Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 402

Thread: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

  1. #51
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So furloughs were unnecessary. Anyone else believe this surplus story?
    Sure. The same clowns that run around falsely claiming Clinton delivered a "surplus".

  2. #52
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Somehow I think Republicans worse fear is Obama leaving office with both a surplus/nearly balanced budget and a strong economy....
    I don't think that.....

    I believe!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #53
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    Sure. The same clowns that run around falsely claiming Clinton delivered a "surplus".
    Surplus occurs when revenues > expenditures for some predefined period of time.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #54
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    I disagree. Where are the gold bugs?



    I would. While the "blue-chip" data releases are rather hum-ho, a deeper look shows an actual recovery. It just so happens that recoveries that follow financial crises are drawn out due to the deleveraging nature of the cycle. Deleveraging and liquidation does not happen all at once; and even if it did, its not something you want. Reason be, it leads to a market being dictated by emotion rather than fundamentals.



    True, but take into consideration this unchartered territory. Market makers have never navigated 4 years of ZIRP. We should expect the Fed-fighting-speculators to take a bath every now and then.
    I don't know or care where the gold bugs are. I don't follow gold and think that's something only extremists on both the left and right pay attention to.

    Meanwhile, the bulls have done very well in this market. Are you trying to say that all the democrats are bulls and all the republicans are bears? You trying to say that the republicans are taking a bath in a bull market? So much for the theory that they're the evil rich manipulators of the economy at the expense of the poor common working man, LOL!
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Come on man, this **** has been priced in for months.
    Nonsense. The "budget surplus" is fuzzy math and investors aren't paying ANY attention to it because as an "economic indicator", it's less than useless. Better are jobs, GDP, interest, consumer confidence and other things that aren't subject to the "creative license" that politicians take with EVERYTHING with one example being "RECORD BUDGET SURPLUS!". It's bull****. I know it. The market knows it. The only people that seem to be thinking that we're just rolling in it now are the rubes who suck up the crap coming out of the democrat propaganda dispensers.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #56
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I don't know or care where the gold bugs are. I don't follow gold and think that's something only extremists on both the left and right pay attention to.
    Your care or interest in the gold market is irrelevant. That the conservative/republican majority has been swept up in "the cause" is simply a matter of fact.

    Meanwhile, the bulls have done very well in this market. Are you trying to say that all the democrats are bulls and all the republicans are bears?
    I have been following the sentiment of this forum, regarding this issue, since the very beginning. For the past 4+ years i have observed:

    1. The majority of conservatives/Republicans are more anti-Obama than they are pro-U.S.
    2. Every instance of good economic/financial news is typically met with disbelief and down-right bearish rationalization.


    The thread itself is a testament to it!.

    You trying to say that the republicans are taking a bath in a bull market? So much for the theory that they're the evil rich manipulators of the economy at the expense of the poor common working man, LOL!
    Straw men will not work.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #57
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Even calling the victims of racism racists ... Dam, you're a real piece of work ...

    In the first place, Obama got 93% of the black vote ... it just looked like 98% to bigots ...
    He also got 71% of the Latino vote and 73% of the Asian vote? Are Latinos and Asians racists too?
    Gore got 92% of the black vote in 2000 ... 92% compared to Obama's 93% ... Huge difference, no? Were blacks racists in 2000or just if the candidate is black? How about the 88% Kerry got in 2004? Racists as well, or not if the candidate is white?

    Romney got only 47% of the vote in 2012, but got nearly 60% of the white vote. Were the whites who voted for Romney racists, or are blacks (and maybe Latinos and asians) the only racists?
    Get a grip on reality. Don't take it from me, take it from the Huffington Post. If a pinko can't trust them, who can they trust?

    Mitt Romney Is Capturing Zero Percent Of The Black Vote, According To New Poll
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #58
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Nonsense. The "budget surplus" is fuzzy math and investors aren't paying ANY attention to it because as an "economic indicator", it's less than useless.
    ...

    Better are jobs, GDP, interest, consumer confidence and other things that aren't subject to the "creative license" that politicians take with EVERYTHING with one example being "RECORD BUDGET SURPLUS!". It's bull****. I know it. The market knows it. The only people that seem to be thinking that we're just rolling in it now are the rubes who suck up the crap coming out of the democrat propaganda dispensers.
    Partisan politics bore the hell out of me.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Get a grip on reality. Don't take it from me, take it from the Huffington Post. If a pinko can't trust them, who can they trust?

    Mitt Romney Is Capturing Zero Percent Of The Black Vote, According To New Poll
    Didn't like the numbers, did you? just walk away with your tail between your legs and come back another day ... meanwhile, take note that there are cons addressing the issue without the bigotry ... yes, it's possible ...

  10. #60
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Your care or interest in the gold market is irrelevant. That the conservative/republican majority has been swept up in "the cause" is simply a matter of fact.
    Aside from "because I said so", what evidence do you have that "the conservative/republican majority" has been swept up in "the cause" - assuming "the cause" has something to do with the gold market. So whatcha got besides just saying stuff?

    I have been following the sentiment of this forum, regarding this issue, since the very beginning. For the past 4+ years i have observed:

    1. The majority of conservatives/Republicans are more anti-Obama than there are pro-U.S.
    2. Every instance of good economic/financial news is typically met with disbelief and down-right bearish rationalization.


    The thread itself is a testament to it!.
    Straw men will not work.
    Don't be silly. You're just sayin' stuff and that's all good, but emoting like this isn't indicative of an honest position on anything. Your #1 is too stupid to be worthy of a response. Your #2 is just your perception. While the pinkos on the left are trying to sell sunshine, rainbows and lollipops, the right has been a lot more realistic about it and from your perspective, I'm sure that's a great big downer. Let's face it, for all the smoke the left has been trying to blow up everyone's arse about how great things are, unemployment is still way over 7 percent and the Fed is still bailing out the "economic growth" by printing money and by all SENSIBLE and RATIONAL accounts, the US Economic growth is weaker than expected and hoped for. It's going the right direction, but it's anemic.

    And this "budget surplus awesomeness" as an economic indicator is a big, fat ZERO.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •