Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 140

Thread: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

  1. #31
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    So then, if The Law required that every first born be sacrificed at the altar, you would obey it? Would that be what you consider a worthy law, or do you consider all the legislative product to be worthy?

    Since when is it wrong in any way to expose the crimes of government, and by what authority?
    That's a stupid question- we live in a much more civilized world...

  2. #32
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    That's a stupid question- we live in a much more civilized world...
    Which one is stupid? I asked 3 questions and you have dodged them all, suggesting the answers bother you somehow.

  3. #33
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    This isn't a joke type question, but just who is this "enemy" of which you speak? Would that be the Taliban, to whom Colin Powell delivered $40+ million dollars in April of 2001, or perhaps AQ, a creature of our very own CIA?

    Since Robert Gates as SecDef is on the record as saying the material Manning released harmed no US soldier in any way, what harm was really done by that release of minimally classified information?
    You obviously do not know what your talking about; after 9-11 we forged alliances with and gave money to The Northern Alliance, a group that was an enemy of the Taliban.

    AQ isn't a USA creation, that's conspiracy theory. During the CW we funded anti-soviet "mujahideens".

  4. #34
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    You obviously do not know what your talking about; after 9-11 we forged alliances with and gave money to The Northern Alliance, a group that was an enemy of the Taliban.

    AQ isn't a USA creation, that's conspiracy theory. During the CW we funded anti-soviet "mujahideens".
    It appears I am not as gullible as you might be.

  5. #35
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Which one is stupid? I asked 3 questions and you have dodged them all, suggesting the answers bother you somehow.
    They don't bother me, they're just dumb questions because unlike a Toltec ruler, our government derives its power from We the People. There are reasons why infosec exists and that's why there are laws that Manning swore to uphold- he broke them, is a criminal and will pay heavily for this betrayal.

  6. #36
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It appears I am not as gullible as you might be.
    LMFAOL, right...!

  7. #37
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    LMFAOL, right...!
    Maybe not as gullible as you seem, and perhaps much more perceptive, eh?

    Whereas I am quite skeptical of government stories, you seem to jump onboard any story they advance.

  8. #38
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    The technicalities you disagree with are THE LAW. Who the hell are Manning, Asange and Snowden to determine what the US should and should not keep secret- who the F made them the adjudicators of information security?!

    The answer: NO ONE

    You're freedom of speech stops at the "Classified" stamp!!
    Somewhere in America, a tiny violin is playing. lol

    They were men of conscience. I disagree with upholding laws that violate the American Constitutions and dirty the good name of our country. The American People deserved to be told they were being SPIED on by their own government, and the world needed to know the atrocities of our war in the Middle East.

    What goes around comes around. If the government is committing bad deeds then it should live in fear that men of conscience will ALWAYS find a way to air their dirty laundry for all to see.

    If you have nothing bad to hide then you have nothing to worry about. Sound familiar? It's what Homeland Security tells US regularly.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna
    You are still free to disagree with me, just as I am still free to disagree with you. And I do. Freedom of speech does not extend to posting classified information on the internet, where it can be used to do harm by our nation's... or any nation's... enemies. Espionage, treason, giving aid to the enemy are not constitutionally protected activities.
    Info wasn't given to the enemy, it was given to Wikileaks. Wikileaks is not under contract with the U.S. government, and no info was directly given to any enemy.

    You can call it espionage all you want but it's not. He wasn't working for a foreign government, he was aiding a non-State actor.

    He'll be locked away no doubt, but I think calling Manning a traitor and accusing him of aiding the enemy is delusional. He saw atrocities being committed by the U.S. army that were in violation of UN law, and he aired the dirty laundry, AS ANYONE OF GOOD CONSCIENCE SHOULD. Period.

  9. #39
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Bravo NorthernLight!

  10. #40
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Somewhere in America, a tiny violin is playing. lol

    They were men of conscience. I disagree with upholding laws that violate the American Constitutions and dirty the good name of our country. The American People deserved to be told they were being SPIED on by their own government, and the world needed to know the atrocities of our war in the Middle East.

    What goes around comes around. If the government is committing bad deeds then it should live in fear that men of conscience will ALWAYS find a way to air their dirty laundry for all to see.

    If you have nothing bad to hide then you have nothing to worry about. Sound familiar? It's what Homeland Security tells US regularly.



    Info wasn't given to the enemy, it was given to Wikileaks. Wikileaks is not under contract with the U.S. government, and no info was directly given to any enemy.

    You can call it espionage all you want but it's not. He wasn't working for a foreign government, he was aiding a non-State actor.

    He'll be locked away no doubt, but I think calling Manning a traitor and accusing him of aiding the enemy is delusional. He saw atrocities being committed by the U.S. army that were in violation of UN law, and he aired the dirty laundry, AS ANYONE OF GOOD CONSCIENCE SHOULD. Period.
    Oh what a fantasy world you live in...LMFAOL

    You seem to know so much about this spying and these atrocities; please do enlighten us...oh wait- don't..I've heard am these "big brother" BS already. LOL

    I would personally volunteer to throw away they key on Manning and Snowden types.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •