Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 133

Thread: White House-No more Spending Cuts

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The CBO is non partisan but does take what the Congress gives them and then provides the analysis. What makes the CBO more accurate than any other independent source that doesn't use Congressional data and assumptions? Did you read the Forbes Article? What in that article is false and is Medicare Part D the albatross that liberals claim or is this just another liberal diversion from their own failures?
    No. I do not read it since a once great journal is now a rag since Malcolm Forbes' idiot child runs it.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    No. I do not read it since a once great journal is now a rag since Malcolm Forbes' idiot child runs it.
    I see but you do read leftwing blogs that fill your head with misinformation and brainwashing. That apparently is ok. Suggest you read the article and tell me what is a lie rather than discounting the article because of the source. The source never is the issue the data presented it.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I see but you do read leftwing blogs that fill your head with misinformation and brainwashing. That apparently is ok. Suggest you read the article and tell me what is a lie rather than discounting the article because of the source. The source never is the issue the data presented it.
    Nope; I am as averse to biased and cherry-picked data which is parsed in a way so as to utterly distort the facts, whether Conservative or Liberal. In fact, I've not only never quoted or linked to a Left Wing Blog, you'd be hard pressed to google a single sentence of what I've written anywhere on this site and see it's parroted on a left wing blog.

    But it's a benefit of being informed: you can write about stuff and not have to copy-paste.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Nope; I am as averse to biased and cherry-picked data which is parsed in a way so as to utterly distort the facts, whether Conservative or Liberal. In fact, I've not only never quoted or linked to a Left Wing Blog, you'd be hard pressed to google a single sentence of what I've written anywhere on this site and see it's parroted on a left wing blog.

    But it's a benefit of being informed: you can write about stuff and not have to copy-paste.
    Apparently that allows to you ignore actual data as well. You say you want specific data but then when given the data you ignore it. How convenient and you claim to be informed? I have seen no example of you being informed especially when it comes to data and actual results.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently that allows to you ignore actual data as well. You say you want specific data but then when given the data you ignore it. How convenient and you claim to be informed? I have seen no example of you being informed especially when it comes to data and actual results.
    Sure, if the article has actual data and not data that's been parsed in service of Stevie's priority numero uno: be a supply-side apologist and defend everything his beloved GOP does.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Sure, if the article has actual data and not data that's been parsed in service of Stevie's priority numero uno: be a supply-side apologist and defend everything his beloved GOP does.
    How would you know since you never read it?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    For example, Connie, this bit of fiction:

    "The competitive forces built into Part D have kept costs down." Patent lie. The law specifically eliminates competitive forces with a provision that bars Medicare from bidding for lower cost meds, as most other countries can and do, thus paying lower prices for prescriptions.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How would you know since you never read it?
    One way comes to mind: you b-slap me by pointing to actual data within the article.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    For example, Connie, this bit of fiction:

    "The competitive forces built into Part D have kept costs down." Patent lie. The law specifically eliminates competitive forces with a provision that bars Medicare from bidding for lower cost meds, as most other countries can and do, thus paying lower prices for prescriptions.
    Really, have you ever looked at the actual expenditures in the budget to verify what you are being told? Tell me this information is false as well and support it by posting Treasury data? I do understand the willingness of someone "very liberal" to not want to read anything that might contradict your brainwashing

    The competitive forces built into Part D have kept costs down. At an average of just $38 a month, premiums are 27 percent below where the government expected them to be. They’ve been essentially flat since 2009, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

    Low premium costs, in turn, mean less taxpayer money for subsidies. In fact, Part D costs are 40 percent below where the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) initially predicted. Over the past six years, the CBO has lowered its long-term cost projections for Part D by hundreds of billions of dollars.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really, have you ever looked at the actual expenditures in the budget to verify what you are being told? Tell me this information is false as well and support it by posting Treasury data? I do understand the willingness of someone "very liberal" to not want to read anything that might contradict your brainwashing
    "The competitive forces built into Part D have kept costs down." What competitive forces? Name one aspect of the law that creates more competition. I've already cited where it specifically eliminates the key competitive component every other nation uses: leverage it's buying power to get lower prices.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •