Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Why is it pathetic? The world would be a better place without rampant pornography. I read somewhere the average age of first exposure to porn nowadays is ELEVEN.

    In no way is that healthy, normal, or good.
    We are the only animal that wears clothing, keeps our kids from seeing sex, and seem to be the only one who thinks it is a dirty and immoral act despite it being completely necessary for the survival of the species presently. What is the problem with it? I am pretty sure sex is healthy, normal, and good. I would actually say there is a pretty good case those who have hangups about it and consider it dirty and wrong are suffering from a sort of psychological disease spread by the moral police.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    We are the only animal that wears clothing, keeps our kids from seeing sex, and seem to be the only one who thinks it is a dirty and immoral act despite it being completely necessary for the survival of the species presently. What is the problem with it? I am pretty sure sex is healthy, normal, and good. I would actually say there is a pretty good case those who have hangups about it and consider it dirty and wrong are suffering from a sort of psychological disease spread by the moral police.
    So you want to be like the animals? Good for you, have fun running around naked and sniffing your own poop.

    Most humans aspire to something higher than that. We do a lot of things animals don't - invent complex tools, further our understanding of the world, and aspire to help others.

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    The English speaking peoples are all essentially prudes........................
    How about Muslims, do they all speak English?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    We are the only animal that wears clothing, keeps our kids from seeing sex, and seem to be the only one who thinks it is a dirty and immoral act despite it being completely necessary for the survival of the species presently. What is the problem with it? I am pretty sure sex is healthy, normal, and good. I would actually say there is a pretty good case those who have hangups about it and consider it dirty and wrong are suffering from a sort of psychological disease spread by the moral police.
    We're the only animal with the mental capacity to take something and pervert it. Have you ever seen an animal videotape their sex? Your example is as stupid as it gets. Is sex normal, of course.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    So you want to be like the animals? Good for you, have fun running around naked and sniffing your own poop.

    Most humans aspire to something higher than that. We do a lot of things animals don't - invent complex tools, further our understanding of the world, and aspire to help others.
    You still have not told us why having sex is not normal, healthy, or good. You can try to make up fallicious arguments, but the reality is that sex is very normal, in fact your parents even had it once that we know of. Pretty much most people here today are here because of sex. It is a perfectly healthy biological function of the human body. It is actually something our bodies do and it serves a purpose for us. As for being a bad thing i guess your parents having you is something you consider bad because you consider the act that got you here bad. Your argument makes no sense at all because you cannot tell us how the act of sex or even nudity is bad, unhealthy, or even abnormal. You aspire to be above an animal, but in this case the animals are above you. They can do these things without mental hangups and other psychological problems due to what is basically brainwashing. They do not freak out over the natural state of nakedness. They do not have a breakdown because some of them mate, yet for some reason with all this advancement in the human race we have members who cannot seem to deal with a perfectly natural biological function without losing their minds.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    We're the only animal with the mental capacity to take something and pervert it. Have you ever seen an animal videotape their sex? Your example is as stupid as it gets. Is sex normal, of course.
    What is actually wrong with videotaping sex? I am not talking about using it to cause harm to someone, but the actual act of videotaping it, and i guess you could go on to tell us what is actually wrong with consensual marketing of that recording.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Why is it pathetic? The world would be a better place without rampant pornography. I read somewhere the average age of first exposure to porn nowadays is ELEVEN.

    In no way is that healthy, normal, or good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    So you want to be like the animals? Good for you, have fun running around naked and sniffing your own poop.

    Most humans aspire to something higher than that. We do a lot of things animals don't - invent complex tools, further our understanding of the world, and aspire to help others.
    Are you saying that we aspire to be more than animals but we can't handle the human form and be exposed to natural human acts at a young age? Isn't that actually saying we are less than other animals considering the young of every species except ours are exposed to the naked form of their parents and natural acts from the beginning? So basically our children are weak minded and must be sheltered or else they won't be healthy, but every other species can do what they naturally would do and their young are as healthy as they would otherwise be. Isn't that a really weird argument? If we are so much better than any other animals why is it that our young can't handle the natural form or natural acts?

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,751

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How about Muslims, do they all speak English?
    He didn't say they were the only prudes on the planet.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    I didn't say sex wasn't healthy, normal or good. Your entire post is a ****ing strawman.

    What I did say is porn isn't healthy, normal, or good. It leads to unrealistic expectations and strained relationships.

    Porn is not sex, it's a substitute for the real thing... And a poor one at that. Not that you would know.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You still have not told us why having sex is not normal, healthy, or good. You can try to make up fallicious arguments, but the reality is that sex is very normal, in fact your parents even had it once that we know of. Pretty much most people here today are here because of sex. It is a perfectly healthy biological function of the human body. It is actually something our bodies do and it serves a purpose for us. As for being a bad thing i guess your parents having you is something you consider bad because you consider the act that got you here bad. Your argument makes no sense at all because you cannot tell us how the act of sex or even nudity is bad, unhealthy, or even abnormal. You aspire to be above an animal, but in this case the animals are above you. They can do these things without mental hangups and other psychological problems due to what is basically brainwashing. They do not freak out over the natural state of nakedness. They do not have a breakdown because some of them mate, yet for some reason with all this advancement in the human race we have members who cannot seem to deal with a perfectly natural biological function without losing their minds.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: UK wants to restrict access to online porn

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Are you saying that we aspire to be more than animals but we can't handle the human form and be exposed to natural human acts at a young age? Isn't that actually saying we are less than other animals considering the young of every species except ours are exposed to the naked form of their parents and natural acts from the beginning? So basically our children are weak minded and must be sheltered or else they won't be healthy, but every other species can do what they naturally would do and their young are as healthy as they would otherwise be. Isn't that a really weird argument? If we are so much better than any other animals why is it that our young can't handle the natural form or natural acts?
    Your logic, we might as well **** and piss in public too. Hang around any good fire hydrants lately?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •