Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 427

Thread: Texas Senate confiscates tampons while debating anti-abortion bill [W:155]

  1. #211
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    This isn't about problem solving, it's about the fact that the practice of taking them was an absurd, immoral overreaction.
    For a minute there, it was about the problem of not having a tampon ready. You continue to abandon every useless argument you present.

  2. #212
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    So you don't care about security warnings, avoiding problems or dealing with direct security concerns.

    All you care about is guns? Then go to the gun control subforum and post away.
    What I am saying is that when we're talking about an environment where lethal weapons are permitted, it is completely insane to take away tampons.

    I don't care about guns, I care about consistency. Just about every time I've piped up on this forum for some time now, that's what I've piped up about.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #213
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    For a minute there, it was about the problem of not having one. You continue to abandon every useless argument you present.
    Actually, it's about both. I'm mad about the inconsistency, and until someone can show me where I can read about what kind of advance notice people had about the tampons, I'm not just going to take someone's word for it.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #214
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    What I am saying is that when we're talking about an environment where lethal weapons are permitted, it is completely insane to take away tampons.

    I don't care about guns, I care about consistency. Just about every time I've piped up on this forum for some time now, that's what I've piped up about.

    At this point, you've dropped every lame argument you attempted and you've resorted to spamming BS about guns. Go to the gun control forum if that is ALL you care about.

  5. #215
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    At this point, you've dropped every lame argument you attempted and you've resorted to spamming BS about guns. Go to the gun control forum if that is ALL you care about.
    I have? Really? Whatever you say.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  6. #216
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,637

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    They were free to put one in before entering the event. I presume one would last through the event.
    You wouldn't want to presume. Furthermore, when it is a social custom and expectation to have women carry them on her person at nearly all times, you wouldn't think this would be a disproportionate response?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #217
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    What I am saying is that when we're talking about an environment where lethal weapons are permitted, it is completely insane to take away tampons.

    I don't care about guns, I care about consistency. Just about every time I've piped up on this forum for some time now, that's what I've piped up about.

    If a tampon is used as a weapon, it's an "arm" right? You have a right to bear those. Doesn't say the word "guns" it says "arms."

    Just because the weapon isn't lethal doesn't change that.

    I think as liberals we need to start speaking the same language as conservatives. Don't show up with tampons, show up with loaded shotguns.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #218
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I have? Really? Whatever you say.
    Yes, you have:

    1. They were not given notice.
    2. They were not given a choice.
    3. The items were stolen.
    4. They NEEDED a spare tampon - as if one would not last for the event.

    All BS.

    The only thing you have left is "GUNS!!11!!" and that does not constitute an informed and critical argument.

  9. #219
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Yes, you have:

    1. They were not given notice.
    2. They were not given a choice.
    3. The items were stolen.
    4. They NEEDED a spare tampon - as if one would not last for the event.

    All BS.

    The only thing you have left is "GUNS!!11!!" and that does not constitute an informed and critical argument.
    I haven't abandoned any of those points. I've consistently argued whatever particular point of mine someone wanted to take issue with.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    What I am saying is that when we're talking about an environment where lethal weapons are permitted, it is completely insane to take away tampons.

    I don't care about guns, I care about consistency. Just about every time I've piped up on this forum for some time now, that's what I've piped up about.
    The difference is the people with weapons weren't threatening to use them. The people with tampons had plans.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •