Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 171

Thread: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

  1. #131
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,782

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    WTF are you talking about? You're spewing nonsensical gibberish.

    Marriage has never meant anything other than man + woman since the beginning of mankind. The collective notion that the definition of marriage has always meant man + woman is not debatable. The institution of marriage was created because of specific biological, social and economic purposes. It wasn't created so 2 sodomites could get a tax break.
    Irrelevant. The first marriage contracts were exchanging property. By property, I mean the wife.

    That was a business, not a church. A business is not allowed to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. This is already the case, and same-sex marriage does not change this. Irrelevant. Has your church changed its opinion? Performed any ceremonies? Have you changed your beliefs? No? Nothing has been forced upon you because of same-sex marriage.

    Not like everyone else. Group Marriage and Polygamists and any other weird sexual perversion doesn't have the same rights. You're also dodging the question. If gays can force institutions to change their meanings and beliefs, then why can't individuals and groups force gay institutions such as pride parades to change theirs? Polygamists should be able to force gays to change their pride parade to include Polygamy pride, or heck how about pedophiles forcing Gay Pride Parades to celebrate "Pedo Pride"?
    Comparing gays to pedophiles? Wow, how do you live with such hate?


    A "nebulous tradition"? It's a tradition that has always had specific biological, social and economic purposes. Even the Spartans recognized this and they had rampant homosexuality within their culture. The concept of marriage has always been classified by gender. The whole POINT was to bring the genders together. Gay Marriage is a sham. Pointless and pretend play acting.
    You just admitted that it's not up to you to decide what the point of someone's marriage is.

    The acceptance of gay marriage is not morally superior to the opposition of it. Where do you get your concept of morality from? What moral authority (beyond The Mob or The State) has made this decree?
    I am an American, therefore I believe that freedom is a morally superior argument. Gay marriage does not cause harm to others, therefore the government has no business restricting it. Which one of us was for "small government" again?


    Using that logic if enough people supported and voted for pedophilia would that make it morally right? How about burning down churches? You're forgetting that even in CA gay marriage was voted down and still the radical gay mafia wouldn't accept the will of the people.
    Pedophilia and burning down churches cause provable harm. Therefore the state has interest in restricting it. Also, "radical gay mafia." Wow, man. You really regurgitate the talking points well.

    So this notion that if more than 50% support that it makes it "morally superior" is laughable on it's face. Not even the radical gays accepted that "logic" which is why they are using the liberal courts to ram their agenda down everyone's throats trying to rationalize and normalize sodomy and sexual perversion.
    That wasn't the "logic" at all, but keep hittin that straw man! Oh hey, another original phrasing "down everyone's throats." You sure are obsessed with the sexual aspects of this discussion. Here I'm talking about marriage contracts and how the government recognizes them, and you keep bringing up GAY SEX GAY SEX IN OUR THROATS. I wonder what Freud would say about that.

    Marriage is more than a "legal contract". It is an institution with specific biological, social and economic purposes. Gays should have created their own institution of marriage if this issue was about "legal contracts" instead of trivializing the purpose of marriage as an institution.
    A separate but equal institution, you mean? Gee, I wonder why people might not like the idea. Marriage is more than just a legal contract. But the government's role is not to decide that for you. It is not their job to require married couples to have children, or to be Christian, or to be straight.

    Government should get out of marriage since marriage is now pointless
    Cry some more, take your ball, go home. How do you live with such hate? That's not healthy, man. Gay marriage doesn't affect you in any way. Maybe it's better if you just let go.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,559

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Article II Section I

    Presidents have chosen to not enforce laws they felt unconstitutional going back to the earliest days of the republic and court opinions going back to at least the mid 1800s support the idea that the President has not only a right but an obligation to do so under the constitution.
    You are not really trying to say that the Constitution gives the President that power, are you? You referenced Article 2 section 1, but there is nothing there. And just because this president takes action that he does not actually have the power to do, doesn't make it okay. That's one of the biggest problems today, government doing things that it shouldn't be doing.

  3. #133
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1.)She took an oath of office to defend the law and the state constitution. This woman is a fraud who should be thrown out of office.

    2.)There is nothing principled or moral about gay marriage. Gay marriage is a sham and an abomination.
    1.) sorry law, facts, and her oath all disagree with you and prove you wrong
    2.) your opinion on this is meaningless and funny
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #134
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post

    If someone demands that gay pride parades have to change their name to Christian Pride Parades where gays have to accept Christian beliefs by force does that person have the right to force them to change their institution?
    this might be on of the most nonsensical, inane, illogical thing i have ever read on here. Its makes ZERO sense. I thought your other post was funny, THIS is funny.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #135
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1.)My point went completely over your head. Par for the course.
    2.)If gays have the special right to start making demands that institutions change their meanings
    3.), if they can force their morality onto others
    4.) than why can't groups/individuals force the gay agenda to change their institutions and beliefs as well?
    5.) What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

    Secondly, gay marriage is pointless. It makes the point of marriage pointless. So if the institution of marriage is pointless there is no need for Government to be involved since it serves no purpose.
    1.) par for the course is your angry, we are laughing and your post completely failed because its not true
    2.) this isnt happening and you making it up doesnt make it true. Gays dont have special rights and they arent making any institution change their definitions, this is a lie
    3.) this is another lie, nobody is forcing morality on you
    4.) see above, because you posted some lies and are making it up
    5.) i agree thats way you are losing and gays are slowly being granted equal and civil rights and discrimination is ending
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #136
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1.)Of course they are. Marriage has never meant anything other than man + woman in the entire history of the human race.
    2.) So tell me why can't a group or individual force gays to change their institutions like their pride parades to include new definitions, meanings and beliefs?
    3.)If gays can demand Marriage means what we want it to mean now and not what is has always meant, then why can't a group or individual demand the same thing of their gay institutions?
    4.) Gays don't want to create their own institution of marriage.
    5.) They want to change the existing institution of marriage to fit their emotional needs.



    No it isn't. I don't worship and accept everything Government demands by decree like you do.
    1.) this is another lie you just posted and is factually not true
    2.) because its not happening you made it up, nobody falls for it
    3.) again t not happening, no institution is being changed, you fail again
    4.) correct they want equality and they are getting it
    5.) nothing is changing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #137
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, is it legal for her to do it?
    yes 100%
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #138
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Her job is to uphold the law, not decide which laws she's going to uphold and which ones she isn't. I think she needs to be fired.
    the law, her job duties and her oath all factually support her, so your thoughts arent based on anything logical
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #139
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    WTF are you talking about? You're spewing nonsensical gibberish.

    Marriage has never meant anything other than man + woman since the beginning of mankind. The collective notion that the definition of marriage has always meant man + woman is not debatable. The institution of marriage was created because of specific biological, social and economic purposes. It wasn't created so 2 sodomites could get a tax break.



    Washington State Sues Florist for Refusing Gay Couple's Wedding | Advocate.com

    Vermont's Wildflower Inn Settles Gay Marriage Lawsuit With Lesbian Couple



    Not like everyone else. Group Marriage and Polygamists and any other weird sexual perversion doesn't have the same rights. You're also dodging the question. If gays can force institutions to change their meanings and beliefs, then why can't individuals and groups force gay institutions such as pride parades to change theirs? Polygamists should be able to force gays to change their pride parade to include Polygamy pride, or heck how about pedophiles forcing Gay Pride Parades to celebrate "Pedo Pride"?



    A "nebulous tradition"? It's a tradition that has always had specific biological, social and economic purposes. Even the Spartans recognized this and they had rampant homosexuality within their culture. The concept of marriage has always been classified by gender. The whole POINT was to bring the genders together. Gay Marriage is a sham. Pointless and pretend play acting.

    The acceptance of gay marriage is not morally superior to the opposition of it. Where do you get your concept of morality from? What moral authority (beyond The Mob or The State) has made this decree? Using that logic if enough people supported and voted for pedophilia would that make it morally right? How about burning down churches? You're forgetting that even in CA gay marriage was voted down and still the radical gay mafia wouldn't accept the will of the people. So this notion that if more than 50% support that it makes it "morally superior" is laughable on it's face. Not even the radical gays accepted that "logic" which is why they are using the liberal courts to ram their agenda down everyone's throats trying to rationalize and normalize sodomy and sexual perversion.

    Marriage is more than a "legal contract". It is an institution with specific biological, social and economic purposes. Gays should have created their own institution of marriage if this issue was about "legal contracts" instead of trivializing the purpose of marriage as an institution.

    Government should get out of marriage since marriage is now pointless
    another post and more fallacies, are you ever honest or do you just get mad start punching stuff and make stuff up

    within the context of this topic everything bolded is factually not true
    its funny that you think honest and educated posters will fall for this
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #140
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,791

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    1.)She was hired to do a job. That job is to uphold and defend the laws of PA. She isn't doing that. She should step down.

    She is doing the right thing by not defending the state. At the same time, she is not doing her job by not defending the state. My 2 cents.
    the bolded
    1.) 100% false
    2.) again 100% false

    the LAW, rules of her office and her oath all disagree with you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •