Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 402

Thread: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

  1. #231
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Perhaps because looking at one month's data is meaningless. They would have to go through the major reasons why. As the article states, higher taxes ( not very popular) dividend from Fannie and Freddie ( not very popular). No mention of GDP growth as there was little of that in Q1 and less expected in Q2. I would like to see the market gain 14% every six months, which has to help capital gains tax collections, but not sure that is realistic.
    You gotta be kidding me. The mainstream media values a good story (especially one coinciding with their views) far more than they do any facts that might get in the way.

  2. #232
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    How is this a big deal? Taxes went up. Of course the deficit will go down in the short term. Spending is projecting to increase continuously in the future, so it wont last long. And by the end of the year we will still have added roughly half a trillion to the debt.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  3. #233
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,522

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    How is this a big deal? Taxes went up. Of course the deficit will go down in the short term. Spending is projecting to increase continuously in the future, so it wont last long. And by the end of the year we will still have added roughly half a trillion to the debt.
    If that happens, then the deficit will have been reduced by more than 50%.

    During the campaign, neither candidate even suggested that the deficit could be reduced that much so quickly.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #234
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If that happens, then the deficit will have been reduced by more than 50%.

    During the campaign, neither candidate even suggested that the deficit could be reduced that much so quickly.
    What exactly has Obama done to reduce the deficit and further a deficit reduction doesn't address the U.S. Debt until there is a surplus? Interesting how Obama supporters trumpet a projected deficit reduction that hasn't occurred yet, has more to do with low interest rates and the sequester that Obama was against than anything Obama has done. Are Obama supporters so blinded by their own ideology that they cannot see what is happening? How about fiscal year 2014 budget proposal of 3.77 trillion dollars? Is that the way to address the deficit and debt problem?

    United States Debt Clock July 2013

  5. #235
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,522

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly has Obama done to reduce the deficit and further a deficit reduction doesn't address the U.S. Debt until there is a surplus? Interesting how Obama supporters trumpet a projected deficit reduction that hasn't occurred yet, has more to do with low interest rates and the sequester that Obama was against than anything Obama has done. Are Obama supporters so blinded by their own ideology that they cannot see what is happening? How about fiscal year 2014 budget proposal of 3.77 trillion dollars? Is that the way to address the deficit and debt problem?

    United States Debt Clock July 2013
    Obama doesn't control federal spending. That would be the Congress.



    If we had a Republican in the White House, then the Republicans would be touting any improvement in the economy, ranting about how the mainstream media is ignoring all of the wonderful things that their guy is doing and so on. As it is, since there is a Democrat in the White House, then there can't possibly be any good news.

    News flash: the president doesn't control federal spending anyway. Congress controls federal spending.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Obama doesn't control federal spending. That would be the Congress.



    If we had a Republican in the White House, then the Republicans would be touting any improvement in the economy, ranting about how the mainstream media is ignoring all of the wonderful things that their guy is doing and so on. As it is, since there is a Democrat in the White House, then there can't possibly be any good news.

    News flash: the president doesn't control federal spending anyway. Congress controls federal spending.
    Wrong, Congress appropriates the money and the President spends most of it though the agencies that report to him. What improvement in the economy?

  7. #237
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,522

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, Congress appropriates the money and the President spends most of it though the agencies that report to him. What improvement in the economy?
    I'd call a surplus, even a temporary one, and a halving of the deficit an improvement regardless of the letter after the president's name. What would you call it?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Looks like good news. I can't wait for all the deficit hawks to come in here and also crow about how great this is for our economy. You guys will right? Or is the sky still falling?

    Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    The U.S. government posted a budget surplus in June, the latest sign of rapidly improving public finances that could reduce the urgency in Congress to strike a deal to raise the nation's limit on borrowing.

    Rising tax revenues, public spending cuts and big payments to the Treasury from state-backed mortgage firms helped the government take in $117 billion more last month than it paid out, the U.S. Treasury said on Thursday.

    Analysts polled by Reuters had expected a smaller surplus of $39.5 billion.

    June's surplus was the largest for that month on record.

    ROFLMNAO!

    Well, the coolest part about Socialists is that they are INCAPABLE of sound fiscal policy and of telling the truth. SO… we can rest assured that what is being sent up as a testimony to sound fiscal policy, will in truth turn out to be a function of some mechanism, which in NO WAY stems from sound fiscal policy… and in no way represents a surplus of ANY budget, anywhere.

    Don't know the particulars and I don't have to… all I need to know is that "The Media" is reporting it, therefore it's a lie…

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'd call a surplus, even a temporary one, and a halving of the deficit an improvement regardless of the letter after the president's name. What would you call it?
    There is no surplus, and the economy is NOT improving…

    Now how can we know that, without knowing anything else?

    It's quite simple:

    Socialists are INCAPABLE of reason, therefore socialists are incapable of sound fiscal policy. Surpluses are the result of sound fiscal policy and given that socialists are in power, such policy is not being implemented at this time…

    How can we know the economy is not improving… See: Above. And understand that socialists cannot allow the economy to improve, because where there exist a sound economy, there exist independence, and independence is the antithesis of dependence, with socialism breeding absolutely nothing BUT dependence.

    There's truly nothing complex about any of this…

  10. #240
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,522

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    There is no surplus, and the economy is NOT improving…

    Now how can we know that, without knowing anything else?

    It's quite simple:

    Socialists are INCAPABLE of reason, therefore socialists are incapable of sound fiscal policy. Surpluses are the result of sound fiscal policy and given that socialists are in power, such policy is not being implemented at this time…

    How can we know the economy is not improving… See: Above. And understand that socialists cannot allow the economy to improve, because where there exist a sound economy, there exist independence, and independence is the antithesis of dependence, with socialism breeding absolutely nothing BUT dependence.

    There's truly nothing complex about any of this…
    No, a circle is quite simple, really.

    The president is a socialist, and therefore the economy has to be going down the toilet because socialists never are able to improve the economy. Further, we know that the president is a socialist, because the economy isn't improving. Therefore, any evidence that it might be has to be false, because the president is a socialist.

    It is all very logical, in a circular sort of way.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •