Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 171

Thread: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

  1. #61
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    in this whole thread I have made 2 points only..2 points

    1 that this woman should be fired

    2 that this woman can be fired

    my first post #40



    AGENT J reply to my post /#40, weith his post 41



    my next post #42 responding to his post #41



    1) this is a personal opinion.......nothing about law here.
    2)wrong .....if you dont do your job...you CAN be removed from it..it going to depend on her boss, of if the people petition to have her removed
    3)its simply means again, i understand her feelings, not wanting to do this, however her feelings to not keep her from losing her job, if the people above her choose to let her go.
    4) again if the people above her, or the people in general want her gone becuase of her actions...she will not hold her position.
    5)well she better know the climate for making this decision, becuase if she is crying about its later, she is the only one to blame.


    I CLEARLY STATE THAT THE WOMAN SHOULD BE REMOVED IS A PERSONAL OPINION OF MIND

    AND I ALSO STATE THAT THE WOMAN CAN BE REMOVED BY PEOPLE ABOVE HER.

    POST BY AGENT J#43... WHICH IS USELESS INFORMATION, AND WHERE HE STATES THAT I STATED NO OPINION OF MINE





    AGAIN IN POST #42 I CLEARLY STATED THAT THE WOMAN SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE WAS MY OPINION.

    AGENT J, HAS MADE A MISTAKE, AND WILL NOT ADMIT HIS ERROR INSTEAD HE CONTINUES TO THROW OUT MORE FALSE INFO, TO CONFUSE.
    Assuming she's an appointee and not elected she serves at the whim of her boss, presumably the governor and he could certainly fire her. That much should be obvious.

    However, there's no reason to fire her. She has acted in accordance with law, the requirements of her oath of office and the dictates of conscious. I'd say that make her a rather good civil servant.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  2. #62
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Assuming she's an appointee and not elected she serves at the whim of her boss, presumably the governor and he could certainly fire her. That much should be obvious. You're stating the obvious.

    However, there's no reason to fire her. She has acted in accordance with law, the requirements of her oath of office and the dictates of conscious. I'd say that make her a rather good civil servant.
    I in no way disagree with you.

    I stated two points...she should be fired.............which is my personal opinion.

    I stated she can be fired, because she works at the behest of the governor, and he can fire her if he chooses, if he feels she is not exercising her duties properly, or if the people themselves petition the governor to fire her.

    these have been my only points I have made.
    Last edited by Master PO; 07-12-13 at 07:26 AM.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    I believe she should be sent to prison.

    I swear, I no longer believe that most people in America are averse to living in a dictatorship, so long as the dictatorship in question severely punishes their personal enemies, promises free stuff that no rational mind would think that they can deliver, and sanctifies their favorite form of sexual deviation.
    Considering no laws have been broken and intact it seems the woman's conscientiously discharged her responsibility it sounds very much like you're advocating for dictatorship.

    Oh and by leaving defenses of the statute to someone who actually believes in it she's probably done those who believe as you a favor.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  4. #64
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    in this whole thread I have made 2 points only..2 points

    1 that this woman should be fired

    2 that this woman can be fired

    my first post #40


    AGENT J reply to my post /#40, weith his post 41



    my next post #42 responding to his post #41



    1) this is a personal opinion.......nothing about law here.
    2)wrong .....if you dont do your job...you CAN be removed from it..it going to depend on her boss, of if the people petition to have her removed
    3)its simply means again, i understand her feelings, not wanting to do this, however her feelings to not keep her from losing her job, if the people above her choose to let her go.
    4) again if the people above her, or the people in general want her gone becuase of her actions...she will not hold her position.
    5)well she better know the climate for making this decision, becuase if she is crying about its later, she is the only one to blame.


    I CLEARLY STATE THAT THE WOMAN SHOULD BE REMOVED IS A PERSONAL OPINION OF MIND

    AND I ALSO STATE THAT THE WOMAN CAN BE REMOVED BY PEOPLE ABOVE HER.

    POST BY AGENT J#43... WHICH IS USELESS INFORMATION, AND WHERE HE STATES THAT I STATED NO OPINION OF MINE





    AGAIN IN POST #42 I CLEARLY STATED THAT THE WOMAN SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE WAS MY OPINION.

    AGENT J, HAS MADE A MISTAKE, AND WILL NOT ADMIT HIS ERROR INSTEAD HE CONTINUES TO THROW OUT MORE FALSE INFO, TO CONFUSE.
    wow, a nice long post and you changed nothign
    yes you claimed she should be fired for failure to do her job in post 40 and said NOTHING about your opinion
    i explained to you thats wrong and the laws disagrees with you

    this fact has not changed and never will

    after that you called what I SAID personal opinion, nice try but you were wrong twice

    then when i said now where in THERE that meant post 40

    then the ranting about she COULD be fired was you deflecting that nobody ever discussed

    posting lies wont change these facts, the only one that made a mistake was you and the thread proves it, you can tell us what you meant to say and you can tell us what you really meant in your head but what you actually wrote and what i called wrong in post 40 is still 100% factually wrong

    whaa whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaaa
    facts prove you wrong again and you lose again
    please let us know when these facts change and or when you would like to admit you misspoke and or were wrong
    Last edited by AGENT J; 07-12-13 at 10:09 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #65
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    I in no way disagree with you.

    I stated two points...she should be fired.............which is my personal opinion.

    I stated she can be fired, because she works at the behest of the governor, and he can fire her if he chooses, if he feels she is not exercising her duties properly, or if the people themselves petition the governor to fire her.

    these have been my only points I have made.
    thanks for the back pedal and clearing that up, im glad you admit thats all it is and in post 40 you should have said that, you factually 100% did not
    and for the record your opinion is wrong because the law and facts disagree
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #66
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Considering no laws have been broken and intact it seems the woman's conscientiously discharged her responsibility it sounds very much like you're advocating for dictatorship.

    Oh and by leaving defenses of the statute to someone who actually believes in it she's probably done those who believe as you a favor.
    Here's the Oath she took:

    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support,
    obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the
    Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge
    the duties of my office with fidelity."

    Note that nowhere does the phrase "if I feel like it," or even "if I agree with them" appear. And it certainly isn't her place tio decide upon the constitutionality of legally enacted law.


    She's derelict in hr official duties and in my vastly superior opinion, should be prosecuted. I there is no law under which she can be prosecuted then that is a severe defect in the Pennsylvania State Law.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  7. #67
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Here's the Oath she took:

    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support,
    obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the
    Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge
    the duties of my office with fidelity."

    Note that nowhere does the phrase "if I feel like it," or even "if I agree with them" appear. And it certainly isn't her place tio decide upon the constitutionality of legally enacted law.


    She's derelict in hr official duties and in my vastly superior opinion, should be prosecuted. I there is no law under which she can be prosecuted then that is a severe defect in the Pennsylvania State Law.
    She is defending the constitution by not defending an unconstitutional law.

    If she were refusing to defend a state-wide blanket ban on all firearms, would you still be whining about her being derelict in her duties?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Here's the Oath she took:

    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support,
    obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the
    Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge
    the duties of my office with fidelity."

    Note that nowhere does the phrase "if I feel like it," or even "if I agree with them" appear. And it certainly isn't her place tio decide upon the constitutionality of legally enacted law.


    She's derelict in hr official duties and in my vastly superior opinion, should be prosecuted. I there is no law under which she can be prosecuted then that is a severe defect in the Pennsylvania State Law.

    Not defending a law she feels is unconstitutional IS defending the Constitution of the United States. What do you think that phrase means?
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  9. #69
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Here's the Oath she took:

    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support,
    obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the
    Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge
    the duties of my office with fidelity."

    Note that nowhere does the phrase "if I feel like it," or even "if I agree with them" appear. And it certainly isn't her place tio decide upon the constitutionality of legally enacted law.


    She's derelict in hr official duties and in my vastly superior opinion, should be prosecuted. I there is no law under which she can be prosecuted then that is a severe defect in the Pennsylvania State Law.
    her oath proves you wrong, this is way it has been posted many times, she violated no oaths or laws your opinion is factually wrong

    the oath and the law support her
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #70
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    one more time for people that missed it

    the law says
    attorney general may allow lawyers for the governor's office or executive-branch agencies to defend a lawsuit if it is more efficient or in the state's best interests.
    the oath says:
    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity."
    she says:
    "I cannot ethically defend the constitutionality of Pennsylvania's version of DOMA, (law banning same-sex marriage), where I believe it to be wholly unconstitutional," Kathleen Kane told reporters at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia on Thursday
    you can disagree with her position all day long but she broke no laws nor did she violate her oath.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •