The context was terrorism in Iraq. Apparently it was for nothing since terrorism is greater now than in 2003 in Iraq.....and worse still....there was no organized AQ elements operating in Iraq prior to the US's illegal invasion.
Please explain how if I say that one of my projects failed, came to naught, that means that I had no other projects ongoing. I look forward to your response.
I may be wrong.
"Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?
1. Fake WMD program
3. Intentional starvation of hundreds of thousands of children
3. Institutionalized rape
4. Government sanctioned and wide spread torture of political opponents
6. Invading neighbors
7. Firing on UN mandated aircraft enforcing a no-fly to prevent genocide
8. Violations of UNSCRs
10. Annihilation of social capital
And now, instead:
1. Fledgling democracy
2. Human rights, at least in law if not thoroughly enforced yet
3. Foreign aid
4. UN development projects
5. Other development projects
6. Foreign business contracts
7. A future
There are many other things that were put to an end, and many other things that have changed for the positive, but I think that illustrates some of the big and obvious stuff.