Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 272

Thread: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

  1. #171
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If it's so rare, why is everybody losing their ****? I don't support any elective abortions past 12 weeks. After that, exceptions should be made for medical cases of the mother or extreme deformities for the child.

    If elective abortions simply aren't happening late, there should be no problem restricting them. I think most of you are just afraid it will prevent women who have medical cases or fetuses with deformities from getting an abortion. We should structure our laws so that this is not the case. Simply allowing all abortions with zero oversight is not the solution to make that happen.




    Ok? The morning after is still available. If they want an abortion later than that, they need to find a clinic that can meet the regulations.
    There are none in Texas under the new law.

  2. #172
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Obviously that's not true otherwise you'd support the bill.
    Liar. Extreme liar in your message about me and my message history.

  3. #173
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    They're not waiting until it's more expensive. It becomes more expensive as they wait. However, it doesn't become so expensive that it's unreachable. For example: Imagine you want to buy X on week Z. However, the longer you wait, the more X goes up in value. Only the rising of this value is not so high that you don't catch up to it by week Y.

    So using numbers: Say that before week 4 an abortion costs 400. A woman is not able to afford an abortion within the first 4 weeks because she can only put away 50$ a week. By week 8, the abortion cost goes up to 450. The woman by week 8 is still not able to afford it. However, by week 9, she's gathered enough money to afford it.

    4weeks x 50 = $200 : Abortion cost 400. - She can't afford it.
    8weeks x 50 = $400 : Abortion cost 450 - She can't afford it.

    9th week: Woman has gotten 450 dollars - she can afford it however at a higher price than if she had gotten it in week 4.

    To figure the cost of an abortion under the new Texas law, you have to calculate the costs of traveling to another state into that and traveling to the airport or driving over 1000 miles round trip to do so - and then the cost of the abortion in that state.

  4. #174
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There are none in Texas under the new law.
    Short little ambiguous one-liners are not a rebuttal. I don't even know what you're talking about. None of what? Abortion clinics? Morning after pills? Abortions? Abortion pills? Laws?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #175
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    joko, the answer is very simple..... IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT THE CHILD YOU MIGHT CREATE - DON'T HAVE THE SEX THAT MIGHT CREATE IT!!!!!
    Easy for a person who doesn't have sex to propose?

  6. #176
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    It's not. Go down to Wal-Greens and pick up your prescription or OTC.
    That is outlawed under the Texas law. In fact, under the new Texas no facility in the State of Texas can do so. Essentially those pills are outlawed in Texas by outlawing all 24 facilities that offered them.

  7. #177
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That is outlawed under the Texas law. In fact, under the new Texas no facility in the State of Texas can do so. Essentially those pills are outlawed in Texas by outlawing all 24 facilities that offered them.
    The morning after pill is not effected by the legislation. It is still OTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #178
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Since the law effectively outlaws all abortion facilities, under the law there is no facility for any abortions - chemical or surgical - including rape or to save the mother - or to remove a dead fetus or any reason.

    19 of the 24 facilities in a state larger than all of New England by nearly double are summarily closed for not being surgical facilities - which no "emergency clinic" is required to be - and the other 5 do not have hospital admitting rights - for which the threat of terrorist attacks by radical ProLifers no rational hospital administration would allow.

  9. #179
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Since the law effectively outlaws all abortion facilities, under the law there is no facility for any abortions - chemical or surgical - including rape or to save the mother - or to remove a dead fetus or any reason.

    19 of the 24 facilities in a state larger than all of New England by nearly double are summarily closed for not being surgical facilities - which no "emergency clinic" is required to be - and the other 5 do not have hospital admitting rights - for which the threat of terrorist attacks by radical ProLifers no rational hospital administration would allow.
    1) Reducing it to 5 does not effectively outlaw it, there'd be 5.

    2) You have zero proof that 19 abortion clinics will now close because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #180
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Short little ambiguous one-liners are not a rebuttal. I don't even know what you're talking about. None of what? Abortion clinics? Morning after pills? Abortions? Abortion pills? Laws?
    No facilities to do abortions or administer chemical abortion ("abortion pill.")

    MAPs work 3 ways, including as the 3rd safeguard by preventing attachment to the placenta. If "single cell conception" could even theoretically be determined, MAPs are also illegal in Texas under the new law and any conception that can be determined is banned from unauthorized facilities administering any drug that may prevent the pregnancy continuing.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •