Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Asiana to sue S.F. TV station over bogus pilot names

  1. #81
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    The intern should get the comedian-of-the-year award.

    I don't blame the newscaster at all. She was given a script to read and she read it.

    There is no lawsuit whatsoever. There is no economic damage. There is nothing malicious.

  2. #82
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Asiana to sue S.F. TV station over bogus pilot names

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    This is so wrong!

    "Bay Area news station KTVU just reported that the pilots of Asiana's disastrous flight 214 were the crack team of "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk," and "Bang Ding Ow.""

    Watch the brief video of the television Newscast here:

    Asiana to sue S.F. TV station over bogus pilot names
    Uh - I think the airline's reputation was damaged when one of their PILOTS wrecked a plane and KILLED THREE PEOPLE. . . I mean - I'm going to forever remember that. People don't know how pilots are really employed, etc -it's going to forever be directly linked to the airline itself.

    The radio station should handle their crap journalism and research it in their own way - nothing serious enough came from it to where they could sue because of the NAME joke. They need to just let it go and not bring MORE attention to an already horrid event.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #83
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,273

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Korean newsanchor says it was "lucky" only Chinese were killed in Asiana crash.
    That's just Wong on so many levels.

  4. #84
    User ELNOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    07-08-17 @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    120

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    thanks for helping me make the point the others are missing on this thread ....

    btw, have Asian pilots had more plane crashes than non Asians?
    Lol heck, I don't know I was just joining in on the cruel fun. But if I had to make a guess I'd say they are probably good pilots where the electronics of the job are concerned. It's a sad story for sure but the joke potential is through the roof. When you consider everything. The pilots crash landing and the emergency vehicle running into people. The thing about stereotypes is there is usually a certain amount of legitimacy to them.
    Anyone driving slower than me is an idiot.
    Anyone driving faster than me is a maniac.
    ~ George Carlin

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    Lol heck, I don't know I was just joining in on the cruel fun. But if I had to make a guess I'd say they are probably good pilots where the electronics of the job are concerned. It's a sad story for sure but the joke potential is through the roof. When you consider everything. The pilots crash landing and the emergency vehicle running into people. The thing about stereotypes is there is usually a certain amount of legitimacy to them.
    stereotypes are the cognitive dimension of prejudices and are overgeneralizations asociated with racial or ethnic groups that go beyond the evidence we have for them, and they're the reason ethnic jokes are funny ... unfortunately, these jokes reinforce the sterotypes and therefore prejudices ...

  6. #86
    User ELNOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    07-08-17 @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    120

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    stereotypes are the cognitive dimension of prejudices and are overgeneralizations asociated with racial or ethnic groups that go beyond the evidence we have for them, and they're the reason ethnic jokes are funny ... unfortunately, these jokes reinforce the sterotypes and therefore prejudices ...
    Yea, I don't need to know how the clock works to know what time it is. If a joke is funny then it's funny. I've heard comedians of other races and ethnicities other than my own tell white jokes based on stereotypes and I laugh. I've heard jokes about a tragedy hours after it happens and if it's clever I laugh and repeat. Some people find jokes regarding recent tragedies or with stereotypical overtones offensive no matter how clever they are. I'm not one of those people. Yes, I know, if I had loved one on that plane I wouldn't laugh at the jokes but I didn't so I do.
    Anyone driving slower than me is an idiot.
    Anyone driving faster than me is a maniac.
    ~ George Carlin

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by ELNOR View Post
    Yea, I don't need to know how the clock works to know what time it is. If a joke is funny then it's funny. I've heard comedians of other races and ethnicities other than my own tell white jokes based on stereotypes and I laugh. I've heard jokes about a tragedy hours after it happens and if it's clever I laugh and repeat. Some people find jokes regarding recent tragedies or with stereotypical overtones offensive no matter how clever they are. I'm not one of those people. Yes, I know, if I had loved one on that plane I wouldn't laugh at the jokes but I didn't so I do.
    Have you come across any Newtown shooting jokes? If I come across any, I'll pass them on to you (since your child was not one of the children killed). Meanwhile, you're sure to enjoy these ...
    Public Shaming - Idiots Use Plane Crash in San Francisco to Mock Asians, Blame North Korea ... scroll down and you'll see some really funny lines ... enjoy ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •