Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140

Thread: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

  1. #121
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    What you apparently fail to consider is that these days the federal government classifies virtually everything. Sorry I can't provide a "link", but there have been many articles written about that.

    You also fail to realize, or prefer to pretend otherwise, that the war in which Manning was involved was brought under fraud. Manning revealed the criminal actions of the government.

    Is that so hard to understand? Or is it easier to just pretend otherwise?
    Sounds like you need to take your grievances to your congressmen.. Have them change the law etc.

    Manning joined the Army in 2007- 5 years after the start of the current Iraqi conflict, it's not like he didn't know there was a war going on..

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    What you apparently fail to consider is that these days the federal government classifies virtually everything. Sorry I can't provide a "link", but there have been many articles written about that.

    You also fail to realize, or prefer to pretend otherwise, that the war in which Manning was involved was brought under fraud. Manning revealed the criminal actions of the government.

    Is that so hard to understand? Or is it easier to just pretend otherwise?
    I think you have a very bad understanding of classifications. The government does not "classify" everything. I must say though, that you and others have definitely proven why there was a need for a Military Justice system independent of the Civil one.

    As to the war being fraudulent, that has been discussed ad infinitum in multiple threads and has never been definitively proven.

    What criminal actions did he reveal?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    What you apparently fail to consider is that these days the federal government classifies virtually everything. Sorry I can't provide a "link", but there have been many articles written about that.

    You also fail to realize, or prefer to pretend otherwise, that the war in which Manning was involved was brought under fraud. Manning revealed the criminal actions of the government.

    Is that so hard to understand? Or is it easier to just pretend otherwise?
    Is it that hard to Google and post a link to back up your claims? That's part of debating. Any schmuck can make any outrageous claims they want, doesn't make it true. NOT that I don't believe this particular claim, but this seems to be a bad debate tactic that you use.

  4. #124
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I think you have a very bad understanding of classifications. The government does not "classify" everything. I must say though, that you and others have definitely proven why there was a need for a Military Justice system independent of the Civil one.

    As to the war being fraudulent, that has been discussed ad infinitum in multiple threads and has never been definitively proven.

    What criminal actions did he reveal?
    Are you aware of Curveball? What about WMD? What about the claim that Iraq, whose army was decimated 12 years prior in the First Gulf War, who had no navy and no air force, was a threat to the US? Did you really believe that, or were you too young at the time to have been aware of all that?

    I did my time in the US Army, and it was a no-brainer that after 12 years of sanctions, with no effective military at all, Iraq was no threat at all to this country on the other side of the globe.

    The war was brought under fraud, and if you don't understand that, well...it's a personal problem of some sort with understanding history.

    The criminal actions he revealed were those of the gunship crew and its supervisors.

  5. #125
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Are you aware of Curveball? What about WMD? What about the claim that Iraq, whose army was decimated 12 years prior in the First Gulf War, who had no navy and no air force, was a threat to the US?
    I suppose that by that assessment, Hezbollah, which has no navy and no army isn't a thread... This isn't a discussion about our endeavors in Afghanistan/Iraq btw.

    Back to the point: your feelings about Afghanistan & Iraq do not warrant Manning's actions, they may rationalize your point of view, but they don't justify his crime.

    He joined the Army in 2007- five years after the current Iraq conflict began, it's not like he didn't know a war was going on.

  6. #126
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    I suppose that by that assessment, Hezbollah, which has no navy and no army isn't a thread... This isn't a discussion about our endeavors in Afghanistan/Iraq btw.

    Back to the point: your feelings about Afghanistan & Iraq do not warrant Manning's actions, they may rationalize your point of view, but they don't justify his crime.

    He joined the Army in 2007- five years after the current Iraq conflict began, it's not like he didn't know a war was going on.
    Duh!

    I joined the Army years after Vietnam started. What's your point?

    Justify his crime? Revealing government crimes is itself a crime? In what authoritarian country do you live?

    Revealing the crimes of government is ALWAYS the right thing to do. It is NEVER a crime.

    You are apparently quite content to defend and condone government crimes. I'm not.

  7. #127
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Duh!

    I joined the Army years after Vietnam started. What's your point?

    Justify his crime? Revealing government crimes is itself a crime? In what authoritarian country do you live?

    Revealing the crimes of government is ALWAYS the right thing to do. It is NEVER a crime.

    You are apparently quite content to defend and condone government crimes. I'm not.
    Crimes as defined by you..? The point was that if Manning was such a contentious objector he should have either not joined the Army or stated his position as one and been removed from active his role.

    He can't say he joined the forces of good and then became disillusioned so he decided to break the law, his oath of secrecy and expect to be innocent..really?

    You may defend him but he is no hero and will get what he deserves. Who the hell is he to decide what should and should not be made public???!

    That's a pretty F'ng arrogant position to take..

  8. #128
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    Crimes as defined by you..? The point was that if Manning was such a contentious objector he should have either not joined the Army or stated his position as one and been removed from active his role.

    He can't say he joined the forces of good and then became disillusioned so he decided to break the law, his oath of secrecy and expect to be innocent..really?

    You may defend him but he is no hero and will get what he deserves. Who the hell is he to decide what should and should not be made public???!

    That's a pretty F'ng arrogant position to take..
    The difference between Manning and you is that he knows right from wrong and you do not, judging from your posts.

    Mannning has a moral conscience, a moral compass, and you do not.

  9. #129
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The difference between Manning and you is that he knows right from wrong and you do not, judging from your posts.

    Mannning has a moral conscience, a moral compass, and you do not.
    That was funny! No, the difference is some of us have honor- he does not..

  10. #130
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: US judge rules not to drop Manning charge

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    That was funny! No, the difference is some of us have honor- he does not..
    When it comes to honor in defending the rule of law, it appears right now that he has more honor and courage in his little finger than you have in your entire body.

    He has literally put his life on the line, as you sit here babbling away with government talking points on the internet.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •