Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 402

Thread: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

  1. #161
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Sequestration was Obamas idea, though everyone eventually supported it.
    Yes, it was... though he tried to disavow it later on.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #162
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    But you can pretend it's "economic news" if you want. It's your credibility. Piss it away if you want.
    Your credibility was in the process of being pissed away the second you continued to peddle your partisan nonsense.

    Why did it impact credit markets? If you cannot explain this, you have no business discussing such topics with anyone.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #163
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Your credibility was in the process of being pissed away the second you continued to peddle your partisan nonsense.

    Why did it impact credit markets? If you cannot explain this, you have no business discussing such topics with anyone.
    Your question assumes a fact not in evidence. This "huge surprise budget surplus" isn't driving credit markets, either. That's because IT'S NOT REAL ECONOMIC NEWS. You get it yet? It doesn't tell us ANYTHING about the state of the economy. Damn. Just accept reality and move on.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Yes, it was... though he tried to disavow it later on.
    Politics.... him and everyone else involved will try to take credit for it when it might be a political advantage and will try to distance themselves from it when it's not.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #165
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    WOW....

    No what hurt us in 2012 was Cons stayed home.

    The voting rights act was FILLIBUSTERED by the Democrats in 1964 and the latest decision by SCOTUS was long over due.

    Hillary, the person so incompetent she couldn't defend a New American Embassy in a ever increasing terrorist ridden Benghazi.

    Hillary, so lacking of a fundamental moral core she would lie to the face of the Father who lost his Son in Benghazi. " We'll arrest the man who made that video ".

    The first time she opens here shrill lieing mouth she'll lose supporters.

    The womans issue ? The " War on Women " ? A false narrative drummed up by Democrats for idiots easily suscepatble to attitudes and empty charges and low information voters.

    I hope they run Hillary, and I hope she wins because once Obama's done with this economy it won't be salvagable.

    The next President needs to be of the same corrupt ideology that got us where were at right now.
    I think we went over this a thousand times but I'll nibble a little. Before the civil rights movement, the south use to run blue. Have you ever ask yourself why it is so red now? I let you do the research on that.

    Now to your other points. I'm gonna be like a conservative/ tea party citizen for a second. If the government comes into my life and tells me what to do, then I am going to take that as a act of war against my rights as American, therefore crying about taking my country back (Hence the slogan "Don't tread on me").

    So as a conservative, please explain to me the difference between your rights and the rights of a pregnant mom making a decision about their body. I don't want to hear about your religious beliefs because that is your religous rights. I want to know what is the difference between your rights not being taken away by government vs a pregnant woman's rights taken away by government.


    This is the problem I have with conservatism. You only want government to mandate people's rights on conservative issues. Freedom doesn't work that way.

    Also, If you honestly believe that the economy is worse than it was in 2009. Then you are not a logical thinker, you are a emotional thinker. The housing market is a lot better today, the stock market has been insane. Granted it is not where it should be. And that is not just Obama's fault. You can include the house and the senate as well to that list as well. Boehner is the worst speaker ever and that is not just my opinion. The president is powerless if the the congress and senate can not get their s*** together.

  6. #166
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Your question assumes a fact not in evidence. This "huge surprise budget surplus" isn't driving credit markets, either. That's because IT'S NOT REAL ECONOMIC NEWS. You get it yet? It doesn't tell us ANYTHING about the state of the economy. Damn. Just accept reality and move on.
    Again, why did credit markets move higher following the release last night? If you lack the analytic skills necessary to answer the question, just admit it. At the very least, keep quiet.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #167
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Again, why did credit markets move higher following the release last night? If you lack the analytic skills necessary to answer the question, just admit it. At the very least, keep quiet.
    Credit markets have moved higher based on Bernanke's comments about tapering off QE3. If you want to present a positive cause/effect relationship between this non-news and the credit markets movement, go ahead and show me the spike that coincided with the release of this "news". Good luck with that.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #168
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    So, let's see... we had a surplus in June. I recall that we also had one in April.

    What happened in May?

    Strange... I don't recall any big news releases touting what happened in May.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #169
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Credit markets have moved higher based on Bernanke's comments about tapering off QE3.
    He made similar comments before, and credit markets fell to their lowest levels since 2011.

    If deficit originated Treasury issuance declines, while credit easing policy is held constant, inflation must increase to ensure an increase in interest rates. Now.... It looks like Treasury issuance is surely going to decline, likely by more than 50%. Which means, interest rates must decline in order to ensure $45 billion in new securities is purchased each month.

    Is it clear??? Supply down... Purchases constant... Inflation Constant... Bond price up...

    The economic growth necessary to increase real interest rates is the only way, as long as the relationship above holds, for the nominal interest rate of Treasuries to increase.

    Hopefully this clears things up....
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    The problem is, tax cuts lose their stimulative characteristics if they are viewed as temporary.




    Agreed!
    The thing tax cuts can stimulate is spending and so increase demand. So why do they need to be long term?

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •