Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 151

Thread: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

  1. #71
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Don't know why you highlighted "concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld" since this case has nothing to do with concealed carry. It has to do with bearing arms and they arrested him when he had the gun in plain view.
    You're right that it wasn't a CCW case. It's "open display". My bad

    Which again falls under the "It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: " and "or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #72
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    True, but I was waiting for the Conservative defense of this guy. I thought it would be something about removing tyranny...as it turns out, it's still about the persecution.
    It's about some idiot doing stupid ****.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,346

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I agree, if a chicago man did this the media wouldn't say Illinois man, they'd say Chicago man...

    Now about who has a lot more gun deaths-

    Daily beast 2010

    Illinois had 8 per 100,000 tied with Nebraska

    Now who had more-
    Maine
    N Dakota
    Utah
    Colorado
    TEXAS with 10.7
    Kansas
    N Carolina
    Missouri
    Georgia
    Idaho
    Oklahoma with 13.4
    Tennessee with 15
    W Virginia
    Kentucky
    Wyoming with 14.5 along with Montana
    Alabama
    Arkansas
    Alaska with 17.6
    Mississippi with 18.3

    Another way to look at this-
    Texas had approx 26 million folks in 2010
    Illinois 12.8 million

    So Texas has a higher firearm death rate per 100,000 AND over double the population.

    So yeah Texas has more in total and more per 100,000.
    And so do all the other "gun happy" States. The more guns the more gun deaths. It is so obvious it isn't funny.
    '

  4. #74
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Nope. You're making it up.



    Gun violence in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Illinois 3.5/100,000 - 364 deaths a year.
    Texas 5/100,000 - 805 deaths a year.

    Please... please.. stop making things up.
    EDIT: Gun deaths include suicide, accidental and intentional justified shooting by police/others. Use only homicide gun deaths to get a better idea of "gun violence" actually related to crime.

    Um, using 2008 numbers because? In 2012 there were 435 gun deaths (of 506 murders) in Chicago alone.

    500 murders in Chicago in 2012; 435 caused by guns by Kathleen Geier | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly

    Try this site for 2010/2011 figures: Texas 2.91/100,000 and Illinois 2.93/100,000

    The Geography of U.S. Gun Homicides | The Lowdown
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 07-19-13 at 03:11 PM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #75
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    And so do all the other "gun happy" States. The more guns the more gun deaths. It is so obvious it isn't funny.
    '
    No you ignant librul, guns makes us safer. In the ghetto everyone has a gun and that's why its so safe there.

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    And so do all the other "gun happy" States. The more guns the more gun deaths. It is so obvious it isn't funny.
    '
    I was disappointed my state, Oklahoma, is higher than Illinois, and that states where the folks to shoot are few and far between such as Wyoming and Montana have higher 'gun' deaths rates than Illinois. Alaska having double the rate of Illinois makes me wonder just what Sarah and her pals are doing up there!

  7. #77
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Um, using 2008 numbers because? In 2012 there were 435 gun deaths (of 506 murders) in Chicago alone.

    500 murders in Chicago in 2012; 435 caused by guns by Kathleen Geier | Political Animal | The Washington Monthly

    Try this site for 2010/2011 figures: Texas 2.91/100,000 and Illinois 2.93/100,000

    The Geography of U.S. Gun Homicides | The Lowdown
    2.91/100,000 vrs 2.93/100,000? that is a difference of 0.02

    so they are statisically the same?

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    EDIT: Gun deaths include suicide, accidental and intentional justified shooting by police/others. Use only homicide gun deaths to get a better idea of "gun violence" actually related to crime.

    Um, using 2008 numbers because? In 2012 there were 435 gun deaths (of 506 murders) in Chicago alone.

    Try this site for 2010/2011 figures: Texas 2.91/100,000 and Illinois 2.93/100,000
    Wow, so by cutting out all other deaths such as a child getting daddy's pistol and shooting his sister and just looking at murder you get the numbers to within .02 people per 100,000! Never mind the pro-pack 'em crowd claims what a great deterrence Concealed Carry is and how 'safer' everyone is if most every who wants one can have one you eliminate all the accidental deaths caused by firearms and the difference is .02

    Wow, just wow...

  9. #79
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    2.91/100,000 vrs 2.93/100,000? that is a difference of 0.02

    so they are statisically the same?
    Yep. However if you look deeper you will see that crime in certain areas of large cities account for most of these gun homicides in virtually all states (red or blue). We do not have a gun problem we have a gang problem in the "tribal zones" of major cities. Texas statistics are skewed further by border violence due to the illegal drug trade. Rural Texas is actually quite safe even though we almost all have guns.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #80
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Armed man arrested near White House wanted ‘fire a couple of shots,’ police say

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep. However if you look deeper you will see that crime in certain areas of large cities account for most of these gun homicides in virtually all states (red or blue). We do not have a gun problem we have a gang problem in the "tribal zones" of major cities. Texas statistics are skewed further by border violence due to the illegal drug trade. Rural Texas is actually quite safe even though we almost all have guns.
    But why should that (ie rural versus urban) matter at all when the line is "more guns means less crime"?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •