Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 272

Thread: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions[W:240]

  1. #101
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That is really what is it all about. Forcing women to resort to dangerous illegal abortions like in other countries where it is illegal. The pro-illegal abortionists strike again.



    Abortion Rates Are Higher In Countries Where Procedure Is Illegal, Study Finds
    From your source:

    Experts couldn't say whether more liberal laws led to fewer procedures, but said good access to birth control in those countries resulted in fewer unwanted pregnancies.
    What a misleading title.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,299

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Well, PG...as a
    native Texan, I have no intention of leaving, if for no other reason to annoy the hell out of the moral fascists in Texas.
    The people who want to limit, not stop a woman from killing her unborn child are the " moral fascist " ?

    How on Earth could a Native Texan be so twisted on such a important issue ?

    How could a Native Texan be so susceptable to the obvious false Narratives of the Democrat party ?

  3. #103
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Unfortunately limiting the number of clinics to 4 will have a disasterous effect on abortions in Texas putting back room abortions all over the state.


    Soooo... let me get this straight... greater regulation of an industry has a negative impact of the proliferation of that industry?

    Whoa, as a conservative that thought just never occurred to me before!


    Abortion clinics and voting booths are the only places under the Sun that Democrats refuse to regulate...

  4. #104
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Soooo... let me get this straight... greater regulation of an industry has a negative impact of the proliferation of that industry?

    Whoa, as a conservative that thought just never occurred to me before!


    Abortion clinics and voting booths are the only places under the Sun that Democrats refuse to regulate...
    It's not the regulation it's the fact that only 4 clinics in the entire state of Texas will not stop women from having abortions. It means we will be going back to illegal abortions which will be bad for women. Untrained and unqualified people performing abortions is a big step backward. But you already know this I am sure.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  5. #105
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,512

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The people who want to limit, not stop a woman from killing her unborn child are the " moral fascist " ?

    How on Earth could a Native Texan be so twisted on such a important issue ?

    How could a Native Texan be so susceptable to the obvious false Narratives of the Democrat party ?
    Are you a Texan?

  6. #106
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,512

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    My one question for the law would be if it includes something like Virginia tried and Wisconsin has, that has the government mandating medical procedures be performed prior to an abortion (ie the transvaginal ultrasound)?
    Well, in Texas...not at this time. But I suspect if our moral fascists who control the Texas government, will have all women testing monthly to see if they are pregnant and if they test positive they will be sent to birthing compounds and be held there until they actually give birth. That way they can completely make sure that no abortion ever occurs.

    Meanwhile back at the capitol of Texas, they work vigorously to revamp the education system even more than they have to ensure that no science or civic classes or taught...and the majority of their curriculum will be course on creationism.

    And they have been working extra hard to end most social programs which are for born children who are born into poverty, or suffer from abuse, abandonment, neglect and medical services.

    Texas legislators should be made saints by the catholic church.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,299

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    It's not the regulation it's the fact that only 4 clinics in the entire state of Texas will
    not stop women from having abortions. It means we will be going back to illegal abortions which will be bad for women. Untrained and unqualified people performing abortions is a big step backward. But you already know this I am sure.
    Thats all you people have. Your demagogy and hyperbolic predictions.

    You have No idea whats going to happen in Texas and you guys keep spouting this nonsense and made up constructs of back alley abortions because your argument literally has no merit.


    No, protecting the rights of the unborn is not going backwards and limiting the Liberal Doctrine, the Democrat agenda in any way is a huge win for any State.

    Texas is what it is today because of it's leaders political comitment to Conservatism.

    It's why we're the destination for so many jobless Northerners and people from the plague State of California.

  8. #108
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Thats all you people have. Your demagogy and hyperbolic predictions.

    You have No idea whats going to happen in Texas and you guys keep spouting this nonsense and made up constructs of back alley abortions because your argument literally has no merit.


    No, protecting the rights of the unborn is not going backwards and limiting the Liberal Doctrine, the Democrat agenda in any way is a huge win for any State.

    Texas is what it is today because of it's leaders political comitment to Conservatism.

    It's why we're the destination for so many jobless Northerners and people from the plague State of California.
    Oh but I do know what is going to happen in Texas. The whole reason for my post. You refuse to see the obvious. Closing clinics will NOT stop abortions.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  9. #109
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I've kept largely silent on this issue with my friends and family because there are quite a few of them who would judge me, if not for my opinion then for the experiences which have shaped it.

    ...


    As for the actual procedure:

    I was escorted into one of 5 "operating" rooms. The other four were also filled at the same time. The doctor came in after completing abortions in two of the other rooms (I waited maybe 5 minutes). When he entered the room, he washed his hands, verbally berated one of the nurses for selecting the wrong size tube for the evacuation device, and then rather forcefully positioned me on the table. He then looked at my chart, sighed in annoyance, and complained that I hadn't been administered the requested pain meds and he didn't have time to wait for stupid nurses to do their jobs. So the nurse hurriedly injects me with the medication and before it had even had time to take effect, he unceremoniously jammed the tube where the sun doesn't shine.

    I have had kidney stones. I had stones in my gallbladder the size of golf balls. I've had major surgery. NOTHING has ever hurt as badly as that abortion procedure hurt. I went to my regular OBGYN the next Monday because I was convinced the doctor had caused injury during the procedure. Thankfully, other than some cervical scarring (which I'm told PROBABLY won't affect my ability to have children later), no serious damage was done. The procedure itself lasted about 45 seconds. The doctor took off his gloves and left the room without a word once he'd finished. He never even addressed me during his time in the room. After he left, the nurse handed me a pad the size of Wisconsin and walked out of the room. I was in pretty serious pain at that point and it took me a minute or two to get off the table and begin dressing. Apparently, this was too long for the clinic staff, because they came into the room and actually YELLED at me to get dressed and go to "recovery"..

    Tess I am so sorry about the horrid expedience you had at the abortion clinic.

    You were their patient and they should have treated you with respect and kindness.

    It sounds like they were very unprofessional and the Doctor who treated you sounds like he was very rude and overbearing which might be part of the reason the nurses were on edge also.

    As a medial doctor he never should have gone forward with the procedure when you were not yet medicated and prepared.

    He should have left the room , recomposed himself , allowed the meds to work before returning and as gently and calmly as he could go ahead and proceed with the procedure.

    It is really unforgivable what he did to you.

    Did you or your personal doctor ever follow up with a letter to your county or state health department or to the director of the clinic?

    That doctor should have been investigated for treating you so rough and scarring your cervix.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  10. #110
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Texas Senate passes sweeping new abortion restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Oh but I do know what is going to happen in Texas. The whole reason for my post. You refuse to see the obvious. Closing clinics will NOT stop abortions.
    The point is, you have no idea if the clinics will close or not. Nobody has looked at the books or finances of Texas abortion clinics. All of this is based on abortion clinic owners saying "If you pass this, we can't afford it and will close".

    It's completely and total BS. Abortion is a BIG money game, and it will take a few bucks to meet regulations, but then they'll just keep on chucking. I suspect a lot of clinics will move into hospitals in order to meet the requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •