Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 171

Thread: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

  1. #81
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,493

    State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    And no one else is supposed to have standing to defend the Pennsylvania law, right?
    Did you read the article in the OP or any of the thread. Under Pa law the state AG can ask the Governors legal team or a an executive department lawyer to defend the law if it is efficient and serves a state interest. This is what has happened.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  2. #82
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Did you read the article in the OP or any of the thread. Under Pa law the state AG can ask the Governors legal team or a an executive department lawyer to defend the law if it is efficient and serves a state interest. This is what has happened.
    the asnwer to your question is obviously no
    just an emotional knee-jerk reaction without actually knowing anything, and trust me ive been kneejerk myself but i dont double down on it and i simply admit i was wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #83
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    thanks for the back pedal and clearing that up, im glad you admit thats all it is and in post 40 you should have said that, you factually 100% did not
    and for the record your opinion is wrong because the law and facts disagree

    Happy, 15th birthday AGENT J

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    Happy, 15th birthday AGENT J
    is that how many times i proved you wrong and caught you being dishonest already?!?!?!?!?!



    AWESOME THANKS!!!!

    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #85
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    is that how many times i proved you wrong and caught you being dishonest already?!?!?!?!?!



    AWESOME THANKS!!!!

    i think its very clear, for anyone who reads this thread, of how dishonest, untruthful, you really are!

  6. #86
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i think its very clear, for anyone who reads this thread, of how dishonest, untruthful, you really are!
    yes I agree 100% anybody honest reading knows what happened

    i presented facts and you were exposed, then try to lie about it and backpedal

    nothing has changed, your statement in post 40 is factual wrong and still is and you never mentioned OPINION in that post.
    Please continue to make up more stories though the entertainment is off the charts, your fun.
    Let me know when the fact your statement was wrong changes.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #87
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    wrong if you actually knew what you were talking about, read any of the articles or this thread you would know that the law states:


    and the articles have stated that Tom Corbett will probably be the lawyer or a team from those offices

    so no, you are wrong and again maybe try a prop 8 thread where your post MIGHT make sense.
    No, I'm aware that Pennsylvania has a governor who is willing to take the attorney general's place, unlike the situation in California. I'd be curious to see your reaction, though, if some state passed a "common sense" gun law which the executive branch refused to defend in court.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  8. #88
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    No, I'm aware that Pennsylvania has a governor who is willing to take the attorney general's place, unlike the situation in California.
    2.)I'd be curious to see your reaction, though, if some state passed a "common sense" gun law which the executive branch refused to defend in court.
    1.) so you now admit you were wrong and your question was meaningless and made no sense in this thread. thanks
    2.) my reaction is MEANINGLESS to weather laws or oaths are broken. This is what you dont seem to understand.

    this decesion could make me happy, or it could make me mad, but what she did broke no laws, was within her duties and it didnt violated her oath. "feeling" wont change those facts

    now to answer your deflection question intened to help you save face and distract but that is also meaningless

    if she choose to not defend a gun law i might be mad i might be happy but if no laws are broken and she does her job and fulfills her oath it doesnt matter to the topic at hand.

    also please notice my avatar and signature and the mention of pro gun, you dont pay attention much do you? you are very kneejjerk.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 07-12-13 at 09:07 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #89
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Okay, go ahead and explain to me the connection between this story and prop 8.
    Prop 8 set the precedent that a private group can't take up a case on behalf of the state, they lack standing. Hence the question, I would say.

    The state can still appoint someone else to do it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #90
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) so you now admit you were wrong and your question was meaningless and made no sense in this thread. thanks
    2.) my reaction is MEANINGLESS to weather laws or oaths are broken. This is what you dont seem to understand.

    this decesion could make me happy, or it could make me mad, but what she did broke no laws, was within her duties and it didnt violated her oath. "feeling" wont change those facts

    now to answer your deflection question intened to help you save face and distract but that is also meaningless

    if she choose to not defend a gun law i might be mad i might be happy but if no laws are broken and she does her job and fulfills her oath it doesnt matter to the topic at hand.

    also please notice my avatar and signature and the mention of pro gun, you dont pay attention much do you? you are very kneejjerk.
    She had a duty to defend the law, as did Jerry Brown and the attorney general of California. If some other competent official is appointed to vigorously defend the statute, fine! The problem is that no statute should fall simply because the relevant officials refuse to defend it. I don't see why this should be controversial.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •