Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 272

Thread: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

  1. #201
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,941

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The ProLifers writing these laws don't care about that and they don't care about you. If you died, that is one less pro-choice voter. So why should they care anyway?
    Yep the pro lifers keep writing restrictive abortion laws that the courts have strike down costing tax payers a lot of money.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #202
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    But does everyone know that making abortions illegal does nothing to reduce them? Not you I guess. No matter how many times I tell you the data you refuse to understand it.
    Restricting women's access to safe legal abortions and birth control is how you get MORE abortions and 45,000 dead women a year besides.
    Some call that pro-life?
    I understand that making abortion illegal does not stop abortion. Everyone knows that.

    The point is: the title of your article is clearly misleading. There is no causation in the correlation presented in the title - the article clearly states such.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Pssssssssssst, Tigger....sex is a multifaceted thing. Intercourse is only one method. Now...I may be getting up there...and even senile, but not so much that I don't know that there's more than one way to skin a cat.
    RM, she and I are well aware of that. Neither of us are really interested in those activities. If we were willing to accept the risk of a potential pregnancy, then maybe we'd do something, but we are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    But "remaining celebate" violates the Bible's "go forth and populate the world." Your remaining celebate prevents God's plan and absolutely prevents NEW HUMAN LIFE per the laws of God and nature. So you'd have no problem if Texas passed a law outlawing contraceptives and declaring a marriage in which the couples do not have sex or time sex to avoid pregnancy is declared nullified and the couple no longer has married status - right? Texas certainly should be able to outlaw behavior it deems immoral and certainly immoral behavior that prevents new human life.
    I'm not a Christian, joko. The Bible is not the moral guidepost that I use to run my life.

    I would have a serious issue with Texas (or any state) suggesting that the only purpose of sex is procreation, and that couples MUST have children. I've never said anything about denying people contraceptives. HOWEVER, I do believe that people need to accept that they are not GUARANTEED to stop pregnancy from occuring and that if they fail the couple is responsible for the life it has created.

  4. #204
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I understand that making abortion illegal does not stop abortion. Everyone knows that.

    The point is: the title of your article is clearly misleading. There is no causation in the correlation presented in the title - the article clearly states such.
    So everyone knows the anti-abortion movement is not to stop abortions? Then what is it about? I want to know.

  5. #205
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,565

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So everyone knows the anti-abortion movement is not to stop abortions? Then what is it about? I want to know.
    Well I assume the anti-gun people would like to make all guns illegal, but you never hear the gun lobby say something like that because they know it's impossible, so they seek as many restrictions on guns as possible. I imagine the anti-abortion people go along with that line of thinking. They want restrictions because they know it's impossible to make it totally illegal, and they are going about the legal process to achieve those goals like any other lobby. What is your problem with that? also, if you don't think 20 weeks is the time to make it illegal to abort a child, at what point do you think it should become illegal? I want to know
    Last edited by JoeTrumps; 07-15-13 at 04:29 PM.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    When we know that
    there is no "statistically significant" problem....and there's a lot of evidence to show that what most often claim is some horrible everyday ongoing events of abortion that are nothing but acts that reflect total irresponsibility...isn't true.

    Bush himself pushed for and got the Partial Birth Act passed in 2004.

    Let's toss out the emotionalism...and talk about true facts regarding abortion

    Pro-birth advocates simply don't want any abortion to occur. Yes, some make exceptions. But most don't and will go to any length to end abortion.
    You mean the 2003 Partial Birth Abortion BAN act ?

    Is that what you meant to say ?

  7. #207
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I have no problem with the morning after pill or condoms. However, I don't see what that has to do with the government. Why should they get free things and the rest of us have to pay for it?.
    Well as far as the morning after control pill is concerned a number of people here have argued for age restrictions on the morning after pill (something that would actually increase late term abortions) regardless of who is paying for it. But if condoms in schools help prevent lower number of children whose parents won't be able to care for them independently is going to save money in the long run. You may well argue that the sate shouldn't be supporting these people but surely the children of irresponsible parents are just as innocent as the unborn? Regardless even if you don't like the government spending money then surely avoiding the dismemberment of what is for all intents and purposes a sentient human being should be one exception.

  8. #208
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    So everyone knows the anti-abortion movement is not to stop abortions? Then what is it about? I want to know.
    Does murder law stop murders? It's ethics, sociologicalismary stuffs.

    Although murder might not be the best example, since the death penalty promotes it.

  9. #209
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You mean the 2003 Partial Birth Abortion BAN act ?

    Is that what you meant to say ?
    OH DEAR GOD! OH...MY DEAR GOD! YES...YES...YES...The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003...you've caught me in a very minor mistake. Please forgive me. I beg of you.

    My...I said 2004...I need to be executed.

    And you bringing this to our attention is because? So you think that most all didn't know what I was bringing to the discussion? Or that it was so flawed that it couldn't provide the context in which I used it.

    YOU ARE A GENIUS!

  10. #210
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,558

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    With that message you don't even pretend at integrity anymore nor is the issue at what point should abortion be legal. That is just you and others absolutely determined to derail 100% of all topics of any kind to the "baby killing" debate.

    No, none have closed. OH HOW CLEVER YOU ARE. The governor has not yet signed the bill so it isn't law yet. So none have closed yet. OH, gosh, you thought you'd just slide that little detail past.
    The question isn't about "every hospital in the country," is it?

    Oh, yeah, you forgot this reality everyone knows too. ProLifers are absolute that NO TAX money goes to abortion. And that means??? ANY HOSPITAL THAT WOULD DO AN ABORTION LOSES ALL PUBLIC FUNDS. So no, hospitals will not do abortions.

    Then you propose that - between boob jobs - plastic surgeons are who should do abortions. Forced to by the government? Do plastic surgeons know anything about abortions? Your claim that with this new law, plastic surgeons are going to hire a security force, put bars on their windows, relocate their homes to secret locations, and risk assassination, arson, bombing and armies of protestors because...??



    That has to be possibly the most absurd proposal on the abortion topic this month: Your proposal of "Then plastic surgeons will do abortions."

    There is absolute ZERO reality OR integrity in that rebuttal.

    BUT IT IS YOUR CLAIM:

    LIST ALL PLASTIC SURGEONS IN TEXAS WHO HAVE STATED THAT WITH THIS NEW LAW THEY WILL START DOING ABORTIONS - - - and your answer tells your level of integrity in your messages.

    In terms of proposals, despite your messages, your messages are the most bizarre radical ProLife messages currently on the forum in content.
    1) I stated that they haven't closed yet, because I don't think they will close at all, as I explained. You are making claims that they will all 100% close, no doubt. Just because they are out of regs now does not mean they can not buy what they need to meet the standards. I also pointed out that all plastic surgeons and hospitals have to meet more strenuous requirements, and still manage to do it.

    2) My belief that 12 weeks is a reasonable elective cutoff is the most radical pro-life views on the forum? How many people have you talked to on this forum? You've never met anyone who wants to outlaw all abortion?

    Oh, and acting like a child doesn't help your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •