Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 203

Thread: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

  1. #191
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    Martin had no bruising on his fists,
    Can you explain how bruising occurs?

    And if you know and understand that... um, how can that process happen, when your heart is not beating?

    Thanks.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucker View Post
    But this isn't like every other criminaol case; it is no doubt similar to some.

    Because the "evidence," as you say, is exceedingly weak. That is, said "evidence" could never be used in a prosecutorial fashion. It was used by the defense to cast doubt on the alleged fault of Zimmerman.

    That's fine. That's normal defense procedure. But it does not cast Martin as the assailant. We're talking about one witness...who was the defendant!--and then another witness who had zero idea how the two men got into the position they were in.

    We just don't know. Zimmerman's story could be true...and that's all the defense needed.

    There's been a lot of talk about assumptions on the part of Martin's supporters; what's amazing is the same people who point out that we don't know if those assumptions are true are the ones who assume everything against the dead person.

    Based on...effectively nothing.

    Rooting for one's "team" is antithetical to truth in matters like this.
    the evidence was exceedingly weak?...wtf?.. did you even pay attention to the evidence?

    all the evidence points to TM being the assailant.... all of it.

    injuries on TM's knuckles, GZ's broken nose and cuts on his head...I don't know what more you require, but a reasonable person can only draw a single conclusion as to who the assailant was.

    the only assumption by the Zim supporters I take exception to is over TM's character.... they have been letting loose with extremely reasonable assumptions of the event of that night though, assumptions which are corroborated by the physical evidence.

    it doesn't really matter if TM supporters accept the evidence... it is what it is and it all points to TM being the assailant

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Can you explain how bruising occurs?

    And if you know and understand that... um, how can that process happen, when your heart is not beating?

    Thanks.

    the autopsy report noted injuries to Trayvon's knuckles..... and a gunshot wound.... that's the extent of his injuries.
    Zim had a broken nose, 2 black eyes, and 2 cuts on the back of his head.

    it's simply false to say he had no injuries to his hands.... let the folks who say thins argue with the medical examiner who did the autopsy

  4. #194
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    That's his Story- keep the story part in mind. Martin had no bruising on his fists, which one would think would go along with punching Zimmerman "20-30" times. That and all the other inconsistencies in his story. Plus, he coulden't have hit his head on that sidewalk to many times, there was not even any blood back there. My brother fell down the stairs and hit his head on a vase and had to get stitches, which is nothing compared to getting your head slammed on a sidewalk. And on to Kentucky law, I came upon a court case in which a shootout between two men resulted in one being convicted of murder. And they both had guns. I seriously doubt Zimmerman would have had a chance.

    false, the medical examiner who did the autopsy noted injuries to TM knuckles.

    any other false claims you would like us to address ?

  5. #195
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    God, what a moron we have as a president. That idiot, again, tried to churn up racism, where there is none. What the hell kind of jerk president does that? Is he trying to incite violence by falsely claiming that race was involved here? Sharpton, Jackson, etc... the usual race peddlers, and now Obama. Political and financial gain is what obviously motivates these people.

    He might be Trayvon? What, a thug that punches someone because they are following him? Oh, just to point out what an idiot our mixed race president is, Zimmerman is the guy like him, mixed race. What a piece of garbage.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #196
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    First of all, your acting as if Zimmerman is an infant. He was a grown man, and could have fought back. And like I said before, I have seen worse "injuries" in schoolyard fights. Then there's the fact Zimmerman had legs (it keeps being overlooked), and could have kicked him off. That, and according to Zimmerman's story, after he shot Martin he said "All right, you got me" and got off of him. Apparently Zimmerman didn't know he had shot him in the heart when he recounted his version of events......
    No, not at all. I've just been around the block a time or two and can spot somebody that doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about from a mile off.

  7. #197
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Seeing as how "Stand Your Ground" wasn't a part of this case, I think it is incredibly telling that the guy in charge of the Justice Department - you know, the department tasked with enforcement of laws and prosecutions involving the Federal Government - doesn't know what law the legal situation is in this case.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  8. #198
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    Seeing as how "Stand Your Ground" wasn't a part of this case...
    What the wha?

    Um, it was central to the Zimmerman case.

    The jury instructions:

    If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What the wha?

    Um, it was central to the Zimmerman case.

    The jury instructions:

    If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    how does one retreat when another person is on top of them?

  10. #200
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What the wha?

    Um, it was central to the Zimmerman case.

    The jury instructions:

    If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    Where exactly can one retreat to if someone is on top of them beating them?

    Again, SYG had nothing to do with the case...
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •