Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 152

Thread: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

  1. #141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    In my opinion, you have the right to kick his arse... and if I'm on the jury, you will not be convicted.
    Apparently perfectly legal. Should anyone just be allowed to kick his ass?

    "Artist took photos of people in their luxury residential building from his apartment.

    People living in a glass house are throwing verbal stones at a photographer and the exhibition he shot through the windows of their upscale Manhattan apartment complex.

    Arne Svenson used a telephoto lense to take the pictures from his own apartment window across the street from the upscale Zinc Building in the city's tony Tribeca section. One photo prominently displays the backside of a woman on all fours apparently picking something up from her floor; another shows someone napping."


    New Yorkers furious over photos taken through windows
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  2. #142
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The sky isn't your property. You do not get to shoot down airliners because they happen to pass overhead your property.
    They don't fly low enough, but your irritating little toys do and as I said, if you're flying your hobby crap over folks' property without their permission you deserve to have them shot down.

  3. #143
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    Apparently perfectly legal. Should anyone just be allowed to kick his ass?

    "Artist took photos of people in their luxury residential building from his apartment.

    People living in a glass house are throwing verbal stones at a photographer and the exhibition he shot through the windows of their upscale Manhattan apartment complex.

    Arne Svenson used a telephoto lense to take the pictures from his own apartment window across the street from the upscale Zinc Building in the city's tony Tribeca section. One photo prominently displays the backside of a woman on all fours apparently picking something up from her floor; another shows someone napping."


    New Yorkers furious over photos taken through windows
    Context.

    If the law allows this scenario, and I don't believe it should, then jury nullification enters into the equation.

    Don't mistake this to mean that anybody can kick anybody's arse for any reason.

    Context.

    My answer will probably be unsatisfying to you. So be it.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Context.

    If the law allows this scenario, and I don't believe it should, then jury nullification enters into the equation.

    Don't mistake this to mean that anybody can kick anybody's arse for any reason.

    Context.

    My answer will probably be unsatisfying to you. So be it.
    What context do you need? The guy took pictures of people in a building across the street from his and put them into an art exhibit. As far as I know he has not been charged with any crime.
    How would that be different than someone flying a drone in public airspace and taking pictures of you through your window?
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They don't fly low enough, but your irritating little toys do and as I said, if you're flying your hobby crap over folks' property without their permission you deserve to have them shot down.
    600 yds is 1800 ft in the air, what is the operating altitude of a drone?
    I have 4 rifles that are accurate out to 600 yards. So I do believe it is possible with enough practice.

  6. #146
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    What context do you need? The guy took pictures of people in a building across the street from his and put them into an art exhibit. As far as I know he has not been charged with any crime.
    How would that be different than someone flying a drone in public airspace and taking pictures of you through your window?
    I don't think either should be legally allowed. Just because one person got away with it in another jurisdiction doesn't change my stance that I would choose to acquit.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I don't think either should be legally allowed. Just because one person got away with it in another jurisdiction doesn't change my stance that I would choose to acquit.
    So you don't think simply closing the curtains is the best way to make sure nobody looks in through your window? If you are on your property or public property why should you not be allowed to take a picture of whatever you can see?
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  8. #148
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    I think the best solution would be to require police drones to have POLICE written in very large letters.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigi View Post
    I think the best solution would be to require police drones to have POLICE written in very large letters.
    You mean sprayed on with a stencil? Yeah nobody could copy that!
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  10. #150
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    So you don't think simply closing the curtains is the best way to make sure nobody looks in through your window? If you are on your property or public property why should you not be allowed to take a picture of whatever you can see?
    That's what I would do. Still doesn't excuse intentionally peeping.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •