Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 168

Thread: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

  1. #101
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    How much more stuff like this is waiting to come out ?
    Depends on how focused Americans become on the real news like scandals, and failures of Obama's inept Presidency....If people want more of that then the sycophant media will manufacture other outrages for distraction purposes...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #102
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Paula Dean cooks food.

    It amazes me how relative nobodies are turned into heads of state among the lowest common denominator types.

  3. #103
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Depends on how focused Americans become on the real news like scandals, and failures of Obama's inept Presidency....If people want more of that then the sycophant media will manufacture other outrages for distraction purposes...



    As long as it attracts viewers, I guarantee you that we see and hear a lot more about this story

  4. #104
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Paula Dean cooks food.




    It amazes me how relative nobodies are turned into heads of state among the lowest common denominator types.



    And millions of people watch her and others cook, play pool, fish, build things, and do other things that they could be doing themselves if all of their get up and go hadn't got up and left.

  5. #105
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I never said that need was "simple desire."
    If the "news" does not affect someone, then they do not need to know about it, they simply desire to know about it.


    Semantics.
    I'm glad you have realized that a discussion about the meaning of words is semantics. You initiated said discussion, though, so I don't know why you appear to think that it is bad simply because it is semantics.

    The bottom line is that you argued that your standard for "meaningful" news was objective.
    No, I have argued that my subjective standard for what constitutes meaningful news is objectively derived.

    However, you admitted that your standard was subjective after I pressed you. You keep dodging your initial mistake with your semantic beef, but the mistake is still there.
    My standard is subjective, as it is a personal standard, but it is still objectively derived. It is objectively derived because the premises I utilize are not dependent upon my own opinion, but instead something which is objectively determined outside of the self.

    It has everything to do with your point. You said that those stories were not "real news" - those were your exact words. The issue, however, is that they are, in fact, "real news" according to the definition of "news". That's just a "no true scotsman" fallacy.
    I have explained what my determination for "real news" was, and how that does not match with the general definition of "news". Someone can disagree and correctly point out that I am, in some ways, engaging in the no true scotsman fallacy by arbitrarily defining "real news" as news that actually affects the people who receive the news, when I could have avoided such a fallacy by clearly indicating that I consider news to be the information which people NEED to know, and that if it is nothing more than information that they simply desire knowledge of, it should not be considered news, but rather entertainment. Of course, I assumed that the reader would be able to connect those dots on their own based on the same reason and logic that I have employed for my objectively derived subjective standard for determining what is or is not meaningful, but that was my error.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #106
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    until you liberals make Alec Baldwin pay the same price for his Homophobic violent threats i don't want to hear a freaken dam thing about Paula Deen come out your hypocrite mouth

    My what a hero he is,

    Bwaahaahaa!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  7. #107
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    So, has this accusation been established as being true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #108
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG, who the hell cares? This is nothing but mindless diversion from the real problems.
    Kinda like the Zimmerman trial?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Isn't Aunt Jemima a pancake mix? Is it a racist pancake mix? I bet black people use it.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #110
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG, who the hell cares? This is nothing but mindless diversion from the real problems.
    You are posting, so you do!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •