Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

  1. #11
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who cares if my car is outside in the public? Why does the government need to be taking pictures of it and then storing that on file??

    It completely disgusts me that people are fine with being spied on if it stops crime.
    That's an odd statement coming from you, Henrin...almost paradoxical in some strange way. I think that the way you feel about this issue...is in the same way women feel when government wants to force ultrasounds on them. And you support that.
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 07-17-13 at 10:51 PM.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    That's an odd statement coming from you, Henrin...almost paradoxical in some strange way. I think that they way you feel about this issue...is in the same way women feel when government wants to force ultrasounds on them. And you support that.
    What?! I don't support mandated ultrasounds.

  3. #13
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What?! I don't support forced ultrasounds.
    Come on, Henrin...get out of here...for real?

  4. #14
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Who cares if my car is outside in the public? Why does the government need to be taking pictures of it and then storing that on file??

    It completely disgusts me that people are fine with being spied on if it stops crime.
    Why not? What is the difference if it is just random pictures being taken by the public or a random police officer with a very good memory who is able to recognize certain cars whenever they are in the area? It isn't hurting you. I just don't understand the issue.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Come on, Henrin...get out of here...for real?
    ???? For real. I made that clear last week.

  6. #16
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    ???? For real. I made that clear last week.
    Well, then, I owe you an apology...but are you saying that you never have?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why not? What is the difference if it is just random pictures being taken by the public or a random police officer with a very good memory who is able to recognize certain cars whenever they are in the area? It isn't hurting you. I just don't understand the issue.
    Information. There is vast difference between cameras(or in this case pictures being taken) being everywhere knowing whatever we do and cop walking around on the street. The officer as you say must remember what he sees, but when you can store information and retrieve it later you can learn a great more about people and how they behave and how they are as people. The more you know the more effective you can be towards what you decide to do.

  8. #18
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Information. There is vast difference between cameras(or in this case pictures being taken) being everywhere knowing whatever we do and cop walking around on the street. The officer as you say must remember what he sees, but when you can store information and retrieve it later you can learn a great more about people and how they behave and how they are as people. The more you know the more effective you can be towards what you decide to do.
    Ok, but how is that in any way a violation against you? You can't argue a privacy right for things you do in public so I can't imagine how anyone would challenge this.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Ok, but how is that in any way a violation against you? You can't argue a privacy right for things you do in public so I can't imagine how anyone would challenge this.
    Just because it's in public doesn't permit the government to watch me with any device they see fit and gather endless amounts of information about me.

  10. #20
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Driving somewhere? There's a gov't record of that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Just because it's in public doesn't permit the government to watch me with devices they see fit and gather endless amounts of information about me.
    Why not? What is the legal argument? There is no reasonable expectation of privacy when you do something in public.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •