Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 272

Thread: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post


    So either love your kids, something you're supposed to do anyway, or give them up for adoption.

    Gee, that was complicated. Good thing we didn't need to savagely and violently kill anyone to solve it; that would have been needless and cruel.
    Yeah, because we don't have ANY kids waiting for adoption well into their teens.

    And please tell me how I am opposed to loving MY kids?

    Cruel is leaving them there to suffer. How heartless of you. Nice to see you are for BIG government making decisions for you.

  2. #262
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,113

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Bring in, as BORN. Not AFTER it's born like 3 years. Amazing how idiotic some conservatives are.
    your ad hominem aside, you are shifting arguments. Is Abortions' morality dependent on whether or not a child is a child, or whether or not it is loved by others?

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    your ad hominem aside, you are shifting arguments. Is Abortions' morality dependent on whether or not a child is a child, or whether or not it is loved by others?
    The morality of abortion is not dependent on anything except the mothers decision not to carry a child for 9 months. When you anti-abortionists figure out how to remove it out of the woman so it can continue to grow without her, then I'll give a **** about your whining and crying. Until then, put up the money for research or deal with it.

  4. #264
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, because we don't have ANY kids waiting for adoption well into their teens.
    That's true, we do. Kinda sucks.

    Tell you what though - when those kids are adults, if they're real sore about the whole not being violently killed in the womb thing, they can always kill themselves. You think it's less cruel or more cruel to just predict and assume someone's going to have a bad life and off them? To me that's kind of a pretty grievous violation of their autonomy, yeah.

    And please tell me how I am opposed to loving MY kids?
    Didn't say you didn't; don't take offense at nothing. General rule of thumb.

    Nice to see you are for BIG government making decisions for you.
    Yeah, silly me for wanting such a crazy big government that it bans murder.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,283

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I thought it would take Texas longer
    to become a blue state, but now I'm thinking less time ...
    Lol...how do you figure ? What makes you think Texans would want to mimic the mistakes and the stupidity of the Blue State Governments and their residents ? Of this President and his administration ?

    Since Obama's election in 2008 historically Blue States have turned to the Right, elected Republican Govenors, done away with draconian Pro-Union laws AND started to repair the damage from decades of Democrat idiocy.

    Blue Cities and States all over the Nation are going bankrupt, and its going to get much much worse because there is no economic recovery. The reality of Cities contemplating the selling of their most historical prized possesions nearly 5 years into Obama's failure counters the absolute BS from the likes of people like you.

    A supposed recovery. You people elected a incompetent based on plattitudes and lies. How ridiculous.

    As blue Cities give their pensioners a fraction of what they were promised, as they sell off anything of value like a crack addict looking for a fix your'e telling me voters from one of the reddest States in the Union are going to look at the example you people have set and turn this State blue ?

    Well, your'e a Liberal for a reason I suppose.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Yeah, silly me for wanting such a crazy big government that it bans murder.
    Murder is illegal, abortion is not illegal. Yes, you do like big governmnet. Maybe you should stop trying to fool anyone and make your lean "conservative". At least you would be honest then.

  7. #267
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Murder is illegal, abortion is not illegal.
    Murder is a specific criminal code; it is one criminal charge that may apply to an act of homicide.

    When talking specifically about what we want the government to do, I can pretty accurately say what I want it to do is "ban murder."



    Yes, you do like big governmnet. Maybe you should stop trying to fool anyone and make your lean "conservative". At least you would be honest then.
    I'm quite honest.

    Perhaps you should stop trying to fool us with your "lean?" Libertarianism is big on the principle of non-aggression. You want the government to do nothing in the face of lethal aggression against innocents.

  8. #268
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post

    Since Obama's election in 2008 historically Blue States have turned to the Right, elected Republican Govenors,
    ...
    Seems like you are forgeting the elections in 2012 where blue stats elected more democrats including reelecting President Obama.

    Yes, some blue states made a big mistake in 2010 during a time when our country was in a deep recession and voted in some Republican Governors.
    Many of those states paid dearly which is why they woke up and reelected President Obama.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lol...how do you figure ? What makes you think Texans would want to mimic the mistakes and the stupidity of the Blue State Governments and their residents ? Of this President and his administration ?

    Since Obama's election in 2008 historically Blue States have turned to the Right, elected Republican Govenors, done away with draconian Pro-Union laws AND started to repair the damage from decades of Democrat idiocy.

    Blue Cities and States all over the Nation are going bankrupt, and its going to get much much worse because there is no economic recovery. The reality of Cities contemplating the selling of their most historical prized possesions nearly 5 years into Obama's failure counters the absolute BS from the likes of people like you.

    A supposed recovery. You people elected a incompetent based on plattitudes and lies. How ridiculous.

    As blue Cities give their pensioners a fraction of what they were promised, as they sell off anything of value like a crack addict looking for a fix your'e telling me voters from one of the reddest States in the Union are going to look at the example you people have set and turn this State blue ?

    Well, your'e a Liberal for a reason I suppose.
    I have to say Fen, your posts always make me smile ... I'll put these predictions right next to the "Obama will lose by a landslide" one ... btw, I'm not a liberal ... if you want to find me, look to the left a lot more ...

    Texas, maybe blue as early as 2016? We'll see (although I think it will take a little longer).

  10. #270
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I have to say Fen, your posts always make me smile ... I'll put these predictions right next to the "Obama will lose by a landslide" one ... btw, I'm not a liberal ... if you want to find me, look to the left a lot more ...

    Texas, maybe blue as early as 2016? We'll see (although I think it will take a little longer).
    THis article predicts Texas will be turning Blue and be it may be sooner than many think.
    [QUOTE]

    From this article:
    Did the Supreme Court Just Turn Texas Blue?
    Supreme Court invalidated a key part of the Voting Rights Act that specifically covered Texas, state Attorney General Greg Abbott promised that his state, newly freed from federal oversight, would "immediately" implement its previously blocked voter ID law.
    <SNIP>


    "Registration rates are comparatively low in Texas because historically it has not been competitive and the Democratic Party in Texas has an abysmal record of outreach to minorities."

    That's changing. Democrats are now investing in organizing the state. They have a long way to go. But if the combination of Republican redistricting and voter ID regulations -- both of which inhibit minority power -- wake the sleeping nonwhite majority, the state's demographic wave could hit shore sooner than many realize. Under optimal circumstances, Barreto said the state could become a battleground in four to eight years.

    Republicans seem perversely eager to bring it on. After spending the morning gearing up to annoy blacks and Hispanics, Texas Republicans inspired a fiery filibuster by Democratic state legislator Wendy Davis that stretched into the night. By trying to regulate abortion rights out of existence, Texas Republicans made a national hero of Davis, who is already talking of running for governor. Altogether, quite a day.
    Did the Supreme Court Just Turn Texas Blue? - Bloomberg
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •