Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 427

Thread: Texas Senate confiscates tampons while debating anti-abortion bill [W:155]

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I have already said I was perfectly fine with the stealing of someone's feces or urine and a variety of other items in the name of capital building security. I have also already said that those who throw things should be punished.

    You need to read my posts before you try to check me.
    No, I'm noting the fact that you seemed to feel a need to call the legislators (who are perhaps trying to protect themselves from being assaulted) as "jackasses," yet ignore the other side's jackassery.

  2. #162
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, I'm noting the fact that you seemed to feel a need to call the legislators (who are perhaps trying to protect themselves from being assaulted) as "jackasses," yet ignore the other side's jackassery.
    Actually, I've been talking about the security people the whole time. They stole personal property for no good reason without giving clear notice that they were going to do so.

    "Because a Republican told me so" is not a good reason.

    ETA: Assuming of course that that's what happened to begin with. As I said, my beef is with security.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #163
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    It seems to me it would matter how the tampons were being carried. If it's one or two in a purse, it was probably an over reaction. If people were bringing them in by the case, I'd hope people in this thread would have enough common sense that those would probably not be for personal use.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Actually, I've been talking about the security people the whole time. They stole personal property for no good reason without giving clear notice that they were going to do so.

    "Because a Republican told me so" is not a good reason.

    ETA: Assuming of course that that's what happened to begin with. As I said, my beef is with security.
    If it was returned or offered to be returned as the people left the building it is NOT stealing either, so you're wrong on that point too. That would be temporary confiscation.

  5. #165
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Actually, I've been talking about the security people the whole time. They stole personal property for no good reason without giving clear notice that they were going to do so.

    "Because a Republican told me so" is not a good reason.

    ETA: Assuming of course that that's what happened to begin with. As I said, my beef is with security.
    Ok this is funny. When we're talking about those throwing them, they're excused because tampons are light and there not much to them, confiscate them though and suddenly it's grand theft of this valuable thing.

  6. #166
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If it was returned or offered to be returned as the people left the building it is NOT stealing either, so you're wrong on that point too. That would be temporary confiscation.
    Did you take it by force with no advance warning? You stole it. It isn't stealing if people are made aware beforehand AND they get to choose whether or not they will give up their personal property AND it is returned to them later.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It seems to me it would matter how the tampons were being carried. If it's one or two in a purse, it was probably an over reaction. If people were bringing them in by the case, I'd hope people in this thread would have enough common sense that those would probably not be for personal use.
    Well, in the picture, the guy seems to be holding individual feminine hygiene products, not in a box. I think it was kind of stupid, but at the same time, I can't blame them. I wouldn't want a bunch of vicious women throwing their feminine hygiene products at me either.

    I still can't get over the signs that the children were holding. Those people have to be some of the biggest losers on earth.

  8. #168
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok this is funny. When we're talking about those throwing them, they're excused because tampons are light and there not much to them, confiscate them though and suddenly it's grand theft of this valuable thing.
    Read my posts before you try to check me. I've said repeatedly in this very thread that people who throw things should be punished.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Did you take it by force with no advance warning? You stole it. It isn't stealing if people are made aware beforehand AND they get to choose whether or not they will give up their personal property AND it is returned to them later.
    Yes, they have a choice. They can choose not to attend. No, advanced warning does not have to be given when you enter a public building. It's a part of security. I had my nail file taken out of my purse and temporarily confiscated when I entered a court house before, and there were no signs specifying that my nail file could be taken.

  10. #170
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Guns Yes, Tampons NO! Welcome to Texas, Y'all!

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Did you take it by force with no advance warning? You stole it. It isn't stealing if people are made aware beforehand AND they get to choose whether or not they will give up their personal property AND it is returned to them later.
    No one was forced to view the proceedings. People were made aware beforehand, they made their decision and, if they wanted, they could get their (extra) tampons returned.

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •