Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 427

Thread: Texas Senate confiscates tampons while debating anti-abortion bill [W:155]

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Wait - it's dishonest to worry more about loaded guns in the hands of idiots than about tampons and maxi-pads? Dude, thou needest a reality check in the worst way.
    The people with guns didn't make any threats. The people with tampons did make threats. That's the difference. They were checked, not because people are afraid of tampons, but because they were legitimately concerned about threats.

  2. #272
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Interesting, so cardboard and cotton are a threat these days to Texas 'conservatives'.
    It was a specific threat of disturbance. Ignoring it would be inconsiderate to all those involved.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Interesting, so cardboard and cotton are a threat these days to Texas 'conservatives'. now there is a Texas Representative in the US Congress wants to punish school districts for 'wussy' zero tolerance rules on violence yet his fellow party members at the state level fear cardboard and cotton.

    The 'no real inconvenience' excuse flies directly in the face of much of what the 'conservatives' say they stand for. The need vs want argument on everything from mag capacity to number of weapons you can buy a day in some areas. this fiasco at the entry points just shows how easily those who wail about an over reaching government are quick to go far beyond any law in their attempt to stifle political protest.

    There are laws against assault, battery if the wimps in the Texas senate want to hide behind them in defense of cotton and cardboard- and really, do you think ANY lawmaker would be hit much less hurt?

    For all some call our current President King, there are quite a few Texas GOP senators who are not against stifling the 'peasants' and quelling any protest on a rumor.
    There was a threat and they confiscated everything they thought might be used as a projectile and thrown at legislators. This is NOT unreasonable. Those tampons could have been used, and THAT is a biological hazard.

  4. #274
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,900

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The people with guns didn't make any threats. The people with tampons did make threats. That's the difference. They were checked, not because people are afraid of tampons, but because they were legitimately concerned about threats.
    It doesn't matter what you say; while ignoring the facts--that the DPS received a tip, following which the troopers searched every bag and confiscated stuff that could be thrown, which included jars of feces as well as tampons--the meme is being whipped up that Texas senators and troopers are askeered of tampons and--aha!!--this is proof of their lack of respect for women, and blah-blah-blah.

  5. #275
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Who said anything about shot? You sound like the liberals! A firearm isn't loaded after you decide to use it, it gets loaded and waits for someone to take the safety off, alinge the weapon properly and squeeze the trigger. Carrying a loaded firearm should never mean 'gonna go kill me someone' to a dedicated 'conservative'
    He certainly did suggest using them as "a solution" but I guess your concern only extends to anyone who isn't Republican (the only good one being a dead one amirite?).

    So, in answer to my question, nobody. Not surprised.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    It doesn't matter what you say; while ignoring the facts--that the DPS received a tip, following which the troopers searched every bag and confiscated stuff that could be thrown, which included jars of feces as well as tampons--the meme is being whipped up that Texas senators and troopers are askeered of tampons and--aha!!--this is proof of their lack of respect for women, and blah-blah-blah.
    That was going to be my next point, that they didn't JUST confiscate tampons and pads. Those were just among many things that were confiscated.

  7. #277
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're saying they should be shot? Be interesting to see who, if anyone, takes issue with your proposed solution.
    If they brought loaded shotguns, nobody would have confiscated them.

    Maybe we need a "right to bear feminine hygeine products" amendment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    There was a threat and they confiscated everything they thought might be used as a projectile and thrown at legislators. This is NOT unreasonable. Those tampons could have been used, and THAT is a biological hazard.
    Okay - there's a threat that guys are going to throw their skivvy shorts (that's briefs for all you sidewalking sandcrabs), so it's NOT UNREASONABLE to require to confiscate all men's skivvy shorts!

  9. #279
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,900

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That was going to be my next point, that they didn't JUST confiscate tampons and pads. Those were just among many things that were confiscated.
    Don't bother them with facts; their minds are already made up.

    What's lost in this discussion is the fact that the protesters hoped to so disrupt the proceedings that the vote, once again, wouldn't be taken. Oh, and that they were willing to assault their elected reps with excrement.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Okay - there's a threat that guys are going to throw their skivvy shorts (that's briefs for all you sidewalking sandcrabs), so it's NOT UNREASONABLE to require to confiscate all men's skivvy shorts!
    I call them underwear, but whatever. Yes, if there is a threat, nobody knows what could be in the underwear. YOU can assume they are clean new underwear if you prefer, but they could contain just about anything.

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •