Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 353

Thread: Signs of declining economic security

  1. #101
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Corrected it for you.
    Actually no. Some parts of some countries have massive accountability and lots of transparency.. for example the Scandinavian countries. Politicians would rarely get away with the crap that goes on in some countries. Now see I said "rarely" because it does happen.. but not on the same scale. It comes down to checks and balances in the political system.. so that no one man or small minority group can have too much influence over policy and money.
    PeteEU

  2. #102
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ah yes, and Bush ran rosey budgets
    right? Gimme a break.



    And you do?



    No, I have facts. Facts that you hate because you worhipped Bush and the right. Fact is, you think your side is the solution and YOU are part of the problem along with the Dems and Reps.

    Bush spent a bunch sure, but what he spent pales in comparison to Obama's 7 TRILLION tab.....for nothing.

    And yes I CAN critque posters who buy into the Generic Bush Hate, much of which is unfounded and baseless.

    Ive already educated a few Liberals on the TRUE CAUSE of the Sub-Prime Collapse and reminded them of Bush's perennieal efforts to regulate a massively corrupt Fannie and Freddie ( run by Democrat Criminals.....into the ground ).

    Are you saying you need to be reminded of who was ultimately responsible for pushing for the lowering of 100 year old standards based on false pretenses ?

    Hey maybe YOU can answer this question since everyone I've asked prior just ignores it.

    IF there was ACTUAL " discrimination", that is people being refused mortgages based on the color of their skin alone, WHY did they have to lower lending standards to combat it ?

    And your statements that " Bush was just as bad " ( TOTAL Bull Sh** ) and GOP voters are as dumb as Obama voters ( there is no one dumber than a Obama voter ) are technically OPINIONS....not facts.

  3. #103
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Bush spent a bunch sure, but what he spent pales in comparison to Obama's 7 TRILLION tab.....for nothing.

    And yes I CAN critque posters who buy into the Generic Bush Hate, much of which is unfounded and baseless.

    Ive already educated a few Liberals on the TRUE CAUSE of the Sub-Prime Collapse and reminded them of Bush's perennieal efforts to regulate a massively corrupt Fannie and Freddie ( run by Democrat Criminals.....into the ground ).

    Are you saying you need to be reminded of who was ultimately responsible for pushing for the lowering of 100 year old standards based on false pretenses ?

    Hey maybe YOU can answer this question since everyone I've asked prior just ignores it.

    IF there was ACTUAL " discrimination", that is people being refused mortgages based on the color of their skin alone, WHY did they have to lower lending standards to combat it ?

    And your statements that " Bush was just as bad " ( TOTAL Bull Sh** ) and GOP voters are as dumb as Obama voters ( there is no one dumber than a Obama voter ) are technically OPINIONS....not facts.
    The great Bush 'deregulation' myth :: Jeff Jacoby

    The law causing the problem was signed by Clinton.

    Bill Clinton’s deregulation myth

    Another 'Deregulation' Myth - WSJ.com


    The Myth of Financial Deregulation - Reason.com
    http://www.aei.org/files/2009/05/06/...under-Bush.pdf
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Nice links, I'll add them to my drop box account.

    What so desperately pathetic about the False Narrative that Bush caused the Sub-Prime Collapse is it was being pushed as a way to justify Obama's failure.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  5. #105
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There is no Bush hatred in my comments, only facts. Under Bush the economy got worse than when Clinton was president. Just as with Obama, the economy has gotten worse than Bush. I've criticzed Obama plenty.

    The average "Obama" voter is no different than the average "GOP" voter. Both sides think "their" guys are the solution. They aren't, they are the problem.

    I think as adults, with a wealth of information at our fingertips, that we can be very specific with respect to each presidents accomplishments and failures.

    The collapse of the Sub-Prime housing market happened on Bush's watch, but wasn't Bush's fault and I've posted page after page after page of evidence to prove that assertion.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #106
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Nice links, I'll add them to my drop box account.

    What so desperately pathetic about the False Narrative that Bush caused the Sub-Prime Collapse is it was being pushed as a way to justify Obama's failure.
    Jimmy Carter started it all.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #107
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I think as adults, with a wealth of information at our fingertips, that we can be very specific with respect to each presidents accomplishments and failures.

    The collapse of the Sub-Prime housing market happened on Bush's watch, but wasn't Bush's fault and I've posted page after page after page of evidence to prove that assertion.
    Don't worry, the Dems will carve "It's Bush's fault." on his tombstone.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Was this the change you liberal progressives were waiting for? Was this the plan? All this talk, and excuse making for a failed liberal agenda of bringing all boats down in the name of "fairness" is bull****! We are NOT better off with Obama in office! We are NOT recovering under his administration, because that was never the plan. We are in decline, ushered in, and sped up by this progressive trash in the WH for the purpose of bringing this country down, because he can't stand what our place in the world was.

    Don't agree with me? I couldn't care less! IF all you want to do is attack, then do us all a favor and don't post in this thread. If you want to discuss the conclusion of the AP report, then I am listening.
    Come now, j-mac. The economy was in free-fall before Obama took office. Everyone knows this even if they're unwilling to admit it. Moreover, at each turn where the President has put forward ways to spur economic growth, the Republican opposition has done everything within its power to thwart his efforts. Look at what members of the GOP are proposed even now in advance of debt limit talks. In an effort to defund ObamaCare, they'd once again threaten to shutdown the government. You already have sequestration affecting communities all across the country. Now, they want to once again add a temporary layoff of federal employees back into the mix? And that's just the obvious aspect most people recognize comes with a gov't shutdown. I won't even try to outline other issues that would arise from this foolishness if the GOP get their way....again.

    Gov. Bobby Jindal, "Republicans...just stop being stupid."
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #109
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Causes are still causes, but comments like "that's capitalism for you" implies that such causes are the root problem, rather then the problems merely being a temporary side effect.

    Not to mention, his analysis is only sufficient in its incompleteness. His examples and support lack context and seem to imply a static trend without any consideration for changing circumstances. For instance, he mentions about how cheap overseas labor has undermined the American worker. A fair point, except instead of expanding on it, he merely accepts this as a final, static conclusion. It does not seem to occur to him to take into consideration that wages are rising quite rapidly in many of these low income nations. The best evidence for this is in the explosion of the population of the global middle class, which is set to reach just a hair under 5 billion people by 2030, a 272% increase. As the world becomes increasingly wealthier, the supply of cheap labor begins to shrink to the point where jobs in the US, with its technological advantage and an abundance of cheap domestic gas, will become increasingly competitive. Evidence of this is already emerging if one just opens up his/her horizons a bit. Point is, he is taking a 2D view in a 3D world.
    Maybe. But the fact is, it is an analysis as opposed to more of the same nonsense. I think that should be encouraged.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Signs of declining economic security

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Since when was hyperbole not hyperbole? There are plenty of policy issues that many conservatives disagree with Obama about. I don't understand why people act as if you could never disagree with the guy or his policies.
    That right there is a strawman. No one said someone couldn't disagree with him. Good honest disagreement is encouraged by me. Birther nonsense. Marxist socialist communist atheist Muslim terrorist ****. And all the other truly stupid idiocy is something else altogether.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •