Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 402

Thread: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    No, a circle is quite simple, really.

    The president is a socialist, and therefore the economy has to be going down the toilet because socialists never are able to improve the economy. Further, we know that the president is a socialist, because the economy isn't improving. Therefore, any evidence that it might be has to be false, because the president is a socialist.

    It is all very logical, in a circular sort of way.
    Ahh… The old "CIRCULAR ARGUMENT" scam…

    Nothing circular about my reasoning scamp.

    Socialism is a logically invalid, thus an intellectually unsound fiscal concept. Therefore socialist policy will not result in sound fiscal results. The US economy has suffered the decaying effects of socialist reasoning for decades and, over the last 6 years the most recent socialist experiment has ONCE AGAIN PROVEN: Socialism SUCKS!

    Now if you need to organize that into a circle, on the hopes that by virtue of your new arrangement that such invalidates the argument, well that's fine with me… I'll just point out that it was your reasoning that invalidated it, which given your socialist nature, it follows that such would be the case.

    Now if you'd like to show a socialist policy which you feel could potentially result in fiscal viability, I'd love to hear all about it.

    And here's me, wishing YOU, the VERY BEST of luck in getting that done.
    Last edited by AmericanbyChoic; 07-14-13 at 05:00 PM.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I agree, as long as it is not under the big-eared guy ... What could be clearer than this after witnessing the last five years of a GOP, especially in the House, bent on destroying this man and his presidency? (and I'm far from Obama's biggest fan, but this has been utterly shameful ...)
    It is shameful only because they failed to destroy him.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,578

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    Ahh… The old "CIRCULAR ARGUMENT" scam…
    Yes, that's exactly what your post was, but it was pretty transparent.

    Socialism means government ownership of the means of production.
    You're quite right that it doesn't work, never has anywhere it's been tried.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It is shameful only because they failed to destroy him.
    The good news is that he's doing a first class job of destroying himself and in the process he's taking the Left down with him. Expect to see the Benghazi treason return fairly soon, with tangible evidence of actual, constitutionally approved: TREASON.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what your post was, but it was pretty transparent.

    Socialism means government ownership of the means of production.
    You're quite right that it doesn't work, never has anywhere it's been tried.
    Oh GOOD ONE!

    DEMAND THAT YOUR ARGUMENT WAS VALID! 'Cause THAT makes it so!

    And yes, I was right… But that, is MY nature.

    OH! And your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post

    I have been following the sentiment of this forum, regarding this issue, since the very beginning. For the past 4+ years i have observed:

    1. The majority of conservatives/Republicans are more anti-Obama than they are pro-U.S.
    2. ...
    Aren't anti-Obama and Pro-United States the same thing? How can one love the United States and love the monster who is destroying it? A love for one implies a disdain for the other.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,578

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    Oh GOOD ONE!

    Thank you, I thought it was pretty good, too.

    Oh, and words do have meanings.

    and a circular reasoning is still circular reasoning. I can remember a geometry teacher teaching us about circular reasoning, way back in high school, and the process has not changed in all that time.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Thank you, I thought it was pretty good, too.

    Oh, and words do have meanings.

    and a circular reasoning is still circular reasoning. I can remember a geometry teacher teaching us about circular reasoning, way back in high school, and the process has not changed in all that time.

    Well it was your reasoning that arranged the facts in a circle… SO, my advice would be that IF you dislike such invalid reasoning, stop building straw arguments to demonstrate it.

    Again, the best of luck in getting yourself through this rough patch.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It is shameful only because they failed to destroy him.
    thank you for helping me make my point ... I owe you ...

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You don't have to explain why. Households can't print money as they need it, so the dynamics aren't the same. Not that money printing is a good thing, though.
    Wait! I am not allowed to print money?

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •