Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 140

Thread: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

  1. #41
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,948

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Oh what a fantasy world you live in...LMFAOL

    You seem to know so much about this spying and these atrocities; please do enlighten us...oh wait- don't..I've heard am these "big brother" BS already. LOL

    I would personally volunteer to throw away they key on Manning and Snowden types.
    The footage of U.S. soldiers deliberately targetting civilians from helicopters and then having a jolly laugh about it was something I was personally happy to see exposed.

    But just keep dishing out ad homs, it makes you look like a jerk and someone incapable of standing their ground in a debate.
    Last edited by Northern Light; 07-21-13 at 05:47 PM.

  2. #42
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The footage of U.S. soldiers deliberately targetting civilians from helicopters and then having a jolly laugh about it was something I was personally happy to see exposed.

    But just keep dishing out ad homs, it makes you look like a jerk and someone incapable of standing their ground in a debate.
    Again you don't know what your taking about; the incident in reference is the one that involved a Reuters' crew being fired upon by accident. They were mistaken for insurgents, and yes, the video showed the crew being happy that they had nailed their perceived target; an action that can be understood within the context of the fog of war.

    This was a regrettable incident that occurred in error and was not the savage killing you make it out to be. There have been incidents of collateral damage and even rogue soldiers like Sgt Bale; however the latter does not represent an entire military's role in the war. To state otherwise is not only to be ignorant but to be beyond logic.

    Manning did not only leak that video, but thousands of classified cables if the State Department amongst other things. All of those documents were classified for a reason- whether you agree with it or not is beyond the point!

    Manning will receive the appropriate punishment for his actions under the UCMJ. Fry him!!

  3. #43
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,948

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Again you don't know what your taking about; the incident in reference is the one that involved a Reuters' crew being fired upon by accident. They were mistaken for insurgents, and yes, the video showed the crew being happy that they had nailed their perceived target; an action that can be understood within the context of the fog of war.
    I understand the story made up after the fact, and I don't really care. Prior to Desert Storm, the media were allowed into war zones. Why did we stop? Because the public started getting disgusted with what the reality of war looked like. The media ended the Vietnam War. Now we have media blackouts in our campaign zones. How is a democracy supposed to function when we are being kept in the dark of the realities of our violent campaigns?

    What is now being called "classified information" used to be readily accessible to war correspondents who were willing to put their lives on the line to relay violent details back to the public. Now? People get called traitors for passing on information that falls under the blackout. It's so unfortunate how within one generation, people like you now jump to apologize for the government because you accept the new rules that are meant to oppress your awareness so that they can in turn manufacture your consent. You roll over like a dog, just like so many others, to defend these rules.

    I fully support dissenters who will violate these bunk, anti-democratic laws and show the public the realities of what their tax dollars are paying for.

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    This was a regrettable incident that occurred in error and was not the savage killing you make it out to be. There have been incidents of collateral damage and even rogue soldiers like Sgt Bale; however the latter does not represent an entire military's role in the war. To state otherwise is not only to be ignorant but to be beyond logic.
    Well regardless of what actually happened, we now have a story to match the incident because someone undertook the brave act of bringing it to the public's attention. Had they not done that, maybe we would never have learned that journalists were being attacked. After all, there is command review of all Reuters content leaving the war zone, which means they might not have been able to tell the story to the outside world in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Manning did not only leak that video, but thousands of classified cables if the State Department amongst other things. All of those documents were classified for a reason- whether you agree with it or not is beyond the point!
    I will be the judge of whether or not those documents deserved to be classified, and so far it seems like most of them were classified to avoid a PR nightmare, a.k.a to prevent the public from seeking the bad side of war.

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Manning will receive the appropriate punishment for his actions under the UCMJ. Fry him!!
    Manning will be crucified by the same fanatics who are keeping the public stupid, afraid, and ignorant.

  4. #44
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Again you don't know what your taking about; the incident in reference is the one that involved a Reuters' crew being fired upon by accident. They were mistaken for insurgents, and yes, the video showed the crew being happy that they had nailed their perceived target; an action that can be understood within the context of the fog of war.

    This was a regrettable incident that occurred in error and was not the savage killing you make it out to be. There have been incidents of collateral damage and even rogue soldiers like Sgt Bale; however the latter does not represent an entire military's role in the war. To state otherwise is not only to be ignorant but to be beyond logic.

    Manning did not only leak that video, but thousands of classified cables if the State Department amongst other things. All of those documents were classified for a reason- whether you agree with it or not is beyond the point!

    Manning will receive the appropriate punishment for his actions under the UCMJ. Fry him!!
    The Apache crew, and their superiors ALL THE WAY UP the chain of command, committed war crimes in the same fashion that William Calley did at My Lai.

    That you thoroughly support such crimes speaks volumes about your own conscience, or lack thereof.

    Manning revealed those crimes, and I thank him for his courage, though I was not exactly surprised that an american helicopter crew would celebrate so much over killing innocent children and adults.

    The ultimate guilt for those crimes goes all the way UP the chain of command to the C-in-C.

  5. #45
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The Apache crew, and their superiors ALL THE WAY UP the chain of command, committed war crimes in the same fashion that William Calley did at My Lai.

    That you thoroughly support such crimes speaks volumes about your own conscience, or lack thereof.

    Manning revealed those crimes, and I thank him for his courage, though I was not exactly surprised that an american helicopter crew would celebrate so much over killing innocent children and adults.

    The ultimate guilt for those crimes goes all the way UP the chain of command to the C-in-C.

    You think an Apache intentionally targeted a news crew and was commanded to do so by the president?

    wow

    It looks like someone REALLY wanted wikileaks to be important, and could not handle the disappointment of it being nothing.

  6. #46
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You think an Apache intentionally targeted a news crew and were commanded to do so by the president?

    wow

    It looks like someone REALLY wanted wikileaks to be important.
    No, I don't think as you say I think. You jump to conclusions rather quickly, and appear to have ZERO knowledge of the structure and purpose of the military chain of command. I guess it's possible you never actually listened to the tapes made public by Manning.

  7. #47
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    No, I don't think as you say I think. You jump to conclusions rather quickly, and appear to have ZERO knowledge of the structure and purpose of the military chain of command. I guess it's possible you never actually listened to the tapes made public by Manning.
    I look at the situation for what it is/was. I take the most obvious explanation. I do not invent hysterically wild stories from sound bites. Look, I'm sorry wikileaks was a big disappointment for you, but creating mountains from nothing will not change that.

  8. #48
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I look at the situation for what it is/was. I take the most obvious explanation. I do not invent hysterically wild stories from sound bites. Look, I'm sorry wikileaks was a big disappointment for you, but creating mountains from nothing will not change that.
    Wikileaks has absolutely nothing to do with it.

    Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought we were talking about the moral and legal ramifications of the actions of the gunship crew and its HQ.

    I'm saying those actions constitute war crimes under international law, and (maybe I'm wrong) but it seems like you think the crew and HQ were doing the right thing? Perhaps I have you confused with another poster here?

  9. #49
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I'm saying those actions constitute war crimes under international law, and (maybe I'm wrong) but it seems like you think the crew and HQ were doing the right thing? Perhaps I have you confused with another poster here?
    You are inventing BS. The Apache was firing on what it thought was enemy combatants. It did not intentionally target a Reuters news crew - that's ludicrous, unfounded and, frankly, disconnected.

  10. #50
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    You jump to conclusions rather quickly, and appear to have ZERO knowledge of the structure and purpose of the military chain of command.

    D Co. 3/505th PIR 82nd Abn

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •