Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: Asiana to sue S.F. TV station over bogus pilot names

  1. #61
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    It was a parody by whoever came up with the names. Since the news station confirmed the names with the NTSB, it cannot be considered libel.
    That may be the thing that gets them off. Now what I'd like to know is who at the NTSB confirmed that, and why wasn't the NSA listening to that call?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #62
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That may be the thing that gets them off. Now what I'd like to know is who at the NTSB confirmed that, and why wasn't the NSA listening to that call?
    My guess would be that there was a substitution of the names before they went on air...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #63
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    My guess would be that there was a substitution of the names before they went on air...
    Could be. In which case, then they should be suing the station because one of their employees thought it was a hilarious joke.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Could be. In which case, then they should be suing the station because one of their employees thought it was a hilarious joke.
    There is no law that says that you can successfully sue someone for making fun of you.

  5. #65
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Why do we laugh at such terrible things? Because comedy is often the sarcastic realization of inescapable tragedy.
    Bryant H. McGill
    It's amazing how few people understand that basic truth, however you want to phrase it.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #66
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That may be the thing that gets them off. Now what I'd like to know is who at the NTSB confirmed that, and why wasn't the NSA listening to that call?
    The NSA was listening - they were laughing too hard to take any action.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  7. #67
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    How Ron Burgundy stupid do you have to be to fall for that?

  8. #68
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    How would the airline have standing for a case like this?

    I could see the pilots themselves suing, but the airline?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    I think the airline is trying to save face but this is definitely not the way to go about it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #70
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,480

    Re: I Feel So Guilty for laughing......................................

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I think the airline is trying to save face but this is definitely not the way to go about it.
    They would have saved more face by making a statement that this blunder did not warrant a response as their number one concern at this time should be the passengers of that airline.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •