Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 171

Thread: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    She was doing that. Defending the state and Federal constitution against an unconstitutional law. (by not defending that law in court)
    Gay Marriage is not in the Constitution

    The Founders never would have supported such an abomination sham like gay marriage

    Nice try though

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    but gay marriage is not illiegal in some states.
    If states vote individually to allow an abomination like gay marriage to exist, then that is perfectly within their right. Social issues such as pretend sham marriages like gay marriage are relegated to the states BY DESIGN

    We get it though. Laws only matter if corrupt left wing radicals agree with them

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It does matter. Because the task of defending Obamacare would fall to the Federal government. Not the states. Unless you think the Obama administration is going to elect not to defend Obamacare...
    I think that he may go lax on enforcement in the interest of self-preservation.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,908

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Gay Marriage is not in the Constitution

    The Founders never would have supported such an abomination sham like gay marriage

    Nice try though
    but regular marriage is not in the constitution either.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    but regular marriage is not in the constitution either.
    Exactly

    Which is why Government should get out of the marriage business completely. No government in marriage at all. No tax breaks. Nothing. If gays want to have their silly little ceremonies and call it "marriage" fine. They are just playing dress up. It's not real.

    If someone demands that gay pride parades have to change their name to Christian Pride Parades where gays have to accept Christian beliefs by force does that person have the right to force them to change their institution?

  5. #105
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Exactly

    Which is why Government should get out of the marriage business completely. No government in marriage at all. No tax breaks. Nothing. If gays want to have their silly little ceremonies and call it "marriage" fine. They are just playing dress up. It's not real.

    If someone demands that gay pride parades have to change their name to Christian Pride Parades where gays have to accept Christian beliefs by force does that person have the right to force them to change their institution?
    Faulty comparison: Christianity does not hold title to the word "marriage." Nor are any Christians being "forced to change their institution."

    Nobody ever said the government should get out of marriage until gay people started using the word too. Talk about wanting to take "your" ball and go home.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Faulty comparison: Christianity does not hold title to the word "marriage." Nor are any Christians being "forced to change their institution."

    Nobody ever said the government should get out of marriage until gay people started using the word too. Talk about wanting to take "your" ball and go home.
    My point went completely over your head. Par for the course.

    If gays have the special right to start making demands that institutions change their meanings, if they can force their morality onto others, than why can't groups/individuals force the gay agenda to change their institutions and beliefs as well? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

    Secondly, gay marriage is pointless. It makes the point of marriage pointless. So if the institution of marriage is pointless there is no need for Government to be involved since it serves no purpose.

  7. #107
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    My point went completely over your head. Par for the course.

    If gays have the special right to start making demands that institutions change their meanings, if they can force their morality onto others, than why can't groups/individuals force the gay agenda to change their institutions and beliefs as well? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    No, my point went over your head. What you missed is that gay people aren't doing that. They aren't forcing anyone to change their beliefs or their meanings. I understand exactly what you are saying and what you believe. You're just wrong.

    Secondly, gay marriage is pointless. It makes the point of marriage pointless. So if the institution of marriage is pointless there is no need for Government to be involved since it serves no purpose.
    It is not up to you, or to the government, to decide what "the point" of someone's marriage is.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, my point went over your head. What you missed is that gay people aren't doing that. They aren't forcing anyone to change their beliefs or their meanings. I understand exactly what you are saying and what you believe. You're just wrong.
    Of course they are. Marriage has never meant anything other than man + woman in the entire history of the human race. So tell me why can't a group or individual force gays to change their institutions like their pride parades to include new definitions, meanings and beliefs?

    If gays can demand Marriage means what we want it to mean now and not what is has always meant, then why can't a group or individual demand the same thing of their gay institutions? Gays don't want to create their own institution of marriage. They want to change the existing institution of marriage to fit their emotional needs.

    It is not up to you, or to the government, to decide what "the point" of someone's marriage is.
    No it isn't. I don't worship and accept everything Government demands by decree like you do.
    Last edited by Bronson; 07-12-13 at 10:42 PM.

  9. #109
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Of course they are. Marriage has never meant anything other than man + woman in the entire history of the human race. So tell me why can't a group or individual force gays to change their institutions like their pride parades to include new definitions, meanings and beliefs?
    Two men can get married in several states and some other countries. Has your belief changed? Do you suddenly approve of same-sex marriage? Do you love your wife less? (if married. if not, do you figure that's something that would happen?) Has your church, or any other, been forced to accept homosexuality? Forced to perform same-sex ceremonies? (and what do you mean "forced?" gunpoint? by law?) Have they re-written the bible?

    I guess I'm just trying to understand your perspective here. I really don't understand what exactly you think is being "forced" upon you, and how.

    If gays can demand Marriage means what we want it to mean now and not what is has always meant, then why can't a group or individual demand the same thing of their gay institutions? Gays don't want to create their own institution of marriage. They want to change the existing institution of marriage to fit their emotional needs.
    They want the government to let them sign a legal contract granting certain benefits regarding the person they love, like everyone else. "The existing institution" is not a monolithic idea shared by all. Clearly.

    No it isn't. I don't worship and accept everything Government demands by decree like you do.
    You're the one arguing that the government continue making a gender-based distinction regarding a legal contract between private individuals. Based on.. what, exactly? A nebulous "tradition" or "institution" or "definition?" Why should the government base a gender-based classification on the morals of ~50%-and-dropping of the population?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: State attorney general won’t defend gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    State attorney general won't defend gay marriage ban | TribLIVE



    I very much respect this woman for standing up for her principles. I believe she should leave her job because it is her job to defend the state's laws. However, great to see her standing up for what she believes is right. Tough call on her part.
    But, is it legal for her to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •