Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 203

Thread: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

  1. #181
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    08-14-15 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    238

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    There is a "reasonable man" consideration, Democrat152. A reasonable man would no doubt think his life was in jeopardy if he'd had his nose probably/possibly broken, had a man straddling him and boinking his head against a 1,000# slab of concrete, and started wrestling for his gun. That's the story Zimmerman told. And the state could not disprove it.

    As to cherry-picking, it's your law. It's in your best interest to understand it -- in case somebody has pinned YOU down on the ground and is beating YOUR head against a sidewalk. Learn to use Google; it's your friend. Here's the link: http://legallyarmed.com/resources/kylaws23.pdf It's on Page 22. (All you have to do is Google part of what I posted, and it will come up. For future reference.)
    That's his Story- keep the story part in mind. Martin had no bruising on his fists, which one would think would go along with punching Zimmerman "20-30" times. That and all the other inconsistencies in his story. Plus, he coulden't have hit his head on that sidewalk to many times, there was not even any blood back there. My brother fell down the stairs and hit his head on a vase and had to get stitches, which is nothing compared to getting your head slammed on a sidewalk. And on to Kentucky law, I came upon a court case in which a shootout between two men resulted in one being convicted of murder. And they both had guns. I seriously doubt Zimmerman would have had a chance.

  2. #182
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    That's his Story- keep the story part in mind. Martin had no bruising on his fists, which one would think would go along with punching Zimmerman "20-30" times. That and all the other inconsistencies in his story. Plus, he coulden't have hit his head on that sidewalk to many times, there was not even any blood back there. My brother fell down the stairs and hit his head on a vase and had to get stitches, which is nothing compared to getting your head slammed on a sidewalk. And on to Kentucky law, I came upon a court case in which a shootout between two men resulted in one being convicted of murder. And they both had guns. I seriously doubt Zimmerman would have had a chance.

    Unfortunately for those of you whom are against a person defending themselves against an attack if the attacker is black, the verdict was not guilty....That you can't accept that, it's just too damned bad....We are a society of innocent until proven guilty, and all the speculation you wish to apply doesn't matter, what matters are the facts, and the prosecution had a piss poor case from the start.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #183
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    That's his Story- keep the story part in mind. Martin had no bruising on his fists, which one would think would go along with punching Zimmerman "20-30" times. That and all the other inconsistencies in his story. Plus, he coulden't have hit his head on that sidewalk to many times, there was not even any blood back there. My brother fell down the stairs and hit his head on a vase and had to get stitches, which is nothing compared to getting your head slammed on a sidewalk. And on to Kentucky law, I came upon a court case in which a shootout between two men resulted in one being convicted of murder. And they both had guns. I seriously doubt Zimmerman would have had a chance.
    Then show me, in that Kentucky statute I posted, exactly which one the state could have proved against Zimmerman beyond a reasonable doubt. #1? #2? #3? And explain yourself.

    You've lost here. You can't even admit you've been given food for thought.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #184
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    First of all, that would be very rude of you. I've seen the pictures of Zimmerman's "Injuries" and I can tell you, I was more beat up after a schoolyard brawl in elementary school. He got scared and shot him, Its pretty obvious to me. Then there's the fact we cant conclusively prove Martin is the one that made those "injuries" but, nevertheless, I've never known a mere fistfight to be fatal. If you hit me, it would hurt, and not much else. And unless you bashed my head over and over again very, very, hard, all I would have is a nice headache.
    yeah, it would be rather rude eh..I'll be polite, i promise

    on cinco de mayo, 2001, i punched my brother in law.. just a single solitary punch, with a lot of pent up anger behind it. ( he's 6' 225, i'm 6'4" 250)
    he didn't bleed, i didn't cut him..in fact, he showed very little outward injury.
    within seconds, he had pissed himself, started foaming at the mouth, and went into convulsions.. a few minutes later, he stopped breathing.
    by the time his breathing stopped, my anger had passed, so I started CPR while the wife called the ambulance.
    7 months later, he was released from the hospital.

    that single punched caused massive damage to his brain housing group.

    don't tell me that punches merely "hurt".. I know better.
    had I not stuck around to watch, in satisfaction, him flopping around and foaming... he'd be dead... and I would be in prison for murder.( rightfully so)
    he's stuck with not remembering anything about an entire year.. he doesn't remember me punching him, he doesn't remember the hospital stay, the multiple operations, the therapy... he remembers nothing.
    he was an asshole of the highest order, and i took a year from his life and gave him a lifelong medical problem... and I did so illegally ( for which I plead guilty and have paid a price)


    there are plenty of fatal fistfights... lots, in fact... it's an absurd notion to say there aren't, utterly absurd.

  5. #185
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yeah, it would be rather rude eh..I'll be polite, i promise

    on cinco de mayo, 2001, i punched my brother in law.. just a single solitary punch, with a lot of pent up anger behind it. ( he's 6' 225, i'm 6'4" 250)
    he didn't bleed, i didn't cut him..in fact, he showed very little outward injury.
    within seconds, he had pissed himself, started foaming at the mouth, and went into convulsions.. a few minutes later, he stopped breathing.
    by the time his breathing stopped, my anger had passed, so I started CPR while the wife called the ambulance.
    7 months later, he was released from the hospital.

    that single punched caused massive damage to his brain housing group.

    don't tell me that punches merely "hurt".. I know better.
    had I not stuck around to watch, in satisfaction, him flopping around and foaming... he'd be dead... and I would be in prison for murder.( rightfully so)
    he's stuck with not remembering anything about an entire year.. he doesn't remember me punching him, he doesn't remember the hospital stay, the multiple operations, the therapy... he remembers nothing.
    he was an asshole of the highest order, and i took a year from his life and gave him a lifelong medical problem... and I did so illegally ( for which I plead guilty and have paid a price)


    there are plenty of fatal fistfights... lots, in fact... it's an absurd notion to say there aren't, utterly absurd.
    10 y/o Joanna Ramos was punched in the head by an 11 y/o girl during a fight over a boy. one single punch to the head from an 11 y/o....6 hours later she was dead.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #186
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    10 y/o Joanna Ramos was punched in the head by an 11 y/o girl during a fight over a boy. one single punch to the head from an 11 y/o....6 hours later she was dead.
    punches to the head are no joke... that's for damn sure.

  7. #187
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    punches to the head are no joke... that's for damn sure.
    That's right, and for those in here trying to minimize, or even ignore the outward injuries to Z that night have NO clue what could have been the outcome, had a beating like that continued....But for the 'pot stirrers' in this world that doesn't matter, all that matters is how much they can stir the pot.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #188
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    Plus, he coulden't have hit his head on that sidewalk to many times, there was not even any blood back there..
    an outright lie. the first cop on the scene said there was blood back there. the EMTs said there was blood back there. an eyewitness said there was blood back there. multiple crime scene photos show there was blood back there.

    when you lie about something so obviously true...it makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #189
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yeah, i see that is a rather worthless argument.

    the same could be said about every criminal case we talk about, or have ever talked about...and will ever talk about

    we all know we weren't there.. we all know we don't know "exactly" what happened...this is why we rely on the evidence to draw the picture for us.
    But this isn't like every other criminaol case; it is no doubt similar to some.

    Because the "evidence," as you say, is exceedingly weak. That is, said "evidence" could never be used in a prosecutorial fashion. It was used by the defense to cast doubt on the alleged fault of Zimmerman.

    That's fine. That's normal defense procedure. But it does not cast Martin as the assailant. We're talking about one witness...who was the defendant!--and then another witness who had zero idea how the two men got into the position they were in.

    We just don't know. Zimmerman's story could be true...and that's all the defense needed.

    There's been a lot of talk about assumptions on the part of Martin's supporters; what's amazing is the same people who point out that we don't know if those assumptions are true are the ones who assume everything against the dead person.

    Based on...effectively nothing.

    Rooting for one's "team" is antithetical to truth in matters like this.
    ...for perhaps the most admirable among the admirable laws of Nature is the survival of the weakest.
    --Vladimir Nabokov

  10. #190
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Holder speaks out against 'Stand Your Ground' laws after Zimmerman verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Democrat152 View Post
    Says the guy whose only argument is speculation on what I watch for news.
    You can continue to attempt your spin, but the clear reality, based on your own words, is you have no clue when it comes to the Martin/Zimmerman case. Keep digging dude.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •