Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 427

Thread: Texas Senate confiscates tampons while debating anti-abortion bill [W:155]

  1. #261
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Inconsiderate would be ignoring a specific threat and allowing the proceedings to be disturbed in a planned action.
    Since we're talking about something non-lethal which doesn't result in property destruction, it's refusing to penalize the innocent for the idiocy of the conspirators. In a case like that it is considerate to punish the guilty for what they're actually guilty of doing, not what they might do.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #262
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    And felony robbery.
    If that's how you like to characterize it, that's your opinion.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #263
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't really care. Like I said, I might think they were weird, but it's a friggin tampon. I have a whole box at home.
    I've been to football games that wouldn't allow umbrellas into the stadium. I don't fully understand it. I'm guessing it has to do with blocking other people's views, but I never thought of it as some civil rights violation.

  4. #264
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    The protesters need to bring loaded shotguns to the meeting in order to pursue the Republican advocated "second amendment solutions" to this problem.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've been to football games that wouldn't allow umbrellas into the stadium. I don't fully understand it. I'm guessing it has to do with blocking other people's views, but I never thought of it as some civil rights violation.
    Good point. It must have to do with blocking people's views.

    Regarding the OP, they might have been able to handle the situation a bit better, but I'm sure they were only thinking of everyone's safety and avoiding any problems. I don't think the idea was to "oppress" women by taking their tampons away. That is completely ridiculous and hyperbolic IMO.

    If people could conduct themselves as adults instead of acting like a bunch of spoiled children, we wouldn't have to resort to such measures.

    I'm still more shocked by those disgusting signs than anything else. After seeing those signs that children were carrying, those protesters are nothing but totally insane losers in my eyes. I would think any person with half a brain would ignore any message those protesters are trying to spread just because of those vile signs. I certainly don't take them seriously.

  6. #266
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Good point. It must have to do with blocking people's views.

    Regarding the OP, they might have been able to handle the situation a bit better, but I'm sure they were only thinking of everyone's safety and avoiding any problems. I don't think the idea was to "oppress" women by taking their tampons away. That is completely ridiculous and hyperbolic IMO.
    It would certainly be hyperbolic to call it oppression or a crime against humanity, just like I think it's hyperbolic to refer to this as a safety issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm still more shocked by those disgusting signs than anything else. After seeing those signs that children were carrying, those protesters are nothing but totally insane losers in my eyes. I would think any person with half a brain would ignore any message those protesters are trying to spread just because of those vile signs. I certainly don't take them seriously.
    I'm about as fond of them as I am of the pictures of dismembered fetuses.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #267
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    The protesters need to bring loaded shotguns to the meeting in order to pursue the Republican advocated "second amendment solutions" to this problem.
    You're saying they should be shot? Be interesting to see who, if anyone, takes issue with your proposed solution.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    I absolutely agree...



    Since dishonesty seems to be your policy, I will leave you alone.

    Have a good one.
    Wait - it's dishonest to worry more about loaded guns in the hands of idiots than about tampons and maxi-pads? Dude, thou needest a reality check in the worst way.

  9. #269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It was a reaction to a specific threat and no real inconvenience for anyone.
    Interesting, so cardboard and cotton are a threat these days to Texas 'conservatives'. now there is a Texas Representative in the US Congress wants to punish school districts for 'wussy' zero tolerance rules on violence yet his fellow party members at the state level fear cardboard and cotton.

    The 'no real inconvenience' excuse flies directly in the face of much of what the 'conservatives' say they stand for. The need vs want argument on everything from mag capacity to number of weapons you can buy a day in some areas. this fiasco at the entry points just shows how easily those who wail about an over reaching government are quick to go far beyond any law in their attempt to stifle political protest.

    There are laws against assault, battery if the wimps in the Texas senate want to hide behind them in defense of cotton and cardboard- and really, do you think ANY lawmaker would be hit much less hurt?

    For all some call our current President King, there are quite a few Texas GOP senators who are not against stifling the 'peasants' and quelling any protest on a rumor.

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're saying they should be shot? Be interesting to see who, if anyone, takes issue with your proposed solution.
    Who said anything about shot? You sound like the liberals! A firearm isn't loaded after you decide to use it, it gets loaded and waits for someone to take the safety off, alinge the weapon properly and squeeze the trigger. Carrying a loaded firearm should never mean 'gonna go kill me someone' to a dedicated 'conservative'

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •