Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 593

Thread: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

  1. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    For those who want to place blame on others - look at the year 1969 and the mayoral race for your answers.

    That was the last major election in Detroit where white voters still represented the majority who turned out on election day. The terrible 67 riots were close in the rear view mirror and white families were leaving in droves. Two very fine men ended up in the general election - Roman Gribbs and Richard H. Austin. Basically almost all the whites voted for Gribbs because he was white while blacks did the same for Austin. Gribbs won and ended up without much public support as his voters continued to leave and proved ineffective.

    Austin was a CPA and a whiz with numbers. He was professional through and through and had the complete opposite personality of the combative and abrasive Coleman Young. He was a gentleman and a unifier who did not pander to racial agendas knowing they were divisive.

    While Austin lost, he then ran for Michigan Secretary of State - a position he won and held for the next 24 years doing an excellent job reforming a terrible state department which had been neglected for decades. You will find few in Michigan who do not praise Richard Austin for his excellent work.

    The sad reality is that had more whites voted for Austin that year, the history of Detroit may be very very different. He would have brought his professional expertise to the mayors office and the rcial divisiveness of the Young administration may never have happened with a long Austin tenure in city hall. It truly could have been a historic WHAT IF moment for the city.
    Yes, it's a sad thing when politicians pander to Black voters and that Black voters would respond the way they are directed. But it is happening now and few speak out against it.

  2. #582
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,757

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    More dishonesty on your part. I said that in this case we are discussing that "the context doesn't really matter" because you tried to blame another poster for not using context. He nailed it.. You've changed that to "In all my years I have never seen anybody say that context is not important", which any fair minded person can see is not what I said at all.

    Your entire post was ridiculous and I countered those miserable little excuses you made for the half century of liberal corruption in Detroit. Of curse you zeroed in on that one minor part so you could hope to ignore the rest. This you did, but only because you lack the balls to respond to the remainder.
    You said context did not matter.

    The context really doesn't matter.
    One sentence with ending punctuation. You said it. And said something indefensible in debate where context always matters.

    If you claim that the poster in question "nailed it" please do the following:

    1- reproduce my post that was the target of the other poster
    2- reproduce his post in which you claim he "nailed it"
    3- tell us what was wrong in my post and where the other poster found inaccuracies
    4- tell us why that constitutes "nailing it"

    This is called backing up your claims. I am eager to see you do it instead of merely pontificating against people you perceive as your political enemies.

    Of course, I highly doubt you will do this.
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-25-13 at 12:05 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #583
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,757

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, it's a sad thing when politicians pander to Black voters and that Black voters would respond the way they are directed. But it is happening now and few speak out against it.
    If that is what you took away from that history lesson you have intentional blinders over your eyes. The lesson 1969 was clear that BOTH RACES in the Detroit election went for the candidate of their race.

    Got that?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #584
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]Stick to the topic, which is not other posters. Thread bans will follow from this point on.

  5. #585
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    As I strongly do support and defend the Constitution that is a silly thing to say to me.
    Not that it matters but I don't see it.

  6. #586
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I guess that would depend on the individual case. For example, for some people having their job relocated may be the reason.

    I would suspect that for many others it is a combination of things which motivate them to relocate.

    I must say that I am a bit taken aback at your snide remark attacking me for looking for and finding evidence. I have never come across anyone in debate who views evidence as a negative to be criticized. Far too many people on these forums ignore it altogether instead opting for their own beliefs or pompous pontifications insted of verifiable evidence. Perhaps your contempt is part of that trend?
    You will find scraps of evidence that appeal to you. We all do it. You know that you do. I know that you do as well. Not that it matters. Detroit will still be bankrupt because of liberals inciting people to liberalism. Liberal policies at the city, state and federal level brought down Detroit earlier than some other cities but many are going to fall unless we can defeat liberal policies.

  7. #587
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You said context did not matter.
    It didn't matter. But of you feel the context did matter in this case then add the whatever context you feel was missing and we can look at it. But you are shamelessly grasping at straws and that is apparent to anyone keeping up with this thread. Take some responsibility and show some pride, if that is still possible with Leftists.

    If you claim that the poster in question "nailed it" please do the following:

    1- reproduce my post that was the target of the other poster
    2- reproduce his post in which you claim he "nailed it"
    3- tell us what was wrong in my post and where the other poster found inaccuracies
    4- tell us why that constitutes "nailing it"

    This is called backing up your claims. I am eager to see you do it instead of merely pontificating against people you perceive as your political enemies.

    Of course, I highly doubt you will do this.
    This time you "nailed it". Jack Fabulous nailed it also.

    I'm not going to bother explaining that to you again. There are too many walls standing between reality and the leftist cognizance. Efforts are futile.

  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    You will find scraps of evidence that appeal to you. We all do it. You know that you do. I know that you do as well. Not that it matters. Detroit will still be bankrupt because of liberals inciting people to liberalism. Liberal policies at the city, state and federal level brought down Detroit earlier than some other cities but many are going to fall unless we can defeat liberal policies.
    Middle America must wake up and the Tea Party can provide that incentive. The unscrupulous Left knows this, which is why they will say and do anything they can to attack the them.

  9. #589
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,757

    Re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It didn't matter. But of you feel the context did matter in this case then add the whatever context you feel was missing and we can look at it.
    The context has already been supplied by me in the original posts. feel free to go back and read it.

    I'm not going to bother explaining that to you again.
    If you are able to do so I would welcome reading it and discussing it with you.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If that is what you took away from that history lesson you have intentional blinders over your eyes. The lesson 1969 was clear that BOTH RACES in the Detroit election went for the candidate of their race.

    Got that?
    Yes. I got that. Blacks still seem to be going for a Democrat, or were they going for a Republican at the time? Whites for the Republican and Blacks for the Democrat? Is that what you are saying?

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •