Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 171

Thread: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

  1. #151
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,777

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Yes, what bothers me though is she won't act in an unbiased manner and protect the law. If she can't do her service she needs to resign. It is unjust to not stick up for a good law because the person in question essentially feels that it's unconstitutional before a ruling. It's a disservice to the people of PA.
    "A good law."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #152
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Yes, what bothers me though is she won't act in an unbiased manner and protect the law. If she can't do her service she needs to resign. It is unjust to not stick up for a good law because the person in question essentially feels that it's unconstitutional before a ruling. It's a disservice to the people of PA.
    If she believes the law contradicts either the state constitution or the US Constitution, she is morally (if not legally) obligated refuse to defend or enforce it.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #153
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Yes, what bothers me though is she won't act in an unbiased manner and protect the law. If she can't do her service she needs to resign. It is unjust to not stick up for a good law because the person in question essentially feels that it's unconstitutional before a ruling. It's a disservice to the people of PA.
    With all due respect, Digsbe, you believe that gay marriage constitutes discrimination against Christians, so I think you'll understand if I take what you consider to be a "good law" with a grain of salt.

  4. #154
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    With all due respect, Digsbe, you believe that gay marriage constitutes discrimination against Christians, so I think you'll understand if I take what you consider to be a "good law" with a grain of salt.
    does he really believe that?
    ive never read him say that? ill have to wait for his answer

    but i do agree, him saying "good law" could be very telling of his own bias and not the AG bias
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #155
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    does he really believe that?
    ive never read him say that? ill have to wait for his answer

    but i do agree, him saying "good law" could be very telling of his own bias and not the AG bias
    Yes. And sadly it's not at all an uncommon claim in this debate.

  6. #156
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes. And sadly it's not at all an uncommon claim in this debate.
    And always hilarious when no one has an answer for how that can be discrimination against their particular anti-SSM religion, but banning it isn't discrimination against a religion that endorses SSM. No one ever has an answer for why Evangelical Christianity gets to trump Reform Judaism.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #157
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes. And sadly it's not at all an uncommon claim in this debate.
    well i hope you just misunderstood because in general and in the vast majority of case i view DIgs to be smarter than that

    but anybody that claims that, has no logical, educated, intelligent, honest or objective foot to stand on for this topic.

    thats one of the biggest nonsensical failed strawmen there is on this debate besides bestiality and pedophile comparisons.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    And always hilarious when no one has an answer for how that can be discrimination against their particular anti-SSM religion, but banning it isn't discrimination against a religion that endorses SSM. No one ever has an answer for why Evangelical Christianity gets to trump Reform Judaism.
    Evangelical Christianity has more letters in it and that is why!

  9. #159
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,013

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    well i hope you just misunderstood because in general and in the vast majority of case i view DIgs to be smarter than that

    but anybody that claims that, has no logical, educated, intelligent, honest or objective foot to stand on for this topic.

    thats one of the biggest nonsensical failed strawmen there is on this debate besides bestiality and pedophile comparisons.
    He's said it too often now for me to misunderstand every single time.

    Besides, compartmentalized intelligence is nothing new. I frequently see posters on this forum whom I consider to be highly intelligent go full retard in a heartbeat once the topic touches on something personal to them. In one breath they'll be telling you things about psychology, history and economics you never knew and with an insight that would take you years of personal experience to reach 1/5th of, and in the next breath they'll say, "And by the way, the earth is really 4000 years old."

    For probably the most breathtaking example of compartmentalized intelligence, see "Eliot Spitzer."

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Irrelevant. The first marriage contracts were exchanging property. By property, I mean the wife.
    Irrelevant and where is your source for this? You're claiming that every early marriage was only about the exchange of property? And you can prove this how? Secondly even if this were true ( and it isn't) that doesn't change the fact that marriage has always meant man + woman since the beginning of mankind.

    That was a business, not a church. A business is not allowed to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This is already the case, and same-sex marriage does not change this. Irrelevant. Has your church changed its opinion? Performed any ceremonies? Have you changed your beliefs? No? Nothing has been forced upon you because of same-sex marriage.
    Wrong. They are being forced to engage in commerce against their morality and beliefs. Can a drunk force a bar to serve him alcohol? Especially if he clearly intoxicated? A florist should have the legal and moral right to not support what they believe to be morally wrong.

    Comparing gays to pedophiles? Wow, how do you live with such hate?
    I compared gays to pedophiles? Wrong again. You're also still dodging the question. Par for the course.

    You just admitted that it's not up to you to decide what the point of someone's marriage is.
    Wrong. I said Gay Marriage trivializes and makes marriage pointless. Marriage has always had specific social, biological and economic purposes. Gay Marriage has none of those things. It's sham, selfish and pretend marriage.

    I am an American, therefore I believe that freedom is a morally superior argument. Gay marriage does not cause harm to others, therefore the government has no business restricting it. Which one of us was for "small government" again?
    Wrong because you just made the case against freedom not 3 sentences above when you claimed a florist who has moral beliefs against homosexuality and gay marriage should be forced to support their institutions and beliefs. I'm the one who claimed Government needs to get out of marriage. You're the one who claims a tyrannical Government should force individual citizens to accept and support the homosexual agenda. You're the one arguing for Big Government.

    Pedophilia and burning down churches cause provable harm. Therefore the state has interest in restricting it. Also, "radical gay mafia." Wow, man. You really regurgitate the talking points well.
    Yes Radical Gay Mafia. The Mob doesn't determine morality. Neither does the State. You also dodged the fact that gays themselves didn't accept the majority will of the people and have used the courts to overturn it.

    That wasn't the "logic" at all, but keep hittin that straw man! Oh hey, another original phrasing "down everyone's throats." You sure are obsessed with the sexual aspects of this discussion. Here I'm talking about marriage contracts and how the government recognizes them, and you keep bringing up GAY SEX GAY SEX IN OUR THROATS. I wonder what Freud would say about that.
    So instead of an argument now you're engaging in silly little ad hominems and implying I'm a homosexual. Infantile and pathetic, but it just shows you're running out emotional arguments.

    A separate but equal institution, you mean? Gee, I wonder why people might not like the idea. Marriage is more than just a legal contract. But the government's role is not to decide that for you. It is not their job to require married couples to have children, or to be Christian, or to be straight.
    Institutions by their very definition EXCLUDE. A Gay Pride Parade by it's very nature EXCLUDES groups and individuals. An all female gym by it's very natire EXCLUDES an entire gender by it's very nature. Where is this cosmic written rule that there has to be full inclusion and equality in everything? There isn't one. Clubs, institutions and traditions by their very nature fulfill specific needs and have specific purposes. Baptists don't have to hold catholic masses. Baseball doesn't have to include Football. You're emotional argument is a strawman.

    Claiming that Marriage is just a "legal contract" is a strawman. The institution of marriage was never created just so sodomites could get a tax break. It is an institution with specific social, economic and biological purposes.

    [quote[Cry some more, take your ball, go home. How do you live with such hate? That's not healthy, man. Gay marriage doesn't affect you in any way. Maybe it's better if you just let go.[/QUOTE]

    More ad hominems and useless talking points that have been debunked a billion times. I've asked you specific questions which you refuse to answer multiple times within this thread now which tells me everything I need to know. For any future replies feel free to reference this post and any earlier posts for my response.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •