Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 133

Thread: White House-No more Spending Cuts

  1. #51
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,320

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    It's probably more like GOPers refuse to
    get rid of $3.77 trillion dollars in offense spending and/or corporate subsidies.
    What corporate "subsidies " ?

    Point to the specific outlays in the budget that prove Corporations are recieving subsidies

  2. #52
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Correct; and of course, devoid of specifics.
    What specifics do you want or is it just your attempt to further divert from the thread topic? Did Obama submit a 3.77 trillion dollar budget? Is that specific enough for you or do you want the line items that addresses and if so why? Isn't it specific enough for you that Obama has yet to have anything less than a trillion dollar deficit? Seems being very liberal means nothing but diversion from reality.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    What corporate "subsidies " ?

    Point to the specific outlays in the budget that prove Corporations are recieving subsidies
    Let' see a liberal answer that question and of course being a conservative and wanting to really provide some help to the individual here are the line items in the budget for both revenue and expenses. Don't see corporate subsidies anywhere but maybe I am not looking hard enough.

    Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What specifics do you want or is it just your attempt to further divert from the thread topic? Did Obama submit a 3.77 trillion dollar budget? Is that specific enough for you or do you want the line items that addresses and if so why? Isn't it specific enough for you that Obama has yet to have anything less than a trillion dollar deficit? Seems being very liberal means nothing but diversion from reality.
    Posing a question is not diverting; dodging them is.

    Meanwhile, no. The Executive does not submit a budget, per se. It submits a budget request, or if will: a request for spending authorizations to fund priorities, which can be a range of things, not limited to, but very-much inclusive of stuff urged by former Admins and known to be widely supported in Congress -- and thus must be considered within the context of stuff that has to be paid for.

    For example:

    Bush urged passage of Medicare Part D, a gift to Big Pharma and widely considered one of the worst bills, fiscally, in US history. But it's now there, and must be paid for, and wishing the Boehner Congress to repeal a whopper gift to one of their more beloved special interests is folly. So it's gotta be funded, like it or not.

    Bush Admin overnight, nearly, knee-jerk reaction to 9/11, Home Land Security, the boondoggle to end all boondoggles, whose new HQ will surpass the Pentagon in size. It's far more than we need, but we have it. Also, we have the fear by presidents and the Lege that cutting it is political suicide if some attack were to follow soon after. So once again, like it or not, it's gotta be in there since it's a cost that's not going anywhere.

    So one should ask, if they hate new spending programs, who created what? Who's the real culprit in creating a larger government and the need for more revenue to cover it?

    Shall we parse? You know, drill it down to the actual specifics?

  5. #55
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Posing a question is not diverting; dodging them is.

    Meanwhile, no. The Executive does not submit a budget, per se. It submits a budget request, or if will: a request for spending authorizations to fund priorities, which can be a range of things, not limited to, but very-much inclusive of stuff urged by former Admins and known to be widely supported in Congress -- and thus must be considered within the context of stuff that has to be paid for.

    For example:

    Bush urged passage of Medicare Part D, a gift to Big Pharma and widely considered one of the worst bills, fiscally, in US history. But it's now there, and must be paid for, and wishing the Boehner Congress to repeal a whopper gift to one of their more beloved special interests is folly. So it's gotta be funded, like it or not.

    Bush Admin overnight, nearly, knee-jerk reaction to 9/11, Home Land Security, the boondoggle to end all boondoggles, whose new HQ will surpass the Pentagon in size. It's far more than we need, but we have it. Also, we have the fear by presidents and the Lege that cutting it is political suicide if some attack were to follow soon after. So once again, like it or not, it's gotta be in there since it's a cost that's not going anywhere.

    So one should ask, if they hate new spending programs, who created what? Who's the real culprit in creating a larger government and the need for more revenue to cover it?

    Shall we parse? You know, drill it down to the actual specifics?
    Aw, yes, another attempt to divert to Bush and away from the Obama record. Apparently because Bush did it that gave Obama the authority to put Bush spending on steroids? What is it about people like you who cannot remain on topic and hold your own accountable for failures.

    You want to play a semantic game, what is the difference between a budget and a budget request. You telling me that Obama didn't submit a 3.77 trillion dollar budget for approval? All budgets come in the form of a request but that doesn't make it any less of a budget.

    I have given you specifics in previous posts as to what I would cut and I am sure someone as intelligent as you could do the same thing by actually looking at the budget but rather than cut you would reward bad behavior by increasing taxes which will do nothing to put 21 plus million Americans back to work full time.

    Now you can continue to blame Bush until hell freezes over but that won't change the reality that Obama has done nothing to reduce what you call waste in the Federal Govt and in fact has promoted more in the form of Obamacare. It is a fact that Obama has added more debt in less than 5 years than any other President in history and is on target to surpass all other Presidents in terms of debt created. Parse that reality.

  6. #56
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, the specifics are Obama has added over 6.2 trillion dollars to the debt in less than 5 years and has no interest in cutting spending to address the problem. Even with that govt. spending and failure to put people back to work the GDP growth this year may even be in contraction showing that govt. spending isn't the answer, private sector growth is and Obama will never focus on that.
    I suppose it's not possible for him to do so, since he never ran a business and doesn't understand what's involved, but what about the plethora of czars making big bucks working with him? Is there no one in this administration that has the knowledge that he lacks, or are they in the positions they are in because they agree with his thinking? I suspect the latter, which explains a lot about what is going on in DC. Lucy and Ethel appear to be in charge in DC, but they were in a comedy series! DC thinking has become very Non Funny, IMO! Maybe a Pawn Stars type show will become the norm here now?

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, yes, another attempt to divert to Bush and away from the Obama record. Apparently because Bush did it that gave Obama the authority to put Bush spending on steroids? What is it about people like you who cannot remain on topic and hold your own accountable for failures.

    You want to play a semantic game, what is the difference between a budget and a budget request. You telling me that Obama didn't submit a 3.77 trillion dollar budget for approval? All budgets come in the form of a request but that doesn't make it any less of a budget.

    I have given you specifics in previous posts as to what I would cut and I am sure someone as intelligent as you could do the same thing by actually looking at the budget but rather than cut you would reward bad behavior by increasing taxes which will do nothing to put 21 plus million Americans back to work full time.

    Now you can continue to blame Bush until hell freezes over but that won't change the reality that Obama has done nothing to reduce what you call waste in the Federal Govt and in fact has promoted more in the form of Obamacare. It is a fact that Obama has added more debt in less than 5 years than any other President in history and is on target to surpass all other Presidents in terms of debt created. Parse that reality.
    Yes; I still blame Bush for creating the boondoggles he did. Imagine that. Moreover, I still blame the Roman Catholic Church for the Inquisitions.

    And hold onto your hat, Connie ... I still blame al Qaeda for the 9/11 attacks!!!

    (tip: time does not remove culpability for stuff done in the past)

  8. #58
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Yes; I still blame Bush for creating the boondoggles he did. Imagine that. Moreover, I still blame the Roman Catholic Church for the Inquisitions.

    And hold onto your hat, Connie ... I still blame al Qaeda for the 9/11 attacks!!!

    (tip: time does not remove culpability for stuff done in the past)
    Then you ignore the responsibilities of leadership which are to play the hand you are dealt. As someone who professes to be "very liberal" I am sure that you voted for Obama to correct those problems of that evil Bush but rather than correct the problems he has made them worse. His specific record is there for all to see and the topic of this thread is no more spending cuts as if Obama every proposed any in the first place

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    And what is the reality that we are refusing to accept?
    We're broke

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: White House-No more Spending Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then you ignore the responsibilities of leadership which are to play the hand you are dealt. As someone who professes to be "very liberal" I am sure that you voted for Obama to correct those problems of that evil Bush but rather than correct the problems he has made them worse. His specific record is there for all to see and the topic of this thread is no more spending cuts as if Obama every proposed any in the first place
    Will Congress defund HLS or Medicare Part D? If not, who is responsible for them?

    And as an aside, blaming Obama solely for programs created before him, which cannot be defunded given the political realities today, is like blaming Pope Francis for the Spanish Inquisition and not the Archbishop of Seville.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •