Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 140 of 140

Thread: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Are you aware of Curveball? What about WMD? What about the claim that Iraq, whose army was decimated 12 years prior in the First Gulf War, who had no navy and no air force, was a threat to the US? Did you really believe that, or were you too young at the time to have been aware of all that?

    I did my time in the US Army, and it was a no-brainer that after 12 years of sanctions, with no effective military at all, Iraq was no threat at all to this country on the other side of the globe.

    The war was brought under fraud, and if you don't understand that, well...it's a personal problem of some sort with understanding history.
    At the time the war in Iraq kicked off, I was app 30,000ft above Saudi Arabia and a few hours later I was 30,000ft above Iraq. I had been part of both Operations Southern Watch and Northern Watch in the preceding years. I also received almost daily intel briefs on what was going on, some of which I am not at liberty to discuss here. I have no desire to enter an adjoining cell to Manning's.

    I have absolutely no problem understanding history, unlike some, I don't filter reality through biased goggles. And in the case of Iraq, I have quite a bit more knowledge about it than most Americans do. Funny though how everyone I know that was there and had been involved in it for years thinks the war was wrong, wonder why that is?

    You seem to feel that "threat" means ability to cause significant damage to the physical structure of the United States. Sure glad others don't use that definition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The criminal actions he revealed were those of the gunship crew and its supervisors.
    If criminal, then it would be criminal actions of those individuals and the lack of actions of their chain of command, not the Government. I haven't personally seen the video which you are talking about and I don't believe all the factors involved in the "incident" could be present upon the video.

    This inability of civilians to understand what is going on in combat and place into context is another reason why the military has it's own Justice System.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #132
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,309

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You're over thinking it. Not that difficult to prove or to conceive that he knew the enemy would be aided by the info he revealed to a source he knew was going to release it to the world. Wikileaks has nothing to do with this other than being the conduit. He just used them thinking he could keep his own butt out of the hotseat.
    Actually, he is just thinking. There is no evidence anywhere that indicates or implies that Manning was using Wiki as a conduit. Wiki is info for the public at large. The only aid was that the USA looked like a bag of turds when the Apache murders were revealed.

  3. #133
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    When it comes to honor in defending the rule of law, it appears right now that he has more honor and courage in his little finger than you have in your entire body.

    He has literally put his life on the line, as you sit here babbling away with government talking points on the internet.
    Funny now much you know about me.. LMFAOL @ U

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Actually, he is just thinking. There is no evidence anywhere that indicates or implies that Manning was using Wiki as a conduit. Wiki is info for the public at large. The only aid was that the USA looked like a bag of turds when the Apache murders were revealed.
    Sigh, another one. The article in the UCMJ doesn't take into account whether he knew it would get to the "enemy" or not, just that it did or could have.

    Does somebody have a link to this damned video, I don't feel like goggling it myself.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Funny now much you know about me.. LMFAOL @ U
    Give it up. He said in another thread that he thinks 9/11 was a false flag, so if he actually had any credibility on the subject, he just nuked out of existence.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #136
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    At the time the war in Iraq kicked off, I was app 30,000ft above Saudi Arabia and a few hours later I was 30,000ft above Iraq. I had been part of both Operations Southern Watch and Northern Watch in the preceding years. I also received almost daily intel briefs on what was going on, some of which I am not at liberty to discuss here. I have no desire to enter an adjoining cell to Manning's.

    I have absolutely no problem understanding history, unlike some, I don't filter reality through biased goggles. And in the case of Iraq, I have quite a bit more knowledge about it than most Americans do. Funny though how everyone I know that was there and had been involved in it for years thinks the war was wrong, wonder why that is?

    You seem to feel that "threat" means ability to cause significant damage to the physical structure of the United States. Sure glad others don't use that definition.



    If criminal, then it would be criminal actions of those individuals and the lack of actions of their chain of command, not the Government. I haven't personally seen the video which you are talking about and I don't believe all the factors involved in the "incident" could be present upon the video.

    This inability of civilians to understand what is going on in combat and place into context is another reason why the military has it's own Justice System.
    I'm not sure if you mistyped what you actually meant to say, but I agree in general terms. When I was in Vietnam, most (not all) the troops understood it was a bogus war, and had nothing to do with actually protecting or defending this country. That everyone that was there thinks the war was wrong in consistent with what my nephew says, and he's been there twice. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure such things out, but a conscience is necessary, and the courage to speak out.

    As to the Collateral Murder video, you should check it out. And being military, make sure you have the audio on to hear the commo between HQ and the gunship, and the intercom talk between front seat and back seat.

    I blame the chain of command more than I do the crew. And when I blame "the government", that's because it was the C-in-C who started the illegitimate war, the specious AUMF notwithstanding. It was brought under fraud, and it was waged under fraud. That is not really the fault of the pawns fighting it.

  7. #137
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Funny now much you know about me.. LMFAOL @ U
    I know you ONLY by your posts here. And so far I'm impressed in all the wrong ways.

  8. #138
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I know you ONLY by your posts here. And so far I'm impressed in all the wrong ways.
    Coming from you that's a compliment!

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I'm not sure if you mistyped what you actually meant to say, but I agree in general terms. When I was in Vietnam, most (not all) the troops understood it was a bogus war, and had nothing to do with actually protecting or defending this country. That everyone that was there thinks the war was wrong in consistent with what my nephew says, and he's been there twice. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure such things out, but a conscience is necessary, and the courage to speak out.

    As to the Collateral Murder video, you should check it out. And being military, make sure you have the audio on to hear the commo between HQ and the gunship, and the intercom talk between front seat and back seat.

    I blame the chain of command more than I do the crew. And when I blame "the government", that's because it was the C-in-C who started the illegitimate war, the specious AUMF notwithstanding. It was brought under fraud, and it was waged under fraud. That is not really the fault of the pawns fighting it.
    Correct on the mistype, I don't know any of them who thinks it was wrong. Believed in it then, still do.

    Vietnam was never about defending the US directly. It was supposed to be about aiding an ally against communist insurgents supported by the Soviets and N. Vietnam. I agree with that conceptually except that the S. Vietnamese government wasn't one that I think we should of been allied with. Killing commies and not letting them take over the world is good, but supporting an oppressive regime to do it, no so good.

    Watched the video. Kind of unclear. At the start, it did look like several of them were carrying weapons. I didn't see the number they said, but then, I only have the camera video and not the whole scene. The talk about the Brad and Humvee's in the background, not for sure what that was about, maybe traffic on a different com circuit. I certainly didn't see any Bradlys or Humvee's. As to the supposed children in the van, I see something there, but cannot make out what it is and wouldn't of even notice had the arrows not come up to point it out. Overall, I see nothing wrong except maybe some confusion and misinterpretation of what they were seeing. If charges were brought against the helicopter crew and after seeing that video, evidence to me would be inconclusive on any charges. I would need far more information than what was there to say they were absolutely in the wrong. It would certainly be protected due to it's potential as propaganda.

    I didn't find what classification it was originally given, but mishap reports and documents relating to incidents are usually given For Official Use Only to protect them from release while investigations are in progress. Dealt with that during my time in the safety office all the time.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #140
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,314

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Correct on the mistype, I don't know any of them who thinks it was wrong. Believed in it then, still do.

    Vietnam was never about defending the US directly. It was supposed to be about aiding an ally against communist insurgents supported by the Soviets and N. Vietnam. I agree with that conceptually except that the S. Vietnamese government wasn't one that I think we should of been allied with. Killing commies and not letting them take over the world is good, but supporting an oppressive regime to do it, no so good.

    Watched the video. Kind of unclear. At the start, it did look like several of them were carrying weapons. I didn't see the number they said, but then, I only have the camera video and not the whole scene. The talk about the Brad and Humvee's in the background, not for sure what that was about, maybe traffic on a different com circuit. I certainly didn't see any Bradlys or Humvee's. As to the supposed children in the van, I see something there, but cannot make out what it is and wouldn't of even notice had the arrows not come up to point it out. Overall, I see nothing wrong except maybe some confusion and misinterpretation of what they were seeing. If charges were brought against the helicopter crew and after seeing that video, evidence to me would be inconclusive on any charges. I would need far more information than what was there to say they were absolutely in the wrong. It would certainly be protected due to it's potential as propaganda.

    I didn't find what classification it was originally given, but mishap reports and documents relating to incidents are usually given For Official Use Only to protect them from release while investigations are in progress. Dealt with that during my time in the safety office all the time.
    You agree with that conceptually, but you weren't there. Your larger point is right on--we were defending "US interests", and not really the US itself. Wink, wink The Vietnamese could no more invade the US than the Iraqis or Afghanis could, wink, wink.

    No, I believed all that nonsense. 4 years in ROTC and I believed all that stuff. Domino theory was quite a good image, really.

    Once I got in country I realized that everything I had been told was a fantasy in a perverse way. The only people who believed in the cause did so only because of career considerations, promotions. I was not one of those guys, and the war was ending anyway.

    Glad you watched the video, and thanks for the straight comments.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •