Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 593

Thread: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

  1. #471
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why would bankruptcy need be declared if, as you claim, there is LOTS of money? The fact is that there is not enough money to satisfy debts, making your LOTS of money claim highly foolish. In fact I have never heard of anyone ever claiming bankruptcy that there was still LOTS of money to go around. Now you are talking pennies on the dollar, despite LOTS of money. Democrats do appear to live in Bubbaworld.
    Where are you reading that the poster said there was LOTS OF MONEY?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #472
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It is interesting that others here saw my real point while others including yourself seemed blind to it in favor of harping the partisan line that Detroit has been ruled by Satan and is everything that is wrong with liberalism.



    Your view of hackery was NOT shared by Donsutherland1. So your quip about being obvious to all seems to be one huge fail. So one now has to wonder who the real hack is in this whole thing.
    ONE person didn't immediately dismiss your post as hackery. ONE. This gives you credibility, how?

    Even THIS post is a great example of how bad your tactics and style really are. In your own words... "while others including yourself seemed blind to it in favor of harping the partisan line that Detroit has been ruled by Satan and is everything that is wrong with liberalism." I never said this or anything like it but that doesn't stop you from repeating this same UNTRUE synopsis of my responses on this thread, does it. Save for the few posts of mine that pointed out how ridiculously partisan YOUR posts were becoming, I have pretty much stuck to facts with references to back them up. What you are attempting to do now is to assign to me the partisan hack position that you have taken. It is, of course, laughable and anyone reading along can easily spot this.

    You can continue down this road if you like but you should know that I'm not going to let is slide. I will point it out and continue to expose your dishonesty each and every time you attempt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  3. #473
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    ONE person didn't immediately dismiss your post as hackery.
    Besides yourself, who did dismiss it as hackery along with evidence to show it was wrong?

    I will wait for the answer.

    by the way - you should learn how to properly count. Several people here have been supportive of positions I have taken in this thread and the argument I have put forth.

    What you are attempting to do now is to assign to me the partisan hack position that you have taken.
    I have not attempting to do anything other than tell the truth using the facts. If you are not comfortable with the image you have created for yourself with you unfounded claims and allegations, perhaps you should first look at your own tactics?

    I will point it out and continue to expose your dishonesty each and every time you attempt it.
    Well you have not done it yet but I look forward to the attempt with tremendous anticipation.
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-23-13 at 02:28 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #474
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Besides yourself, who did dismiss it as hackery along with evidence to show it was wrong?

    I will wait for the answer.



    I have not attempting to do anything other than tell the truth using the facts. If you are not comfortable with the image you have created for yourself with you unfounded claims and allegations, perhaps you should first look at your own tactics?
    I caught your post in it's entirety before you went back and deleted the part in bold. Just wanted to preserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where are you reading that the poster said there was LOTS OF MONEY?
    Sure. Here it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    there is LOTS of money
    just not enough to pay all the debts
    so bankruptcy is the way to determine who gets paid and who does not get paid in full
    and according to the state's constitution, the pensioners will get paid in full
    those not protected by constitutional provisions - not so much. they will get what ever is left to divide for themselves

  6. #476
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I caught your post in it's entirety before you went back and deleted the part in bold. Just wanted to preserve it.
    I have no idea what you are ranting about as I deleted nothing. Nor would I delete the truth.

    Perhaps you should look up the term STRAWMAN and learn about it?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #477
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sure. Here it is.
    Thank you for reproducing that.

    But basically the poster is correct that Detroit takes in money but not enough to pay the debts. What is wrong with that? One can indeed have lots of money coming in but if the bills are even greater, it does not fix the problem.

    http://www.detroitmi.gov/Portals/0/d...hanges_2_2.pdf

    I think any reasonable person would agree that one could characterize 2.6 BILLION dollars as lots of money.
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-23-13 at 02:34 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #478
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why would bankruptcy need be declared if, as you claim, there is LOTS of money?
    there is a LOT of money
    enough to cover the pensions, certainly
    not enough to pay all the other bills
    so, pay the pensions first consistent with the MI constitution

    having to explain the most basic information allows me to feel for the people who drive the short bus

    The fact is that there is not enough money to satisfy debts, making your LOTS of money claim highly foolish.
    you want to find foolish, read that ^ post. it's ****ing stupid. the USA has LOTS of money. but not enough to pay our debts without incurring a deficit - resulting in long-term debt obligations. does that fact manage to sink in?
    what do i have to do to allow some folks to realize that a LOT of money does not necessarily mean ENOUGH money
    but there IS enough money to cover the outstanding pension obligations. and the state constitution says those pension obligations will not be diminuated


    In fact I have never heard of anyone ever claiming bankruptcy that there was still LOTS of money to go around. Now you are talking pennies on the dollar, despite LOTS of money. Democrats do appear to live in Bubbaworld.
    that you - with your obvious level of experience - do not understand that businesses can have a lot of income but not enough to remain solvent without the protections afforded by filing bankruptcy, is meaningless
    because such scenarios happen all the time - in the real world; not some fictitious place that operates according to your irrational, uneducated, ignorant machinations
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Besides yourself, who did dismiss it as hackery along with evidence to show it was wrong? I will wait for the answer. by the way - you should learn how to properly count. Several people here have been supportive of positions I have taken in this thread and the argument I have put forth.
    That's right!

    I have not attempting to do anything other than tell the truth using the facts.
    Not exactly.

    It is interesting that others here saw my real point while others including yourself seemed blind to it in favor of harping the partisan line that Detroit has been ruled by Satan and is everything that is wrong with liberalism.
    The Satan part is wrong.

  10. #480
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    re: Judge rules Detroit bankruptcy filing UNCONSTITUTIONAL[W:584]

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I enjoy your posts. They are well written and thought provoking.

    You cited this in your post



    I have no idea where the Mackinaw center gets that figure as it is horribly wrong and I would bet a whole lot of money on it. I was part of the union bargaining team in DPS for several contracts. In the 890's and 90's and early 2,000's DPS was always in the bottom one third to one quarter of the tri county districts in SE Michigan. Since I retired some eight years ago, things have only gotten worse as I actually made more money in my final year than people at todays salary schedule due to three consecutive concession contracts.

    Here is the latest schedule

    http://www.nctq.org/docs/Detroit_Sal...y_13,_2011.pdf

    compare to this neighboring community district

    http://wwcsd.net/assets/pdfs/transpa...ract-final.pdf

    or this neighboring community school district

    http://www.gardencity.k12.ny.us/User...0%20Agenda.pdf

    or this district which abuts Detroit

    http://www.dft681.org/documents/DFT_...t_-_042611.pdf

    The Mackinaw Center is a notorious right wing organ that is almost always pushing kool aid for extremism. This is just another example of their dishonesty.
    Thanks for this information about the teacher compensation. I had questions about why it was so "high." Apparently, that information was not accurate. As such, the uncertain possibility that the state referenda outcomes might be helpful to addressing that issue (a non-issue) is not really relevant. I regret that I had not looked further into the details concerning Detroit's teacher compensation.

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •