Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 168

Thread: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why would you need to know something that didn't directly affect you? Want to know, sure, but you wouldn't need to know it.
    NEED

    1. A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted: crops in need of water; a need for affection.
    2. Something required or wanted; a requisite: "Those of us who led the charge for these women's issues ... shared a common vision in the needs of women" (Olympia Snowe).
    3. Necessity; obligation: There is no need for you to go.
    4. A condition of poverty or misfortune: The family is in dire need.

    need: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

    That one is totally inaccurate. How one subjectively defines what is "Meaningful" can be based on reason and logic, rather than just personal preference.
    The personal preference is the result of your use of reason and logic. Moreover, it is a fact that you prefer your conception of "meaningful" over others. Even further, even if it was just reason and logic without preference as you contend, you've admitted above that your idea of "meaningful" is subjective and not objective as you originally argued. Since that was the point of contention that got us here, you've inadvertently submitted. While I would appreciate a more explicit "I was wrong and you were right," I'll take this.

    Oh and please answer #2. Accurate or inaccurate?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    2. The Hernandez and Zimmerman stories meet the definition of "news" thereby making them objectively "real news".

  2. #92
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    NEED

    1. A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted: crops in need of water; a need for affection.
    2. Something required or wanted; a requisite: "Those of us who led the charge for these women's issues ... shared a common vision in the needs of women" (Olympia Snowe).
    3. Necessity; obligation: There is no need for you to go.
    4. A condition of poverty or misfortune: The family is in dire need.

    need: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com
    As those definitions show, need is more than simple desire.


    The personal preference is the result of your use of reason and logic.
    No, the personal conclusion is the result of my use of logic and reason. My preference is still for random blowies.

    Oh and please answer #2. Accurate or inaccurate?
    Why would I respond to something that has nothing to do with my point? My point is about important news, not the most general definition of news possible. Kim Kardashian's baby meets the definition of News, it doesn't change the fact that it's meaningless entertainment rather than something of worth and substance.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    As those definitions show, need is more than simple desire.
    I never said that need was "simple desire."

    No, the personal conclusion is the result of my use of logic and reason. My preference is still for random blowies.
    Semantics.

    The bottom line is that you argued that your standard for "meaningful" news was objective. However, you admitted that your standard was subjective after I pressed you. You keep dodging your initial mistake with your semantic beef, but the mistake is still there.

    Why would I respond to something that has nothing to do with my point? My point is about important news, not the most general definition of news possible. Kim Kardashian's baby meets the definition of News, it doesn't change the fact that it's meaningless entertainment rather than something of worth and substance.
    It has everything to do with your point. You said that those stories were not "real news" - those were your exact words. The issue, however, is that they are, in fact, "real news" according to the definition of "news". That's just a "no true scotsman" fallacy.

  4. #94
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Zyphlin: 6,300 word essay.
    Lol at this..


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #95
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Odds that Chick-fil-A hires her to come up with a "signature recipe?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    03-12-14 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    143

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Oh no - my mom sent away when I was a kid and got me an Aunt Jemima cast iron coin bank - does that mean I'm a racist?

    Attachment 67150947
    Yes, you are a racist.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    03-12-14 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    143

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Paula Deen allegedly farted once in an elevator.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    03-12-14 @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    143

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Paula Deen allegedly spanked one of her children once. Child abusing bitch!

  9. #99
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Odds that Chick-fil-A hires her to come up with a "signature recipe?"



    My guess is that's not going to happen.

    I have never watched any of her shows or eaten in any of her restaurants, But I do love Southern food (My fathers family is from the Nashville, Tennessee area and I lived in the South half of my life. But she (From what little I know about her), appears to be a great Southern cook who has stepped in it up to her eyebrows.

    I don't wish the lady any bad luck, but it looks to me like she has a serious problem, which she can only blame herself for. And it might get worse before it gets better.

    How much more stuff like this: Paula Deen’s Cook Alleges Racism, Slurs by Celebrity Chef - ABC News, is waiting to come out ?

  10. #100
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Allegedly Asked Black Staffers to Dress Like Aunt Jemima

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosteve View Post
    Paula Deen allegedly spanked one of her children once.
    Child abusing bitch!



    All kidding aside, I actually find that a lot worse than the other allegations against her.

    Why would anyone, who probably would never strike another adult, think that it is okay for them to physically abuse their own children?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •