to war, and not merely saber-rattled, then ALL OF IT CAME FROM THE LEFTIES!!! EVERY LAST MODICUM OF IT!!!

    That's the ticket!

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •