People tend to forget that this filibuster rule was put in place by the Senate it self, not by the constitution.
All of the rules in the world can't save you from bad spirited and immoral people. If people believe short term partisan gains are more important than functional government to the extent that they could no longer fathom a difference between the two, than your country will fail no matter what its laws and regulations are. The overall badness and evil that rules society will find a way to pervert the new rules.
If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
I don't really understand why any of you support passing things with only 51% support. What about the other 49%? I think we should not be passing any bills that don't have at least a majority of both parties support.
The only thing it is functionally doing is passing laws and bills behind our backs so those in power can do whatever they want. Can't get much less functional than that.